A new approach to mental illness

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Quantum Quack, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Abnak Registered Senior Member

"Abnak, there is no where for you to hide..... You have no defense against me....."

-Quack

------------------

The desire to protect ones family is irrational ?
    What have you become , "Aussie" ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Abnak what is your agenda..?....the full quote is stated below....Now I ask you...the same question....What have you become????

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Abnak Registered Senior Member

"Abnak what is your agenda..?"

Agenda ? I don't think I really have an agenda . I only desire the truth .

The truth presently is , psychiatry has become an insidious amalgamation of dishonourable persons who seek to propel themselves towards advancement and fatten their wallet at the detriment of others .

Psychiatry and its related mutant inbred bed fellow , psychology , have invaded our legal systems , our schools , the media , even our bedrooms - to rape and control .

....and what , I'm supposed to capitulate to liars and drug pushers ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

8. Abnak Registered Senior Member

The name of the doctor that encouraged a child to believe that evil spirits were in her body , gave her powerful medications and sought to profit from this repulsive experiment is - Dr. Lee Aik Hoe

The name of the person who participated with law enforcement and the University of Pennsylvania Psychology Dept to harass and extort individuals in their homes with hidden cameras is - "Dr." Barbara Cohen

The person who hopes to encourage delusional potentialities is distressed individuals , is someone calling himself - Quantum Quack

9. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Well Abnak I suppose you will honour us with a description of how you would help these unfortunate persons?

Or would you prefer to maintain the status-quo of abuse that you are so keen on reporting?

What would you do if confronted with a homocidally inclined knife weilding lunatic?

10. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

or if your wife attempted suicide every three days or so?
    What method of treatment would you suggest?

11. Abnak Registered Senior Member

As for the "knife weilding lunatic" ...if this person was an immediate threat to me or my family , I would shoot to kill . Aussies no longer have this ability , for their country has become a nanny state .

12. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

so instead of giving the girl who was told she is possessed by evil spirits "powerful medications" you would shoot her.
    sounds like your form of treatment is as bad as the one she is getting.....

and you have not answered the question about a suicidal wife?

Are you going to shoot her too??

13. Abnak Registered Senior Member

Very strange post QQ , yet typical of supposed mental health professionals . Convolve and extend - towards a deliberately fictitious spectrum .

-----------------------------

Pheromones...? Now you're talking about real stimuli .
    Exceptional exteroception does not equal schizophrenia

14. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

a typical evasive answer to a specific scenario....... convolove and extend towards a deliberate evasion of the issue.

"exceptional exteroception does not equal schizophrenia".....and yet you refuse to accept that schizophrenia exists. And yet claim that pheromones do not play a part.

Abnak I am not a mental health professional.......

What do you do to a wife who is thinking of a murder suicide....and wants to take her children and her husband with her......?

Or do you in your coocoon of rose tinted perceptions not believe that this happens in real life?
    let's just say it isn't your wife but your best friends wife...what do you do?

15. Abnak Registered Senior Member

"you refuse to accept that schizophrenia exists." -QQ

I never said it doesn't . Some have written that all persons have varying degrees of this thought process and that it only takes inducement ( chemical , enviorment etc... ) for it reach a level where it can be impairing . If you , or any one, took large doses of amphetamines for a week straight , it might produce chemical psychosis . If you were taught that you had evil spirits in your body by persons in authority , you might indeed think they were correct .

I don't live in a cocoon as you write . Could you give a specific example and more details regarding the question you ask . Keep in mind that there are billions of people in the world ... shit happens .

16. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

I think the questions I have asked are sufficient for now.

17. Abnak Registered Senior Member

Your original question :
    "...if your wife attempted suicide every three days or so? What method of treatment would you suggest?

Grew into :

" What do you do to a wife who is thinking of a murder suicide...."

Interesting .

Regarding your last question : I asked for additional info because , how exactly do you know what this person is thinking ....make up a good one .

18. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

duh!! You know what she's thinking because she tells you that's what she's thinking.

So she tells you she's thinking of killing you and your children....what treatment do you propose?

Or do yo want me to "make up" another?

19. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

You'd love my answer for that one QQ,
    I'd give her a gun.
    (Of course not a real one, or if it is a real one, one thats specifically be fixed to not be a danger)
    It would perceivable give her the power to do as she wished, however would she do it?
    Would she actually attempt to take the life of another, or would she realise the flaws in her logic, if she realises the flaws then she's more likely to re-evaluate her whole stance.

Admittedly my suggested answer goes hand in hand with how you would have suggested previously about allowing a person to see what they see, and hoping they see how they see it from a different perspective.

20. Abnak Registered Senior Member

"(she) wants to take her children and her husband with her"

now becomes:
    "...she's thinking of killing you and your children....

Bonzer Canard Writer - QQ

----------------------------

"Abnak, there is no where for you to hide..... You have no defense against me....." -Quack

Now this sounds slightly sinister ; what should be done with you ?

21. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

"What should be done with you?"

Abnak ......well tell us all ...what treatment do you suggest?

22. Abnak Registered Senior Member

"duh!! You know what she's thinking because she tells you that's what she's thinking."-Quack

But this is your imaginary construct ! Why can't you give real examples , you know - real people , then we can evaulate the context such statements are uttered .

I have friends who have said statements to their kids such as " I brought you into this world and I can take you out " or " I am going to whip your but if you don't do ...." . These are the most loving people and these statements can be just expressions of frustration .

If you like to deal with imaginary examples so much ...then should Ralph Crampton be hospitalized for saying to Alice " one of these days Alice , one of these days , Pow - to the moon "

?

23. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Quantum Quack: The following series of posts is riduclous.
    You are playing to win points from people who only read the last post to a thread. Abnak gave no opinion relating to treatment for the girl alleged to be possessed. You deliberately implied that his remark relating to the knife wielding lunatic was his prescription for the girl. To be kind I will refer to this ploy as intellectual dishonesty, although an outright lie seems like a better description.