A World Apart....

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by jlabrec, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Absolutely,
    wouldn't a great goal to set be having everyone patriotic for EARTH? Of course, not everyone will ever agree on anything but perhaps an attack from outer space would change that. Seriously, I think if earth was in danger we would all join forces and perhaps realise how petty our political differences are. There might be some stubborn countries but they could easily be bombed into submission or death(whichever came first).
    This relates to this subject as I will tell you now, I think we can all agree that what america wants to be is better than what iraq wants to be. The iraqi's would agree that freedom is good, and dictatorship sucks(unless you were asking a dictator), shouldn't we just kill everyone who disagrees and start the slow process of becoming one big military force named earth?
    Not attacking iraq is prolonging this procedure, which is a bad thing. If you think america should just allow iraq to be iraq then you are happy being a divided and bitter planet. There will ALWAYS be unnecasarry conflict as long as "baddies" are around, why not get it over with?
    You may say I'm a dreamer

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

but the world CAN live as one, the only downside(and thats a matter of opinion) is that alot of killing would have to take place first.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neville Registered Senior Member

Yeah true jlabrec! I think the attention has turned to why has it happened i.e. why does a group hate America so badly? It must have done something becuase things like that don't happen for no reason! America has sold arms to ISrael (i believe) but i think they though they were beyond the reach of a 3rd world country. The irony is that America has taught the terrorists the skills they know! Whether this is in the terrorists country for fighting neighbouring countries or in America: where 1/some of the terrorist pilots involved in 9/11 were taught to fly and had considerable recorded flying time!

Dr Lou Natic. Have you been watching 'Dressed to Kill' By Eddie izzard?? lol. I agree. i would like to see this too however i think there would be 'disadvantages'. To give 3rd world countries equality, or even a start, would mean a rise in the cost of certain things such as trainers (3rd world labor is incredibly cheap!), oil (i think an unstable country gives us cheaper oil and this is probably why Arms have been sold to certain countries (Israel): because it will keep oil at a low price, and why America has taught others how to make bombs etc). Anyway basically when prices rise and our (developed countries) standards of living goes down i.e. when we can no longer afford the luxuries that we once could then things will be said. There could even be a risk of developed countries falling (maybe). You may feel now that you can do without the luxuries if lives are being saved and countries are helped onto their feet but would you still think this if you actually experienced this??

Last edited: Mar 7, 2003
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

I'll address these paragraphs in order...

1) Something along those lines seemed obvious.

2) I was NOT impressed by the writing, and it was flowery crap, especially that repetition of "A world apart." It smelled of Nazi propaganda.

3) This one's damn funny.

One additional line of yours:
    "If war must occur to ensure the removal of this threat, then I am for the war."

WAR in order to REMOVE threat of war. Very interesting.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

Why would anyone hate America?

Ever played Monopoly?
    The goal is to be the only one left, with all the money and all the property. A truly American game. Can we say capitalism? Ah yes, seems we found a correlation. And an answer.

8. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Don't you see? the world WOULD be a better place if there was only "one" left. And by one I don't mean america, I'm not even american. By one I mean a group of people from all the different countries who agree in freedom and equality. Some people openly are against these things, why not kill them? Despite the fact death makes you sad, give me a good reason.

9. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

it makes such a mess of the carpet

10. Neville Registered Senior Member

but didn't Britain once 'own' 2/3rd's of the world? And it's an English game (hence it's the streets of london. Slightly irrelevant to your point I know but something that I wanted to point out.

).

Can you tell me what Capitalism in it's purest form is??

11. jlabrec Registered Member

Heh smelled of Nazi propaganda, nice. I'm not sure if I should be offended or commending you for proving the ignorance of today's society.

I wonder what part you've chosen to play in all of this. Are you the person who stands in the back of the room shouting things against those who've chosen to protect you? Perhaps you are the person who was first to spit in the eye of the Vietnam veteran that returned from a fight for someone elses freedoms abroad.

Here's a reality of the US that some people have refused to see:

the US has always been the only country not bent on world domination. We are the only country that puts the lives of our own at risk for the safety, security, and freedom of complete strangers. We are the only country that uses our military might in the defense of these freedoms. If it is the will of our government, then myself and the rest of my armed forces bretheren will answer the call. We will go to this land thounsands of miles away, and give our lives for not just the US, but for all nations that are being threatened by this. Once again, we will fight, alone if necessary to protect the freedoms given by God to all human beings.

The Nazi regime was led by one man bent on genocide of all beings not of direct German descent. This has never been the intention of our government. We are not attempting to wipe out the Iraqi nation. Our single goal is to stop a single man's use of his people, at times against their will, to create and maintain an aresnal of weapons capable of annhiliating great masses of innocent people.

Here's a question a bit off the subject, but in a way it truly brings meaning to this subject. Are any of you, who've answered this post, parents? Why does this matter to me? A parent sees things on a more grand scale, due to the simple fact that they have someone else to think about. I am a parent, and my princess means the world to me. It is her innocense and freedoms that I feel are threatened. That man, or anyone who dares atttempt to take these from my daughter will face the full force of my training.

12. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Pertinent question

Why didn't the US and its allies move into Iraq and topple its government at the end of the Gulf War? Then there needn't have been the crippling sanctions imposed by the US, which have caused the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent children and adults alike, causing world-wide resentment and fuelling the ire and causes of the terror organisations.

Why didn't they topple Sadam and the whole kaboodle and stay on to oversee the establishment of a fairly elected democratic government when they had the chance? When they'd already won the war? Didn't they know he was amassing weapons of mass destruction and that he would continue to do so? Is America (government strategy) so dumb or was there a hidden agenda? One or the other... there is no third option.

I don't think they're dumb... they know exactly what they're doing!

I don't intend to delve too deeply into the reasons, but just think for a moment...

This war and its after effects will cost the US and its allies close to 500 billion dollars! That money is not for the soldiers wages. Consider that money as not actually spent, but actually as turnover and profit for a few corporations... the war outfitters.

How many really major wars have there been since the Gulf? Not many huh? In fact, none! Have new weapons continued to be developed and stockpiled by the US and its allies?
    Yes.
    So what the hell they gonna do with them?

There is even newer technology they can develop with now, but they can't just dump the old weapons, they don't want to sell more than they want to to other countries either. So, what's the solution?

Start a war with a deserving dictator of an oil-rich country who has been given 13 years chance to amass his stockpiles of weapons. As an excuse! Whose people have been completely demoralised by the sanctions imposed on their country and by his style of government. A people ready and eager for someone to take Sadam's place... even a foreigner! As an excuse to save them. Imagine the invader being welcomed... what strategy!

Then of course, the pickings are for the winners... oil revenue alone is said to be worth 60 billion a year! And the arms manufacturers will continue to develop their weapons, chemicals and high tech machines thanks to the 500 billion it cost for the war etc etc. The US/allies will control a vitally strategic location and everybody be happy.

And, in a few years time there'll be another major war (attack) somewhere to get rid of more surplus weapons and to gain control of more resources and reasons for profit.

Its got nothing to do with being good or just. It's all for the dollar!

13. jlabrec Registered Member

I see some still think this is about oil. Well here's a bit of knowledge learned while I was stationed in Kuwait. The Prince of Kuwait is in control of 60% of the EARTH's oil. That's right, I didn't believe it either. He has the rights to the largest oil casche in the world.

Our operations in that region had little to do with oil then. If I'm not mistaken, didn't we liberate the Kuwaiti people from the Iraqi Regime. Now we have an opportunity to liberate the Iraqi people from this same regime.

I suppose we'll have to wait till the first missle(ICBM) strike by opposing forces, to see if what we're doing is worth the risk. I for one, think that genocide or potential genocide are worth any means necessary to prevent.

Perhaps everyone has forgotten the Cold War. It was a situation on similar scale, that never reached conflict; thank God. Two world powers debated, to the point of heated discussion, the disarmament of grand stockpiles of Nuclear weapons. Had but one of us, US or USSR, chose to press the button, how many of us would still be here to debate this current situation?

I understand that few will see things as I do. Perhaps it's possible that I am the one in the wrong. I'll tell you this, I buy Home Owner's, Car, Life, and Health Insurance, for the shear fact of its better to have and not need, then to need and not have. The same can be simply said of this situation, its better to stop a potential threat to humanity, then to wait for it to stop humanity.

14. jlabrec Registered Member

It was not out objective at that time. The freedom of the Kuwaiti people was our primary objective. I believe the we did not have all the facts at that time on Sadam. He gave up, once we had our entire force parked right outside of Baghdad. That day began his thirteen years of deception to the UN and the rest of the world.

Our objective was not to end him, or remove him from power. Certainly some agreed that we should have ended him there and then. Ask anyone who served during Persian Gulf Conflict, and they'll tell you they were ready to see the end of Sadam. Heh, most were ready to march into his estate and pull the trigger themselves.

This man killed his own people. What sort of leader is that, I'm not certain Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, or any other of the historical warlords were that way, unless they were opposed by their own. Sadam dropped SCUDs in his own backyard, killing innocent people for nothing more than they were in the wrong place at the wrong time....

15. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

First I'll answer your question, "why not kill them?".... because they have the FREEDOM to believe what they want.

Now, as for the rest...

If you think about it "equality" in it's purest sense can never truly exist. Just by eating the food I eat I make a judgement call on it. I like my food more than your food. And vice versa. Now, people want to make their lives easier. So, you encourage people to make YOUR kind of food. I do the opposite. Even in simple decisions such as this, we affect equality. A vegetarian does not have the equality of a carnivore in this sense. But, since there are more carnivores (in america) they are better off. It's a battle. We battle each other just by making decisions.

16. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

Jlabrec....
    It's useless to argue with someone whose arguments show one thing but hesh THINKS it shows another.

Neville...
    Anarchy

17. jlabrec Registered Member

Here's something to think about. Its a dream I had some three weeks ago, following a phone call from a local recruiter, in regards to my possible call up.

...I returned to the service of my country. Pleased to once again be working in my field of expertiese(telecommunications), I cared little for the possible threat to myself.

I found it odd that I was not sent to Kuwait, Afgahnistan, or any other forward deployed location. I was sent to Seoul, South Korea. Where I was to be stationed in Tango Tech Control. I arrived and had enough time to unpack before being called to shift duty that evening. While at work that night our comms network went nuts. We recieved reports that North Korea was now advancing south. It was at this time that I recieved word that the war with Iraq had begun. Germany and France refused to aid the US allied forces. In fact, they amassed a force and were making way for the US.

Hmmm... this could be a most ugly situation. I pray I'm wrong.

18. Weiser_Dub Registered Senior Member

Jlabrec, that last post was the most sensible one you've had all thread. I applaud thee. Keep up the good work.

19. jlabrec Registered Member

I still find it interresting, that everyone avoided my question of whether or not any of those posting are parents. Heh, I'm beginning to think that I have my answer.

I'm so pleased that my last post was acceptable. Though to be honest, I could care less if you found the others worthless to your meager cause. Heh, I am certain you don't have the backbone to defend anything you say with more than another comment.

Heh, look at me, I've become one of you. I am now simply resorting to saying rude things to those who don't agree with me. How drab. No... I won't allow myself to continue this foolish behavior, for I am a parent. I have a daughter to think about. If any opinion of me in the world matters most, it is that of my own flesh and blood. In an attempt to remain more as myself; Weiser, please forgive my last comment. It was blatantly unnecessary.

20. Neville Registered Senior Member

Sorry! I was in a rush and was trying to reply to two threads at once. Thats why the reply got mixed up.