A Theory to the Destructive Nature of the Current World Order

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by serenesam, Jan 16, 2011.

1. serenesam Registered Senior Member

Who are you to make a command and dictate rules?

Hah! got you! You are making an assumption. You honestly think I am seeking attention from people? I don't care if people read them or not - I just post them - writing is something I enjoy -

"The writer, like a swimmer caught by an undertow, is borne in an unexpected direction. He is carried to a subject which has awaited him—a subject sometimes no part of his conscious plan. Reality, the reality of sensation, has accumulated where it was least sought. To write is to be captured—captured by some experience to which one may have given hardly a thought." - Elizabeth Bowen

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Thats just as well...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Archaeoraptor Registered Senior Member

Cool story bro

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

Agreed, I stopped reading after the first three lines.

8. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

* * * * NOTE FROM A MODERATOR * * * *

This is a place of science and scholarship so we encourage using words in their proper scientific sense. We all understand that the word "theory" has various meanings: in mathematics, a hypothesis which has been proven absolutely true; in police work, a promising hypothesis; in casual speech, a hunch. But in science, a theory is a hypothesis that has been proven true beyond a reasonable doubt. (Notwithstanding abuse of the word, by scientists who should know better, in such constructions as "String Theory," which only demonstrates my complaint that scientists are lousy communicators.)

So what you have is a model, an assertion, perhaps even a hypothesis. But it is not a theory by the rules of science.
    He is not dictating the rules, merely reminding you of them. Please try to abide.
    I make a living as a writer and editor. The purpose of written language, like all language, is communication. To write something and not care if anyone reads it is to not communicate very well and, therefore, to not really be very much of a writer after all.

That, of course, is your prerogative. As I recently reminded our members in another thread, more Americans write poetry than read it. So perhaps there is some catharsis in spending time creating something that will fall into a vacuum. Probably a zen thing.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

However, there are rules for the use of this particular "writing space." One of them is that the OP (opening post) in a thread is supposed to stimulate discussion. We are not crazy homeless people standing on a street corner, shouting into the wind words that will not be listened to or answered. We are a community, and members of a community communicate with each other. Both words, "community" and "communicate," are from the Latin word for "share."

Please share. This is not your private diary or a vanity publishing website.

Thanks!

9. serenesam Registered Senior Member

I only wished you would have acted on a more "timely" matter instead of waiting a month to post this.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. serenesam Registered Senior Member

That is one month from my OP.

11. serenesam Registered Senior Member

Gosh, I must be good!

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Sorry, but this isn't even my own board. I just happened to cruise through and saw the comment by jmpet and your response. I felt obliged to remind everyone that jmpet was correct.

No harm done. Please just remember this in the future. These threads are supposed to be discussions.

13. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Serensam,
    in your division of motivators into two categories and two further sub-categories you completely ignore, as far as I can see, the concepts of Maslow and Hertzberg. At the very least you should have clearly stipulated in your essay why you were disregsarding them. Woudl you agree?

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Why are you all complaining about this thread?, do you guys have the reading speed of a 6 year old?

It took me less than 2 mins to read the entire OP you have to be joking, or maybe you attack the poster because you can't attack the post content huh?

Peace

15. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I am questioning the content and not complaining about the thread. Would you like to apologise?

War.