Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by spookz, Oct 22, 2002.
Re: Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!
It does? How so?
Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!
Log in or Sign up to hide all adverts.
Sounds so beautiful ! So great !
But the first part with "Get with the program !" Not so good ! Its rather like Madonna's song, "Your heart is not open" -- Frozen
Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image! An example only !
I would recommend you to have the first thought pattern, which can elevate you to another level.
And I never intend to attack personally. Forgive me for any mistakes.
Km and Raj,
is there an old conflict?Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!...
whats up fellas?
Raj is a newcomer...
Let the Universe unfold as it should....Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!
2. India invented the Number system. Zero was invented by Aryabhatt;
3. The world’s first University was established in Takshila in 700BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects. The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century BC was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education;
4. According to the Forbes magazine, Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software;
5. Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans.
6. Although western media portray modern images of India as poverty striken and underdeveloped through political corruption, India was once the richest empire on earth;
7. The art of navigation was born in the river Sindh 5000 years ago. The very word "Navigation" is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH;
8. The value of pi was first calculated by Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is now known as the Pythagorean Theorem. British scholars have last year (1999) officially published that Budhayan’s works dates to the 6th Century which is long before the European mathematicians;
9. Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from India. Quadratic equations were by Sridharacharya in the 11th Century; the largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 106 whereas Indians used numbers as big as 1053;
10. According to the Gemological Institute of America, up until 1896, India was the only source of diamonds to the world;
11. USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century-old suspicion amongst academics that the pioneer of wireless communication was Professor Jagdeesh Bose and not Marconi;
12. The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtr;
13. Chess was invented in India;
14. Sushruta is the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he and health scientists of his time conducted surgeries like cesareans, cataract, fractures and urinary stones. Usage of anaesthesia was well known in ancient India;
15. When many cultures in the world were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley (Indus Valley Civilisation);
16. The place value system, the decimal system was developed in India in 100 BC;
this just in
17. the buttplug was invented in india in 25000 bc
export item, on demand.
Is that anu's news? ...hehe....Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!
Is there anything new since last year?
Quite a few... Mohini for example!
Dwayne, India has Gods and Godesses that have all types of properties. So, I am sure you will find what you are looking for. One thing you need to understand, 99% of the 33 million heavenly entities came to the general population long after the Vedic period.
Why some Goddesses have multiple arms? Were they a failed genetic experiement in the God kingdom? More likely, they were a symbolic representation of the power and capability. Or they could be the fairy tales for the kids that got into the adult world. Imagine Americans worshipping big bird and Kermit after a nuclear or asteroid destruction and adding a 800 years forward.
manu was a hermaphrodite
he fucked herself and begat 2 guys and 3 chicks
manu was no god tho
You might find it interesting that the epic Mahabharata has a lady Gandhari who gave birth to 100 children- incubating in a pot, I think.
Well Not to burst your bubble but the significance of multi hands and heads of Gods and Goddesses in Hindu culture is more metaphoric than actual.
For instance if you see Lord Ganesh ( Elephant head on a human body) he represents wealth and knowledge and the economic harmony. Every hand holds a specific object to denote knowledge, wealth, peace, weapon, food.
After reading your area of study I feel you might be interested in Lord Shiva as the legend goes he turned himself into half woman half man ...which is what you are looking for ...
I think the intelligent humans are much older than just 8000 years, most of these dates are legacy of western colonization of these places to adhere to their religious dates. Pyramids are said to be older than 10000 by most of the experts but officially Pyramids are said to be 5000 years old ..because they were studied by Bible followers and they did not agree to a later date cause according to them the world was a very recent creation.
When you calculate the date of Mahabharat according to the astronomical records you get a much older date than the one agreed to by Western Culture.
I am not sure how you calculate the date, I do not want to refute something I have not seen work or not work. But I see a basic underlying assumption that the magnetic pole reversal affected the life in an adverse manner.
By the way read Zecharia Sitchin and you will find out that most of the stories in Torah, Bible come from Sumerian text which are known to be over 5000 years old ..which again is a estimate by Christian biased society. I believe it is much older. He has hypothesized that the sumerian civilization was created by inhabitants of planet called Niburu which revolves around the sun every 3600 years give or take few..and actually its effect can be seen on the outer most planet's gravitational pull. The sumerian texts talk about the surface area or Neptune and Pluto before they were even discovered.
By the way Bhagvad Gita is part of Mahabharat.
Separate names with a comma.