A really hard question on Satan and deception.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Greatest I am, Oct 19, 2011.

1. kx000 Valued Senior Member

God knows everything, he is one smart cookie. He does not know everything because some spirit told him, as he is the creator of the holy spirit. God has seen the end, he knows the exact hour of the end. He does not force his will on to us because it does not mater what we do, we will meet the end, and some will burn its that simple. One poster was called simplistic just now, but he is certainly on the right track. Serpent boy said he wasn't being helpful, but again, I warn, it is you faultfinders fallinf further and further from the truth.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Not one word of which explains how your two claims weren't mutually exclusive.

Yeah, more unsubstantiated claims...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Jesus Christ. God is omniscent, we have free will. We do what we want, God knows, and sees everything, how is that mutally exclusive what so ever?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

As previously shown:

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2842317&postcount=20

You're still wrong.
    And you still haven't explained.
    A repeated claim is a still a claim, not explanation, nor support.

8. kx000 Valued Senior Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. NOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO You are WRONG. Are choices are all already made, but they are not decided for us. They are known by God, he does not tell them to anyone. As they say, theres a reason we play the game.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

And you're ignorant.

If they're already made then we don't actually choose.

he doesn't have to tell them to anyone. If it's KNOWN what we will do then we don't actually have a choice.

Still failing to support your claim.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Nope. Alpha and Omega mean begging and the end not greatest love and greatest hate.

Jesus and the God of the OT are One and the same. The OT showed His uncompromising standards and his uncompromising justice. The NT Showed the Way for salvation to those who could not live up to His standards.

Jesus said:
    Matthew 23
    37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing!

Who sent the prophets? Who wanted to Gather them like a hen gathers her chicks under her wings? Why the God of Abraham did, Jesus.

The people who claim that the NT has no uncompromising justice in it should have a read of the Book of Revelation. Those people are in denail to the extreme.

NT:
    Revelation 19
    13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Who is the Word of God? Who is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords? Jesus is, that’s who.

And:

Revelation 6
    16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!

Who is the Lamb of God? Yep, it's Jesus.

Maybe in the eyes of people who want to conform God into the image of god that they want to exist.

It's called an all round view of God, not distorted one dimensional view that seeks to deny major facets of God, They only end up with a view of a god that does not exist.

There is only One God. Back to your dualism again i see.

Reading it as You do. Is only that.. Reading it as You do.

Only when God allows you to read it as He wills it to be read can anyone have hope of coming to any true wisdom about God.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

12. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Not if the atoning death was always part of the plan for forgiveness. And i believe it always was.

13. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Ok.
    If you want to believe that God always planed to have his son murdered when there was no need to, then by all means do.

You did not refute that that was insane so it seems that you know how insane that would be.

Regards
    DL

14. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Psalm 94
    11 The LORD knows the thoughts of man,
    That they are futile.

Isaiah 55
    8 “ For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
    Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.
    9 “ For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    So are My ways higher than your ways,
    And My thoughts than your thoughts.

1 Corinthians 1
    18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“ I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
    And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

15. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

How pathetic to not be able to refute and thump away uselessly.

Regards
    DL

16. Pineal Banned Banned

But this does not stop you from thinking and responding to people and thinking you know how they should think and your explaining why this is true and that is not and how most Christians, even, are wrong. You have no problem with thinking, until it is thinking you dislike, then you come out with this kind of argument.

You quotes only leave room for scripture, but your thoughts go beyond scripture in your participation here and your interpretation of scripture is not the same as the interpretations of other Christians - and Jews - all of whom, like you,

ARE THINKING and holding your own thinking to be the best thinking.

17. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Of course i think the thoughts i have are the best because i believe i am guided by God in my thoughts.

You will have to show where my thoughts go beyond scripture, if you cannot then your statement is worth nothing.

As for jews they are not Christians so of course their views are different, why do you even mention them.

As for christians i have shown by the Word of God that most of them are false not believing Jesus at all.

You don't like me standing firm on beliefs? You want everyone to be wishy washy believe nothing, stand up for nothing, good for nothings? Sorry I BELIEVE SOMETHING and I WILL STAND UP FOR IT.

So if you believe something stand up for it. If you don't want to stand up for anything then don't waste my time with the stuff you posted above.