A solution to child rape

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by MetaKron, Dec 15, 2007.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Actually out of the 70,000 or so people not a single one has been convicted of any crime. So no one can claim they are terrorists.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

In the cycle of violence it doesn't matter who started it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Thank you, Sam. That's a lot worse than I thought it was.

To me it matters a lot more how I behave than how "they" behave.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kadark Banned Banned

It isn't limited to child molestation; nearly all crimes are substantially lower when juxtaposed to other nations/societies. Why is the crime low? It's a very basic tenet of human nature. You don't do something deemed wrong if you know there will be severe repercussions.

When you touch a hot stove, what is it that makes you take great caution the next time around? The fear of being burned.

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

You can't compare the two. The criminal chose to commit his heinous acts, and you are merely punishing him for it. It isn't the same there, because you aren't doing it to an innocent person, you're doing it to a disgusting child rapist.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You don't stay in Syria.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And I do not think there would be much instances of child molestation in Syria either.

I bet there children can go about unsupervised.

10. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

In Guantanamo Bay? Surely you don't mean Syria, for two reasons:

1) innocent people wouldn't need to be tortured for information, because they could just say it

2) the CIA and Syria don't have a great relationship.

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Yes, but I visit quite often and grew up there, and have lived there. Anything else you want to add?

There are not much instances of crime there, and unlike in the US you can walk the streets without worrying if someone is going to rob you or rape you. I can head down the street and buy a coke at 2 AM (assuming the store is open) without worrying about being mugged.

12. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Anyone who would molest a child knowing what they face in this society isn't thinking. There are actually pedophiles who won't touch a child because they know what happens to the child, not just what the pedophile does but because of the penalties that the child suffers from other people.

I want the thinking and the use of the alternative to be as automatic as breathing. When you want to do THIS, do THAT instead. It would also help to train the people involved how to do it right when they are not under the gun.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I think there are many more factors at play than brutality. The social system in the ME is not geared towards increasing crime. Criminals are not abandoned or discarded by the family or society. The solutions to crimes are focused more on resolving the issue than retribution to the criminal. e.g. if the victim forgives the criminal, no punishment is given (at least in Saudi Arabia, I don't know about other places).

14. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Or because a lot of crime goes unreported because it is done to people who are beneath the notice of the law?

15. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

And my idea basically builds on yours: when you want to do THIS, don't do it. And if you do, THAT will happen.

16. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

And yet the actual behavior looks like that of a sadistic goon. It even works the same.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't know if the US has sent people to Syria, I am talking in general. And you don't know what politicians would do. But no, not one of those people has been convicted.

18. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Nah, it's cause there isn't alot of crime, believe me. Even Lebanon has a considerably low crime rate compared to the US. Ah, who am I kidding, they have a FAR lower crime rate compared to the US. And Beirut's a great place to live, like Damascus.

19. Kadark Banned Banned

Really? I thought the Middle East was the place that usually executed criminals at very high levels. My mistake.

Do you know what you're talking about? Besides, you haven't offered any of your own unique solutions to counter such crime (assuming you consider rape/murder a crime, which this thread would not indicate).

20. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

So you have an urge, and you do nothing with it because your life is threatened by strangers who give you nothing in return except that they decide not to kill you today.

It's a lot better to simply have an outlet for those urges that is not criminalized.

21. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Then that is a different issue. Look, my suggestion applies only to CONVICTED CRIMINALS.

22. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Isn't Lebanon one of the major sources of exploding people?

23. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Apples and oranges, classic post hoc fallacy.