A Non-Black Ghetto

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by alexb123, Jul 22, 2013.

1. arauca Banned Banned

In this country we have the so called resist problem , because we treat certain segment of the population with kids glows.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm so sure that's what African-Americans feel, that they are treated with excessive respect and deference.[/sarcasm]

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. arauca Banned Banned

Affirmative action , If you go to college even your grade will be lower you get an entrance , That happen to my son ( medical school entrance ) Government jobs ete. ete. ete.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So your solution to 400 years of racial discrimination is to do nothing except tell black people that they are lazy?

8. arauca Banned Banned

Come on with the bull 400 years If any is 165 years and how long are you to drag that . From 1865 the emancipation to bull to Martin Luther 100 years of crying . Lets stop playing the Hebrew game for 3300 years remembering the slaving in Egypt.

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

In the US we have had many ethnic slums with high crime rates - from Chinese to Irish to Blackfoot. My guess is that worldwide there are more yellow people living in horrible slums right now than black, and they too committing most of their crimes against "each other".
    Why are you referring to entire cities full of individual and unrelated folks as "its own people"? Do you regard Londoner on Londoner crime as a population turning on its own people? How about Romanian on Romanian crime?

Not always. On the one hand we have the social breakdown on some of the red ghettos (reservations) in America where destruction of community has been severe enough, on the other we have the good social order created and maintained among the escaped slave communities across the Americas where blacks had a free hand and no whites around.

Blacks in the US were not discriminated against as a community but as a skin color, and they were not originally a community anyway (they were captured from various quite different peoples, and violently prevented from forming even friendships and families let alone communities for hundreds of years).

That's whence the term "African-American" for the descendents of slaves, named after a continent, rather than "Irish-American" or "Yoruban-American" after an ethnic heritage or community. It's because if your ancestors were slaves, your ethnic heritage and ancestral community were destroyed, vanished, long ago. There was no such thing as "keeping" a social order among the enslaved blacks in the US.
    You are posting in deep ignorance of Haiti's history, even recent events.

Compare Cuba with Haiti, say, or Belize, or Uruguay, for better comprehension of what happened to Haiti.

You are posting in deep ignorance of US history, even recent events. Example: The US Steel mines and plants in Alabama and neighboring states were worked by forced labor - captured blacks from the neighboring towns and cities - until long after WWII. Example: sundown towns were common across the US until quite recently - I saw a sign for one in Missouri just a couple years ago, although I didn't drive over; it may have been a relic (ghost town). Example: the introduction of crack cocaine into the black ghettos of LA by white Americans. It's been ugly, this systematic destruction of family and community and social order among black Americans. It would be very surprising if it had no effects on its targeted people.

No. The collapse came at the hands of General Motors et al, and it was white crime not flight.

Side note: That wasn't a misreading, that was the reading - the only possible caveat is that it may have been only compound interest that was banned, with reasonable simple interest allowed, but the writers of the Koran (from the same general tradition, much later and more economically modern) said specifically no to that.

The modern interpretation is the dubious one, overturning hundreds of years of accepted dogma rooted in the very beginnings of the Christian Church.

11. arauca Banned Banned

I don't know what you mean by that

12. Bells Staff Member

So you are informing us that firstly, you have been in the US for 54 years and you still cannot write properly, something I consider to be very lazy.

And that African American's work in public or Government jobs? And? Or do you expect them and want them to work solely in menial labour and that they do not, you consider the whole race to be lazy?

The level of your racism is astounding, to the point where you even stereotype about what food they eat.

Racist like you?

They get offended because of the attitude of some (ie, people like you, for example) when that word was used to address them.

Of course, you would consider it nice to have a variety of ghetto's where non-whites live in poverty and are able to scrape a living by selling people like you cheap food.

As long as racists like you continue to treat them like second class citizens.

13. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Bells makes some valid points.
    I mentioned earlier in this thread, that I hoped it wouldn't turn into a quasi rant for some of you over the "problems" of the African American community. Alas, it did.

I won't direct this at anyone person for I don't care for that "calling out" method. But, I will just leave this here.
    There's an old saying...until you have walked a mile in someone's shoes, don't judge him/her.
    And I will add that compassion goes a long way.

This is why this world is messed up. Not because of the ghettos and ethnic "splits."
    But because we don't spread enough compassion.

FWIW, my two cents.

Edit to add; I just read the entire thread and I'm saddened. This is a microcosm of why race/racism became a focal point of the George Zimmerman trial. :/

14. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Many ghettos are formed because of monetary imbalances within the area that is called a ghetto. Economic distress causes many problems within any community and therefor that issue should be addressed as the primary thing to be fixed. Without a sound economic foundation no community can ever be stabilized as we see in Detroit and other cities mentioned.

The biggest problem is that those who are charge of the communities are they themselves corrupt and only make a bad situation worse. Only the Federal government stepping in can be able to at least try and right the wrong in these communities or if not ghettos will only get bigger and crime will grow.

15. arauca Banned Banned

To earn proper citizen you have to work for it and conform to the majority, and there are among them who are working on it and succeeding

16. arauca Banned Banned

17. arauca Banned Banned

In my time the government have provided housing , just about free , It did not solve the problem , after a few years they had to tear them down , and then force this people into stable comunity then the community degrade , and white folks move out to the suburbs . After ward it becomes a new ghetto, and the cycle goes on and on.

18. Bells Staff Member

This makes no sense.

Conform to what majority? Unless of course you expect them to 'act white'?

Racial stratification continues to occur in employment, housing, education, lending, and government.

Many people in the U.S. continue to have some prejudices against other races.[4][5][6] In the view of the US Human Rights Network, a network of scores of US civil rights and human rights organizations, "Discrimination permeates all aspects of life in the United States, and extends to all communities of color"

Firstly, I don't tell racist freaks like you on the internet where I live.

Secondly, your racism continues. Have you considered the employment prospects of African Americans today in the US?

Did you consider that in the 90's, for example, African American farmers were denied the right to loans that white farmers had access to?

Of course you haven't. Instead, you prefer to be a part of the racist cycle and thus, a part of the problem.

A word of warning to you Arauca, I will not tolerate racism in this sub-forum. Your continued stereotyping and racism stops here or I will moderate you.

19. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Nonsense. There was no time in America in which black people were able to form communities of their home culture from their specific area or tribe in Africa, until long after WWII. Their enslavement destroyed all that. The voluntary immigration of blacks from Africa was nearly zero until quite recently. You wondered why other races and ethnicities kept their social order - it's because they were not enslaved and their social order was not deliberately destroyed.

People whose cultures and social orders were damaged to a degree comparable with the African enslavements, such as many of the red tribes, show similar signs of social breakdown, and have had similar difficulties and problems.

You can Google the history of Haiti for yourself. Compare with Cuba.

Start here: http://www.slaverybyanothername.com/

20. arauca Banned Banned

And finally you, I see the give you some power , and you are threatening me. If I don't play your way you will take away the marbles, How low can you get ?

21. Layman Totally Internally Reflected Valued Senior Member

I knew whites where becoming a minority. I don't think "white flight" had much to do with it. I grew up in a part of town that people called the ghetto but the population was mostly Hispanic. A lot of people moved away from the town and my family moved out of that neighborhood. It still seems to be a thriving community, and a lot of the homes there have been remodeled since they where older and mostly made from wood. I think there has been more renovations there that any other part of town.

I find it odd that they could make a magazine called The New Black Magazine and that wouldn't be considered racist. What if they made a magazine called, The New White Magazine? That would be totally racist. Then they have Black Entertainment Television, what if they had White Entertainment Television? Just by changing the word from black to white, you have change the meaning of the phrase from something being helpful to a target community, to something that then is prejudice and wants to hurt a target community. Or what would it mean if they had thought they should have a White History Month in addition to Black History Month?

22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Your parallel is false: black is a relevant ethnicity, because of the common history and current experience of oppression. White people have no such common history or special designation as a group in the US - to be equivalent to "black" you would be looking for something like "Irish History Month", and then that would not be racist either.

You err in stacking the racial terms against each other as equivalent kinds of labels.

Secondly, there is a target community there, and it is not the white one. As the white community is not targeted, and its history and so forth are the norm, when you talk about "white history month", you are talking about any of the months not otherwise taken - all the rest of the months. Similarly, "white entertainment television" is just television, not a special category but the whole thing other than the specialty stuff.

23. Layman Totally Internally Reflected Valued Senior Member

I didn't know there was an Irish History Month. I don't even know anything about Irish history, and I am of Irish decent. I don't think they would be equivalent. I think it would be more about pride than it would be from oppression.
    Wouldn't that imply some need for segregation? Why can't people learn about white and black people year round? They have white and black people on every channel, so then why do we need one for blacks? To me it seems like we have segregation to this day that has become socially acceptable and is a form of segregation that is not considered a form of racism. I don't think it would be safe to assume that some forms of segregation are okay and that does not always imply racism.