A ? of force.

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by theorist-constant12345, Dec 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

After watching the slow motion guys on you tube, I came across a slow motion experiment showing a Melon being put under contracting centripetal force by the use of elastic bands.

Me being me, I was not observing just the slow motion, but observing the entire Physical process of what was happening. In the video we can clearly see the applied force increase by greater amount of elastic bands causing a centripetal pressure, contracting the equator of the melon by the elastic bands.

The contraction eventually causing enough force, to implode the Melon, making an outwards burst effect.

My instant thought was the Big bang and the expansion of the Universe. The big bang is not really thought of has an explosion.

My other thoughtful concern was the Earth, and the amount of space dust, the Earth receives from space, and that like the bands, the space dust adds volume to our surface, making a greater density and force applied centripetally causing in affect a greater intensity of pressure inside the Earth's core.

Are we going to implode like the Melon?

Attached Files:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

You misused the words centripetal, pressure and implode, so no.

Was this a joke or a drunk-post?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Amar Nath Reu Be your own guru Registered Senior Member

The question is whether something like this happened in the universe? But what would force a ball of energy at its equator making it to explode?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Please do not post this type of absurd musings in the science section.

8. Amar Nath Reu Be your own guru Registered Senior Member

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

It ISN'T being being put under ANY "centripetal force".

You being you means you didn't have a clue as to what was going on and therefore completely misconstrued and misapplied anything you saw.

This is best suited for the Cesspool than Physics and Maths.
    Reported.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  10. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

No problems troll, report away, anyone can see this is science, and is titled with a question, so if you do not know the answers do not reply thanks.

''You misused the words centripetal, pressure and implode, so no.''

I did not.

Centripetal is inwards force, the elastic bands , cause a ''centripetal compression'' of the Melon, do you disagree with this?

This makes an inwards pressure along the circumference of applied force. We can clearly see this if we change the Melon to a balloon.

11. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Learn to quote correctly: those weren't my words.

Of course I disagree with this.
    Since there's no rotary motion involved there's no velocity to cause a centripetal force. Go [back] to school.

And that force would be TENSION in the elastic bands, not "centripetal force".

No.
    Surprisingly, the melon remains a melon. It doesn't, in any of the video that I saw, turn into a balloon at any stage.

12. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

You do not need rotary motion to have centripetal force.

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Oh look, another made up "scientific fact" from you.
    Citation needed.
    As pointed out, the force involved is tension in the elastic bands.
    Is this along the lines of you being sure I have my facts wrong and claiming, incorrectly, that less gravity = slower clocks?
    (And I note that you failed, entirely, to acknowledge you were in error on that too...)

14. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

The tension involved causes isotropic centripetal force around the circumference of tension applied to the matter being compressed. The tension of the bands is not the process of the density reaction of the melon to the pressure. The reaction of the Melon is for its molecules to compress centripetal to the force, causing the circular plain to implode, exchanging the force to outwards, North and South to respective position of the bands.

P.s -respective of the clocks, it does not matter which way a round the dilation is, my use of the constant of c , to time, over rules the time dilation garbage.

15. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Word salad.
    No citation provided, just nonsensical waffle.

16. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

No citation required , why would a new question or a new idea need to refer to an old idea?
    I understand you are saying a curved path, by motion, so what would you call an Isotropic inward force?

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Oh, so NOW you're redefining words that have, to scientists, a perfectly understood meaning?

Your "new idea" has no merit.

18. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Wait, so you really are serious and sober about this?! Yikes, I hope you can break out of this path you are on, because making crap up as you go along instead of learning reality is a bad formula for success in life.

19. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Maybe if I just answer the question, this garbage can end:
    No*.

Thread over.

*Disclaimer: my responding to the question shall not constitute endorsement of the validity of its word use.

20. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Um, yes it does.
    And you were wrong. Several times.
    And too lazy, or arrogant, to bother to check.

Since your "theories" are unsupported un- (mostly anti-) scientific rubbish your claims "over rule" nothing.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Correction!!
    He has no theory, and never has. All he has is what at best can be described as speculative crap, that all contradict present observed natures of realities.
    This particular thread, is just his arrogant attempt to show that he has the right to say what he likes and think what he likes.
    As I have informed him a number of times, he wears that as his badge of honour, and takes no notice of how stupid and irrational his claims are.
    They are part and parcel of why he has been banned elsewhere.
    Like all his other childish, nonsensical, logic defying claims, this will end up at pseudoscience or cesspool in time.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

This... thread... just...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

*ahem* Sorry...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centripetal_force

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

That is Centripetal Force:

The video shows zero centripetal force... period...

23. theorist-constant12345 Banned Banned

The lack of knowledge by forum members and the ability to answer simple questions is astonishing.

I will ask again, if it is not centripetal force being imposed inwards by the elastic bands , then what force is it?

The elastic bands add inward force to the Melon, the molecules of the melon are contracting inwards to make a greater intensity of force on the Circulars Plain center of mass, you are not this clueless surely?

P.s - gravity is centripetal force, gravity is not based by rotation qualities.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.