A Common Pattern: Obscessive Compusive Rational Thinking

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by TruthSeeker, Apr 21, 2002.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

(Q),

Sorry... I forgot...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I go to school because that's how the society works nowdays...
    I don't have option...

Besides that, I like rationalism, but not in excess as you do...

My homestay parents reconsidered because they discovered that I'm just training my English...
    They did that because my homestay brothers were spending hours in the computer playing "maningless" computer games...

Xev,

If you think without stopping for hours and hours... it actually can be defined as an obcession...

Love,
    Nelson

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

'Velma' from 'Scooby-Doo'.

?????

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xev Registered Senior Member

Very well, I look like a cross between Xev

and Velma

*Chuckles*

Nelson:
    What?! We think every second that we exist!

I reiterate my offer to trade books.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I go to school because that's how the society works nowdays...
    I don't have option...

Baloney ! You can do whatever you want. No one is forcing you to do anything.

Besides that, I like rationalism, but not in excess as you do...

There is no magintude to rationalism. You either are or are not rational. One cannot exceed rationalism.

My homestay parents reconsidered because they discovered that I'm just training my English...
    They did that because my homestay brothers were spending hours in the computer playing "maningless" computer games...

You've missed the point, again. You've created more worthless threads when you said you wouldn't. You said you were limited to one hour and you've posted beyond one hour. You are a plethora of contradiction.

If you think without stopping for hours and hours... it actually can be defined as an obcession...

Brains do not have on/off switches. They continue to function all the time. We think, always. It's rather nice, you should try it sometimes.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Very well, I look like a cross between Xev and Velma

They look rather interchangeable, but its hard to tell with animation.

I tend to seek quality and substance. Xev appears to exhibit both.

The Q is often mistaken for Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I'll be back.

9. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Is anyone else feeling a little bit pissed off at truthseeker's continuous idiotic rantings?

He is now beginning to significantly dominate numerous threads in multiple forums with low quality childish irrelevancies.

His announcement that he was to be restricted to 1 hour per day seemed like good news but that seems to have been conveniantly ignored, bypassed, or rescinded.

His nonsense is easy pickings but hardly challenging, I'd like to move on but I don't see that truthseeker is about to learn anything reasonable for some years yet, if ever.

Is anyone else feeling the same or are you content to continue to play with him for a while longer?

Not that I can do anything to change things but I'm curious as to your opinions. He seems to be just meat for the grinder.

Cris

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Cris,

I agree. What do you propose?

11. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Q,

There isn't really anything official that can be done. This is a free website and all are welcome to post whatever they wish.

We did try to control Tony1 at one time but that really wasn't effective. He simply hasn't posted for a few weeks but he firmly stated that he would never leave.

I don't want to suggest anything like that for truthseeker. On the other hand I'd rather not see the quality of debates here brought down to his level or other quality posters leave because of a lack of challenging debates, or worse be put off by childish debates.

I have no answers, only questions and observations.

Cris

12. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Use your Ignore button if you feel so strongly about it.

As for Velma... When I was a little fella watching Scooby Doo, I always thought the blonde girl was a vapid waste of space, and thought Velma was kinda cool. But then I like tomato sauce on rice. *shrug*

13. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Adam,

Nah, that only attempts to deal with the symptoms of the disease and doesn't approach the underlying problem.

14. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

He cannot dominate threads if his input is ignored.
    Trolls that are ignored ALWAYS disappear with time.

TruthSeeker has demonstrated total closed-mindedness,
    and it is ludicrous to believe that we have the ability to
    change this, or to correct Nelson's underlying problems.

Peace.

--- Edit: spelling ---

Last edited: Apr 23, 2002
  15. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

goofyfish,

That is true, but cannot be achieved unilaterally. The temptation to respond to his gibberish in a hope of pointing out his errors are often overwhelming, at least for many people.

Cris

16. Xev Registered Senior Member

Adam: Tomato sauce on rice is gooood!

That out of the way, on to the discussion at hand:

I have tried a bit of 'evangelical skepticism' on Nelson, and I have always treated him with courtesy. I have tried to understand and evaluate his arguments, even when his ego reached stratospheric proportions. My thanks is to be insulted.

Cris mentioned Tony1. I haven't been posting as long as most of you, but I find Tony to be at least a good sparring partner. Nelson's refusels to debate, but rather to insult his 'opponents' and evade do not make him so.

That said, Tyler and I have been the ones 'feeding' him. I cannot speak for Tyler, but I've had enough. This is it.

Obviously, banning Nelson is out of the question. But, if all or most of his opponents ignore him, he'll have less to feed on. I propose that the Q, Cris, Goofyfish and I simultaneously ignore him.

What say ye? I can supply the Bunnies with whips if you feel particularly masochistic and think that Nelson can be taught sense.

17. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I think it's a shame Bebelina felt she had to take a break from here, because people were insulting her. She brightened up the place.

18. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

You can count me in on that.
    The Fish gave up on Nelson yesterday.

Peace.

19. Xev Registered Senior Member

Adam:
    Oh grawk, she was really much more nasty than those who 'insulted' her.

Don't be chivralous, dear. I can never spell the word properly, so the concept pisses me off.

All: Of course, if we do choose to keep responding to Nelson, we ought to control our tempers a bit more. Yes, he can be annoying but:

"We want to shear the Lord's sheep of their wooly, fuzzy thinking, not stampede them -so we can't use chainsaws." --Max G. Webb

Goofyfish: Then Cris and the Q remain to be convinced.

Is this a subtle way of censorship? Am I doing somthing wrong?

20. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I must have missed Bebelina being mean. I don't recall seeing such.

I do try to be chivalrous. I see no problem with that.

21. Xev Registered Senior Member

I do. I hate words like that.

It's root is the French 'cheval' meaning 'horse' - so it should be spelled somthing like 'chevalery'. But nooo, some idiot had to put an 'i' in. So now we have 'chivalrous', which I always screw up.

The other problem is that to go easy on a poster's arguments because of thier gender is inherently....*Xev grins impishy*....degrading.

Most of us come here to have our arguments ripped apart, to make sure that we are right, not to sit around agreeing with one another.

22. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I don't see it as degrading. I see it as polite. If politically correct people wish to see polite as degrading, that is not my concern. I don't live by their rules, I live by mine. And mine includes being polite to women. Except when talking dirty of course.

23. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

And if you're interested, chevalier/cheval comes from the Latin caballus.