A world with a loving God.

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Xelasnave.1947, Nov 2, 2019.

1. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I'll go with that.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

No I didn’t.
    okay.
    How is that asinine as an analogy?
    An iPhone is complete, if it is an iPhone. A human being is complete if it is a human being.
    You can’t be a human being, and not a human being at the same time.
    A skilled forensic expert can detect if a human being used a cup. But he/she cannot tell if the human being was incomplete, because incomplete human beings don’t exist. If we deem one to be incomplete, it is only based on another human beings opinion.
    I bet the wife of the the late Stephen Hawkins did, or does not view her late husband as an incomplete human being.
    Yet there are human beings who may think he was incomplete. Do you think he was an incomplete human being?
    Being physically incomplete does not make you any less of a human being, anymore than a car without air conditioning, makes it less of a car.
    What else were we talking about?
    You made the mistake of thinking I said the human design is perfect. I didn’t.
    I said the human design is “perfectly complete”.
    Now you’re flip- flopping because you know you messed up.
    You’re the one that is acting out of ignorance. I say “acting” because you know you messed up.
    Then you have a problem with every single human including yourself. Because all humans are ignorant of something.
    Go on! Tell me you’re not.
    If you think that, then you’re a fool.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Are you saying the 2nd law of TD doesn’t work efficiently? If it it works efficiently, and every human being is subject to it, then it is complete. It is exactly how it is supposed to work.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I'm afraid that I can no more correct you than I can agree with you, because like most others here, I don't know to what you refer when you say human beings are complete or incomplete. Sure, I know what a human being is, but I have no idea what a "complete" or "incomplete" human being is, which is the question that's been put before you considering you're the one using those terms. I provided the definition of complete for context, but still, there is no explanation forthcoming. I, as I'm sure others here, as well, are very interested in hearing that explanation.

8. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

What is a human being?

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

A culture-bearing primate classified in the genus Homo, especially the species Homo Sapiens. Human beings are anatomically similar and related to the great apes but are distinguished by a more highly developed brain and a resultant capacity for articulate speech and abstract reasoning.

What is a complete human being? What is an incomplete human being?

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

A human being
    I don’t know.
    But it isn’t a human being

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Wonderful! We've now established that the terms complete/incomplete are not only meaningless in this context, but also redundant and are doing nothing more than causing confusion. A complete human being is just a human being and an incomplete human being is an unknown. Therefore, the term to use is simply, human being. Well done.

davewhite04 likes this.
  12. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I'm sure the Ignored in Show Ignored Content is winding up the Merry-Go-Round again

If you want some fun ask about the African swallows

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

The most classic Jan Ardena post to date:

Me: You said X.
    Jan: No I didn’t.
    Me: Here it is - "X."
    Jan: okay.

With logic like that, let's see where he goes!

Jan: "We’re all physically incomplete."

The end.

14. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Lol!!!
    My original statement was that the human design was perfectly complete. It was you and bilvon who, trying to belittle that statement, came with the notion that human beings were incomplete. You came with the derogatory notions that somehow, humans were incomplete because the eyes , and the backbone weren’t how you’d like them to be. How disabled people were not complete humans, and other similar discriminatory nonsense.

You shot yourselves in the foot, on account of your religious belief, because of your pride and stubbornness, looking like social darwinistic bigots.

If human beings are perfectly complete in their design, then that obviously includes any defects a human being may incur. That being said, a complete human being (your term) is synonymous with a human being.

Once again bilvon...
    Is Stephen Hawkins a complete, or incomplete human being?

15. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I'm going to go with a circular bridge which he lives under (and can never cross) with a Merry-Go-Round he keeps winding up

Currently at 22 pages and ??? going for a record?

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Jan, why are you directing that at me, I did no such thing, That seems rather unfair considering I treated your responses fairly and without malice. The entire time I was merely trying to clarify your statements.

17. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

My apologies.
    I was definitely directing it at bilvon.
    The part about completeness and incompleteness, up to and not including disabled people was directed to you.

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Again, the terms complete/incomplete seem redundant here. Hawking was simply a human being, as we all are, by definition. Any defects wouldn't take away from that definition.

19. billvon Valued Senior Member

He was a human being. He had motor control deficits - and of course the same other deficits we all have.
    Tammy Duckworth is a human being. She is missing some limbs, and is thus physically incomplete. And, of course, she has the same sort of deficits that all of us have (explained above.)

Really pretty simple. Now, 1 2 3 - start twisting!

20. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

That’s all I’m saying.
    The design is perfectly complete, no matter the defects, or loss of life.
    Now can we move on?

Where is Alex these days?

21. Halc Registered Senior Member

I seem to have started quite a storm with my comment. This is the first reply:
    A completed design for a car with the left rear wheel perpendicular to the others would be a complete design if nothing else was left unspecified.
    A complete design doesn't make the design good. A better engineer would not have designed a car with a wheel like that.
    As evidenced by the sub-standard engineering, my designer is not perfect, nor even close.
    I'm talking about the universal design of a human, not a particular which might be say damaged and not conform to the design, perfect or otherwise. Thus if I was designed by God, God is not perfect. If God is asserted to be perfect, then God doesn't exist. Hence you need to assert the perfection of the design despite the blatant evidence to the contrary. The argument seems to have proceeded along these lines.

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Sure, we can move on, but I still wonder why you keep using a term that we've established has no meaning and then also adding the adjective "perfectly" to it?

"Perfectly complete"

Sorry, no idea what that means.

23. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Somehow I don’t think the storm would have been quite as severe, if I hadn’t responded.
    These guys seem to have it in for me.

But I could be wrong.
    Sorry mate. My intellectual capacity does not allow me to picture the car you describe. You’ll need to simplify it.
    Nobody said it did.
    It only needs to be complete.
    Probably not. Some folks like only need it to function correctly.
    Is this related to the first portion of the response?
    I’m not sure how you could know that.
    Maybe you can give a simple explanation.
    I’m fairly certain you make a good point, but unfortunately you need to dumb it down for me, so I can really picture what you’re saying.
    You need to break down why asserting God to be perfect equates to God does not exist.