Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Plazma Inferno!, Nov 1, 2007.
I am quite certain redarmy11 changed his vote.
Plazma pls check!
Log in or Sign up to hide all adverts.
No he was just being silly. As usual.
No I don't think so
I wavered. But now I say fuck it.
The people who can't handle a little mudslinging really need to start fucking off fast. Really. Find a nice nursery.
You're being personally attacked? Options:
1. Attack back. Be more inventive than them. It's both fun and very cathartic. Here's a nice list.
2. The Ignore button. A single click brings instant relief. Faster than Anadin.
3. Politely (and persistently if necessary) ask them to stop. Ignore the insults and stick to whatever point you want to make. To my mind, only that lovable bunny Satyr will fail to respond. If it's your thread and you want a serious, sober discussion about the topic without any distractions invoke the Alpha rules (NO trolling! NO flaming!) from the start. If it's not your thread, consider starting your own and insist that the Alpha rules are strictly adhered to. If anyone breaks them contact a mod and ask them to remove any offending posts.
4. If all else fails, report them. The sissy option.
The tools for dealing with personal attacks are already in place. Use them or don't use them. It's all up to you.
Silenus's vote should not be counted, as he is no longer a member of sciforums, and was in fact never a legitimate member.
I agree. I removed one vote from 'Yes' option, so it's currently 26:25 for 'SF Abolishers'.
Two more hours for votes!
*Note: If the result is even, I will extend poll for 24 hours.
* Note: For teh BUMP. Less than an hour.
It is done. Bwhahahahahahaha! :mufc:
Ok. Poll is closed now.
Infraction System will be abolished.
Until we find out decent solution (it will be soon), yellow cards will be still in use (yellow cards will not carry points) or members will be warned by moderator verbally in the thread or via PM.
Warning model for the future will be defined soon.
Thank you all for your votes.
Can I change my vote?
No not really
Apart from the very first remark.
All Very Good Points.
We don't want people F****** off because they are offended.
For a few other reasons, yes, but not ecause they are offended.
People have different points at which they find offence
and they need to let people know that they have gone beyond their personal
limits. Some people find this difficult to do. Maye a special icon could be made for the purpose.
You say "For the BUMP, less than an hour"
I'm not sure what you mean.
I hope that after all the debate and comment
you are not going to put into operation some preconceived plan.
BUMP = Bullying Uppity Members Persistently.
That was just reminder for members that we had less than an hour to vote.
No, there is no secret plan. I will respect choice of majority and I can read wishes of members. Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!
Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!
That's me and you gone!
If each moderator had been more polite when admonishing people, we would not have lost Satyr or Sauna. Both of them were valuable contributors. More than one moderator here has taunted or otherwise provoked people when giving out infractions, causing fights in which the one who had less power was excluded from these forums. A lot of times when I have encountered this on the net it was done to the user deliberately.
i still have 8 infraction point
are they going to stay there forever
Yes if they are serious, like if you issue a death threat or something.
one for reporting on moderators
another for trolling
and another fake one
Finally all mine just expired.
Separate names with a comma.