A solution to child rape

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by MetaKron, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Kadark Banned Banned

You don't treat uncivilized people with civility. You give to them what they gave to others.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Where do you get this stuff? I only stated, that a well-armed police force with the authorization to use deadly force and punishments to be brutal would effectively reduce, if not stop, crime, ESPECIALLY compared to the American system of policing. How is that a "vicious regime". That is far more civilized than a disgusting pedophile raping an innocent child against their will and scarring them for life in tragedy!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No my dear Kadark, it does not. Where does it work? The most severely retributional societies have the most violent crimes.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Those words.....deserved to be quoted, indeed well said!

8. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

You should look at the works of Wilhelm Reich, particularly The Function of the Orgasm and The Cancer Biopathy. The roots are easy to trace if someone bothers to do them, sort of like bothering to do the math. It is also rooted in a mental negativity against everything that is rooted in seeing a lot of evil in small evils.

I don't want to deal with teenage or younger sex at all, and I would love to get away from having it shoved in my face. I would especially love to get away from having it used as an excuse to screw with me and others, and I would like to be free of the worry that a false accusation might be leveled and the next thing I'm minus a job, my sanity, and maybe my home.

9. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

And who's judgement will you trust? In the heat of the moment, could you make a mistake?

And we're talking about child-rape here. Are you suggesting that a police force would be able to catch the criminal in the act?

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So your solution to a crime is to become the same as the criminal.

11. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

The public gets on best by embracing the actions that are life-affirming, that are within civilized bounds, that are constructive, and so on. This is how a lot of the violence has already been solved. We will have more violence if we return to solutions to social problems that involve violence. Upside-down thinking has led people to believe that violence does anything except cause more violence.

12. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Really? Give me an example. We all know Syria is a beautiful country, and has a fascinating history. The people are nice, the weather is fair, Latakia has plenty of ocean and beach resorts and Damascus is beautiful in it's antiquity. Tourists come from all over to admire that, and there are carnivals and fairs (I remember one not far from my house would come every year).

Yet........crime is so low. Why is that? Because we know how to stop criminals.

13. Kadark Banned Banned

Post #48.

Anything you'd like to add?

Thanks, Norse. You need to PM me sometime.

14. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

There are so many unstated assumptions here, I hardly know where to begin. Nations are composed of people, and as such, they generally reflect human psychology. In the aftermath of WW-1, the urge to punish Germany overrode the good judgment of the victorious nations, and very punitive terms were forced on Germany. This punishment made Germany susceptible to fascism, and was at least partly responsible for WW-2. We learned better, and actually rebuilt the nation of Germany in the aftermath of WW-2, rather than let our urge for revenge lead to another war in the future.

Though we seem to have learned better than to treat nations this way, we still feel that this is the best way to make individuals behave. The idea refuses to die, in spite of all of the evidence to the contrary. The urge to punish is very strong in humans, and we seem to favor things that bring suffering on those who we dislike. Christians who get dreamy eyed while thinking about non-believers suffering an eternity of torment in hell come to mind. "Laugh at me now, but hee hee, I'll get my revenge!"

http://www.edge.org/q2006/q06_9.html

15. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Like I said, the only thing that should be done with such a police force is to kill them down to the last person.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm so where do you stay?

17. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Syria is one of the countries that the CIA sends innocent people to to be tortured for information that they do not have.

18. Kadark Banned Banned

Who cast the first stone?

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, because the police force would take EXTREME caution. As I said, only the most plain and open criminals. For all others, an effective chase would do. It all centers around arming and permitting the police to do their job.

As for catching a molester.....it would be tough and the child would be at risk, so such a strategy wouldn't work. But I guarantee you people would be alot more worried and think twice when they know that the police will toast their ass if they are caught.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Crime is reduced in the ME? Child molestation is, but its not because of any punishment. In fact, your example of the ME is an excellent one for what I am thinking.

Why do you think child molestation is so low in the ME? Why are children not sexualised there?

21. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Do they? I wasn't aware. They get enough at Guantanamo Bay, though, don't they? And innocent people wouldn't need to be tortured for information: so if they send anyone, it's terrorists and they DESERVE to be tortured.

22. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

REPO Man, consider how responsibility might be taught. Thrashing a child may teach a child not to do one thing, but then were do skills come from? Beat a person enough and they don't understand anymore the reason why they should care for themselves. I taught myself that staying away from drugs, alcohol, violence, and of course crime was a good way to take care of myself. Now if I had only taken care of my money, which is a skill that can be taught. I wasn't taught that skill.

23. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Latakia and Damascus but Latakia is my home city and I love it beautiful too....would you like some pics? Anything else you would like to add? Perhaps a video on how good life is in Syria and how beautiful?

Yet murder, robbery, etc is very low now why is that?