A question about .bin files

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by mgwisni, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgwisni Registered Member

What do you do with them? I believe they are supposed to be burned to cd's, but if I'm wrong, please correct me.

If my first assumptions is right, then what do I do if the .bin file I want to burn is bigger than 750Mb, the max storage on my cd-r?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

A lot of CD's now are made to be able to burn 800 megs or more, and many can (though it isnt always recommended) allow you to overburn. Overburning is exactly what it seems to be, it allows you to overburn a CD and put more data on there and it's still readable. cdrecord utility in *nix allows you to do this, as does Nero for Windows.

-AntonK

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mgwisni Registered Member

alright, thanks

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DCLXVI Bloody Bastard Registered Senior Member

daemon-tools is a utility that allows you to mount cd images without having to burn them to a disk.

8. grazzhoppa yawwn Valued Senior Member

I've burned quite a few .bin files that were over 700mb on a 700mb CDr. I used Nero 5.* and used the default settings for burning a cd. If there was theoretically not enough room on the CD, Nero would ask me to finalize a disk so it could fit all the data. That's all it took.

9. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

What do you do with them?

just burn them with nero or cdrwin ! there is a button in nero , called "burn image" --- but you need the .cue that normally belongs to the .bin file , or you have to make some settings

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

also you could just extract the .bin with isobuster , and burn the containing files as iso
    a third way could be , like mentioned , daemon tools
    and finally , if there is a movie in the .bin , you can simply watch the .bin file with the help of VLC ( video lan client )

If my first assumptions is right, then what do I do if the .bin file I want to burn is bigger than 750Mb, the max storage on my cd-r?

no prob , you have 2 different modes , and in mode2 you can burn 840mb on a 700 mb cd-r ( without overburning )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.