A Challenge to Prince James

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by genep, Dec 15, 2005.

1. genep Guest

I made the comical claim that since I know nothing I must be the foremost expert on nothing, fiction, thoughts.

You have masturbated your mind in every conceivable way to try and convince me/others that you know more about nothing than I do. Now is your chance to prove it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Genep:

See "The Prince James Argument for the Existence of God" and "The Ontological-Epistemological Link".

I give an account of nothingness as it properly should be conceived in those two places.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tyler Registered Senior Member

genep:
    best post on sciforums I've seen in two years.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. genep Guest

I'm not interested in all the ways you can masturbate your mind with things that to you are not nothing, like gods and ontology and their links.

To me they are just thoughts, Reality's fiction, nothing. I should know because I am the Supreme Expert on this nothing, fiction.

With the utmost humility of simply knowing nothing, I can assure you that I am an expert on this subject of nothing, fiction, in ways not even Krishna or Buddha, or even God himself could have imagined.

I want you to tell me in simple terms, words, why you know more about fiction, Reality's nothing, than I do.

8. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

You wish for a simple term and simple word answer? Okay.

Fiction: A literary genre.

Reality's nothing: The polar and absolute opposite of existence and one of two things something can "be apart of". All which is nothing is also untrue. Anything which exists cannot be nothing.

9. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Ahhh! I see that some one else has discovered the term "mental masturbation" a form of entertaining titilation playing with concepts and ideas for the sheer pleasure of it.

Is this wrong?

I do not think so, however it is wise is it not to at least know what it is you are doing?

The question is :
    How can someone know more about nothing than someone else?

But I ask ya, yes I ask ya!!!
    What is there to know about nothing?

"Nothing knows what nothing knows because nothing knows nothing"

So if nothing knows nothing then there is nothing to know. There for no knowing, thus nothing can be known.

But alas, with mental masturbation comes pleasure and in this story of fiction we all live, it is the pleasure that we seek.
    I ask ya again ....is this wrong?
    For if we do not live this fiction we have nothing. At lest a fiction is something is it not?

10. genep Guest

But all these words add up to thoughts, fiction, nothing. They chase each other around (karma) until they have to add up into your “polar and absolute opposite of existence” that is the mind’s “nothing” that the Hindus call Atman, Samadhi, and the Buddhist’s call Nirvana which they say is EVERYTHING that makes the mind’s “existence” nothing.

If you can laugh at the insanity of it all -- the mind, and its nothing, fiction, called life -- then this laughter is the Supreme Comedy.

Since you claim to be an even bigger authority of nothing, fiction, than these hand of mine -- that think that they can think -- then you can correct or improve on this story about the Supreme Comedy.

The Supreme Comedy

The Supreme Comedy starts that I cannot know Reality because I AM and ALL IS Reality
    and there is no other.

The ancient scriptures call this “there is no other”: ” there is no doer.”

This Reality is the thoughtless-silence of dreamless sleep that Hindus call their Samadhi and Buddhists call their Nirvana.
    Physics calls this same Reality a black-hole that is otherwise their quantum-gap.
    When this Reality manifests itself to the mind it malfunctions.
    Reality does not malfunction, the mind does.

Hindus call this malfunctioning-mind Kundalini that all sorts of thoughts, words, complicate into coiled-snakes and chakras.

And since this Kundalini makes the mind malfunction doctors call it every mental-disease in their books.

But all these words just scratch the surface of this Supreme Comedy called the mind and its life. This is because the Supreme Comedy makes all these words utterly meaningless because:
    1: there is no doer that could have written them, and if there is/was
    2: there is no second or more doers that could read them.

And the end of this Supreme Comedy is that even though “there is no doer” makes all these words utterly meaningless they have to be the Supreme Truth because there is no other.

11. genep Guest

What can be wrong/right about reading a novel or watching a movie or laughing or crying at a joke?
    Wrong and right is the duality of the mind.

Fiction is that each one of “us” plays our role perfectly. In fiction the role of a king and beggar are the same, just a role that in life can only be played perfectly.
    The Awareness that in life there is no choice because each one of us HAS TO PLAY our role perfectly is to be Untouchable, Complete and Content. As Krishna tells Arjuna in the Bhagavad Gita “there is no choice but to fight.” And the movie Fight Club takes this exact same “there is no choice but to fight” to yet another non-dualistic level.

This Awareness is that we are all the same Reality playing all the roles. It is like the movie-screen is playing all the roles of all the characters in the movie.
    And the more we fight and argue and slaughter each other on this movie-screen over our dualities, like truths and lies, the more Entertaining this fiction/movie called life gets – just like if it was a novel or movie – NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS.

12. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

genep:

Actually, thoughts are quite substantial. They exist. The only thing that can be nothing is which does not exist.

So you say, but do not prove. You are an idealogue and nothing but.

The ancient scriptures were written by deluded Aryans who travelled East.

This "reality" is a massive philosophical mistake the East has repeated for 2,500+ years.

Blackholes are not this "quantum gap", a concept which you REPEATEDLY FAIL TO GIVE PROOF OF.

This is not a "reality", it is a delusion. A delusion of self-destroying nihilist pseudo-Orientalists such as yourself.

You have never read a yogic text at all, have you?

Since you don't even use the term "Kundalini" correctly...

You declare but do not produce proof. If you wish to buy into nonsense, please do so. But if truly "dreamless sleep" is the reality of all, I strongly suggest you remain in it.

13. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

Genep, I see from your posts that you have some stock in some rather interesting areas of "fiction"
    In fact you have disclosed many ponts of philosophical interest.
    Possibly you would care to postthreads on those indiividual themes.
    Such as :
    Kundalini ~ mental illness.
    The illusion of reality ~ Cosmic joke
    Nothing ness ~ something ness.

Etc.

I think it would be of value to thrash these out so as to help you and the reader form a more thorough approach to these issues.

But of course to do so you have to join in discussion which of course as you so aptly put it is simply participating in a Cosmic Joke.

If you decline to do so I see no point in further discussion as this joke as you call it has just got that little bit more futile and reeks of obsessive ego-centricity

So what do you think?

Participate in the joke, or just simply keep poking your tongue out at those who choose to do so.....thus mocking their respective "deluded" interests.

Personally I look forward to witnessing your philosophical development and evolution here at sciforums.

14. UnderWhelmed Registered Senior Member

This is easy:

Whom ever says they know more about nothing, knows more then the other person, therefore the other guy wins... :m: :bugeye:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. genep Guest

for the subjects you list, try a google BLOG-search for Supreme Science, Supreme Comedy, UV-gap… Physics=Advaita …

As for your “thorough approach” I am UNTOUCHABLE Complete and Content -- there is nothing in the universe that can make more Untouchable, Complete and Content than I AM.
    The less egos can understand this the more I have to Laugh to be Untouchable, Complete and Content.

Thoughts appear to come so my hands can write so I can Laugh
    -- I just share these words my hands think they write so I can Laugh.

Most of these words my hands think they write are so far above my head/mind that they have to make me laugh. This Laugher I AM, and not these words, fiction, thoughts.

And if these words my hands write are far far above my head then tell me: how can I convince others that they should also laugh at these words so these words can be also far above their heads?

And if you cannot laugh at the words, then cry, or get pissed off – I simply cannot care because
    I AM Untouchable, Complete and Content
    but only because I Realize
    with utter certainty, that Laughter makes complete,
    that I, this mind and is body,
    is Nothing but a thought, fiction.

16. genep Guest

You, my dearest Prince James, obviously know more about me than I do. Obviously I have never read anything about Socrates or Buddha or Kundalini or Yoga or anything else otherwise I would be parroting back what these books say and thus agree with you, totally and enthusiastically.

The truth is that for over 50 years I addictively read in religions, science, MD-doctors, back to science and then History to find the ultimate-truth. Fuck, I had to get a minor in theology and philosophy just to get a BSc in Chemist. The search for the ultimate truth went on ADDICTIVELY way after I specialized in Medicine until I had to admit that it was an exercise in futility. This was because the more I tried to learn the more chaos this learning was creating.
    IN other words: the learning define the word chaos.

SO after 50 years I finally said: fuck it all. And then I started to throw everything I had learned out the window. And the more I threw out the funnier things got, so much so that I have yet to stop laughing even thought there is no knowledge left to throw out .
    Now I AM this Laughter that all the knowledge I had learned has left behind so that I now know nothing.

The only different between you, Prince James, and “me” is that you think you know something and I AM totally Aware that I know this Nothing – which is to be Untouchable, Complete and Content.

17. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Genep:

So basically: You got tired of searching. You quit.

18. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

Knowledge meant to be thrown away, otherwise it would be transferred with genes or such. When we have learned everything, we no longer have to think, we become the knowledge. Thinking is a path between ignorance and knowledge. When you know everything, what could you possibly think? Nothing. Instead of thinking about something, you become something.

19. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

C7ityi:

Because something cannot be encoded in genes, does not mean it is worthless. Howeve,r I shall agree that once we know everything, one cannot think anymore. The omniscient being simply knows. However, he would not have to become something".

20. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

"Because something cannot be encoded in genes, does not mean it is worthless."

thihihi... i was just kidding.

"However, he would not have to become something".

he'd have to become himself and he would say "i am what i am" like moses said.

:i am what i am, i do what i want.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  21. Tyler Registered Senior Member

No, prince.
    One day you'll simply realize that some of us come to accept we don't have all the answers. You must be under 20 years of age, and if I simply had to guess by your writing I would say closer to 16-17 (I hope this isn't offensive, the internet can be deceiving) and you have a theory on everything. I would say it amazes me that you seem to think you've answered so many of the huge questions, but at 15 I too thought I had a good theory in just about every area.

It's just that eventually you read enough to clue into the fact that you don't really have the answer to every question humans have pondered in the last 2400 years.

22. genep Guest

I must be really stupid: the 16-17 went way above my head -- even thought it all seems to add up to about 16-17.

Maybe it is because I taught my two kids to be stupid, like me, and so both of them finished at the top of their graduating college class without ever having all the answers as does this Prince.

23. Tyler Registered Senior Member

It's an odd mentality, indeed.
    In my courses especially, everyone seems to think they have the perfect answer to almost every issue; be it political, social, philosophical...

Same with gov't and activists and everyone else - as a generalization, they seem to think they above all have the answer to so many questions. I just can't figure out why this human disability to say "I don't know" exists. Most philosophers, mathematicians, scientists, lawyers... I've met have come to realize the questions are simply too big to have some massively unified and all-encompassing theory on everything. Maybe it's simply a fault of youth (in which case, I probably still do it), maybe an effect of boredom/lack of challenge... In any case, I think all in all it's ridiculous.