Abortion and the Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Cazzo, Jul 18, 2008.

?

I am :

1. For abortion and for the death penalty.

16 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. Against abortion and against the death penalty.

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Against abortion and for the death penalty.

11 vote(s)
    28.2%
  4. For abortion and against the death penalty.

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  5. Not sure.

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

no, I don't think anyone wonders about cancer.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

No.. but they should, given their line of reasoning.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

For the same reason I accept that some people want a death penalty when their loved ones are killed. Just because I disagree with some way of life, it does not mean that everyone else has to.

It is if you're justifying abortion based on the theory that its a group of "cells" no different than a wart or pimple. Its an individual, a unique human being and anyone who thinks that vacuuming off a human being from their uterus is not killing a person is fooling no one but themselves. I kill rats for a living, I don't pretend they are vegetables, just so I can justify it.

Many people do. Women grieve for miscarriages too. And for abortions. If you cracked open an egg and found a half formed chick instead, could you still make an omelet from it? Does a 10-12 week old fetus look like a fertilised egg to you?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"If you cracked open an egg and found a half formed chick instead, could you still make an omelet from it?"

I'm pretty sure that's unhealthy.

8. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't bank on it, you could however leave it on a low heat and watch it develop.

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

thank god i live in australia where these practices are illegal

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

why would it be illegal? If a pharmacist has ethical reasons for not wanting to dispense a drug, another pharmacist may do so. Some people don't work on Sundays and some don't dispense what they consider an abortion drug.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think if your work interferes with your belief you should find some other occupation.

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

It may not have been an issue til the drug was invented. Most employers will work around it.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Birth control has been around for some time. What did they do before? Refuse to sell condoms? I have no patience with people whose beliefs get in other people's way of life. Hold as many beliefs as you want, but don't let it interfere with how other people live their lives.

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

??? birth control doesn't abort a fertilized egg. I think a pharmacist has every right not to dispense a drug he doesn't agree with. He would consider himself a murderer doing so.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Then he should get another job. What if I have a religion that believes some people are unclean? Should I refuse to treat those people?

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

orleander, sam is right. if you cant treat your pts with respect you shouldnt be in health PERIOD. If your a nurse who doesnt agree with abortion dont work in that sector but any health proffessional who refused to give CORRECT medical treatment to a rape victom and that includes the morning after pill would be sued for medical negilance, delisted as a medical proffessional and probably face criminal charges as well

As for a pharmisit who refused to give the morning after pill they also dont have that right to decide. the job of a health proffessional is to advise the pt then carry out THERE decision not enforce yours on them.

thats the law

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

There are religions of which the believers refuse any kind of medical treatment.
    What if one of them was a pharmacist ? lol

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, in a profession, be professional. I never discuss my personal beliefs at work. Most especially if they contradict my work ethics.

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

How is it disrespectful to a patient to not dispense a drug they don't agree with? The pharmacist doesn't stand there and call her a whore for using it. If its his own pharmacy he would just say "sorry, we don't carry this drug"

Should we also demand the pharmacist learn Spanish?

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Umm no. Can I declare a belief in neo-Nazism and refuse to serve blacks, Jews, untouchables? Can I be a vegetarian dishwasher who won't wash meat dishes? Can I be a Sudanese cab driver who won't allow dogs in my cab even if its a seeing eye dog? Can I be an Amish doctor and refuse to use electricity? Its ridiculous.

Its not a job description for a pharmacist to be a polyglot, but it is not his job to decide which prescriptions he will fill. Unless its for legal reasons.

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

look at a different situation,
    would you have a pacifist as a riflmen in the army?
    a person whos religion forbids the use of computers working tech surport in a computer company?

no, if they dont like it find another proffession, the goverment employs health staff to admister heath advice and treatment based on the guidlines the GOVERMENT has set. That means that a doc in A&E with a sexual assult victom (sorry in health its never called rape, thats a legal ruling of the courts) must follow the guidelines for dealing with sexual assults like photographing the injuries, taking bloods to test for STD's, collecting trace evidence, giving profalactics AND providing the morning after pill. If the pt says she doesnt want it thats her choice, not the doctors OR the nurses or any other health worker. We are just there to give the infomation and provide the treatment, they make the decisions. its also against the medical practice guidelines (which means if you breach them the penelty is termination) to misslead the pt. Ie to try to convince them not to take the morning after pill, or tell them its not nessary against medical guidlines ect

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

do you think a pharmacist who is against the drug would carry it in his store?
    He's not refusing the customer, he's refusing the drug. He's not against her, he's against the drug.
    I can the same thing happening with medical pot. Some pharmacies will not carry it due to ethical beliefs.

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Those are some weird ass pharmacies...

How come the pharmacist can decide for others what medicine they can use and what medicine they can't use ?
    If he doesn't want to use it fine..