Abortion and the Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Cazzo, Jul 18, 2008.

?

I am :

1. For abortion and for the death penalty.

16 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. Against abortion and against the death penalty.

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Against abortion and for the death penalty.

11 vote(s)
    28.2%
  4. For abortion and against the death penalty.

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  5. Not sure.

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Kadark Banned Banned

Bingo! What you posted is the truth, although it certainly isn't beyond logic, as your user title would indicate (haha). As inzomnia graciously pointed out, 98% of abortions (in the United States, if I recall correctly) are done for "personal reasons", which is nothing but a fancy, professional way of saying "I'm an irresponsible bitch who decided to have sex out of marriage, and by accident I was impregnated. I don't want to deal with dirty diapers and midnight madness, so would you politely vacuum the developing human being from my forbidden pit? Appreciate it!" Considering the staggering statistics (98%), it's safe to say that the "condoms can break!" crowd has permanently been rendered speechless, and for good reason. The "it's not your choice, it's the woman's!" argument is such bombastic bullshit that one feels compelled to stab the expresser of such hogwash in their cursed jugular. It's nobody's choice to liquidate developing life, unless that life directly harms its bearer. Under normal, healthy circumstances, abortion is a crime against humanity.

Kadark the Accursed

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

It seems like you have made might makes right arguments in a variety of contexts. Is is only when women exercise power that you become compassionate?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

But she/the father is a forced caregiver after? What if she/he decides to kill the child immediately after it is born for "personal reasons"?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

The baby is no longer part of her body. It is a different situation. Woman/foetus no longer unit.

8. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Then she would have murdered a person she had committed herself to care for.

I'm not clear on your line of reasoning - do you regard the development of a child and the bringing into existence of a human being in one's care an insignificant detail ?

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its still her baby. And if she's breast feeding, its still a unit.

10. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

I don't think I based my argument on whether the baby was hers.
    To some degree, but not enough for me. The baby can be placed on another full breast. The mother can have control of her body, no longer have the role of mother AND the baby can live.

11. Kadark Banned Banned

"Might is right" arguments from me? Really? It's odd you would say that, considering I'm supporting the weakest entity in this entire debate (the developing baby).

Next question.

Kadark the Miracle

12. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

That was precisely my point. It seems like in response to other moral issues your response has been something like 'we (it, they) have the power, why should I care."

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The baby of course, has no say before or after. It can still be an economic burden, a hindrance to the mothers health and social life, she should have the choice to do away with it. Why should anyone else care? After all, there is no regulation as to the number of abortions a woman can have, I know women who have had as many as three. :shrug:

14. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

but they do. Hence it is a different situation. I find your arguments that it is the same after birth unconvincing.

15. Kadark Banned Banned

Do you even read my posts? :bugeye:

Don't answer that.

Kadark the Electric

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And I find the arguments that a child magically acquires rights after birth somehow strange. I mean would you let a woman do drugs in the first trimester?

17. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

Would you let her smoke in the first?
    If working leads to more problems, would you force all women to quit or take off from work?
    Should pregant women be allowed to drive?
    I am making no claim that a child magically acquires rights. I do not think rights exist. So I have no idea what the magical appearance of one would be like.

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Kadark:

Do you think males have any role or responsibility in this process?

Do you eat meat?

SAM:

No, but she/the father have responsibilities to ensure the child's wellbeing - even if that only involves handing the child to some other trustworthy guardian.

From a legal perspective, that would be murder.

From a moral perspective, I think she has probably made the decision too late.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So if a woman was doing heroin in her first trimester that would not constitute abuse, because its not legally a child?

20. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

I'll answer your question if you answer my first one above.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not in my presence. I would take the cigarette from her and read her a riot act; in fact, I've done it to my father and he wasn't even pregnant

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

It's not child abuse. Nor is it illegal, by the way.

On the other hand, to do heroin in the first trimester then go ahead and have the child is irresponsible and unfair to the child.

23. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

So interpersonally you would try to intervene. But would you support legal restrictions on pregnant women?

As far as the heroin:
    she is abusing the woman/foetus unit and I too would get awefully cranky with her.

I have to admit I would be hesitant to make grabs for the needle, but I might flush her stash.
    (ooh, I felt like I was in some bad Hollywood movie for a moment there)