a brief (and crazy?) theory of man's existence

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by weed_eater_guy, Oct 17, 2004.

1. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

One-Raven:
    Point taken.

But he seems a little too enamored of perfection- as in, thinking this is the Best of All Possible Worlds. Leibnez was lampooned for this- its like saying noses were made for glasses.

THE distinguishing trait of any organism is its irritablity and its ability to reproduce.
    Also, any organism is subject to a centralized organization- a plant is regulated by its roots. An animal and Gendanken regulated by a brain.
    All three organisms can reproduce themselves and are controlled centrally.
    All three also share motive and will.

The earth is scattered about and subject to chance and cannot reproduce.

Something's missing.

*Edit*

Also, I was adressing the thread author's theory more than I was Gaia theory.
    Soooo.....

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Huuuumm.... that seems Composition:
    "The Fallacy of Composition is to conclude that a property shared by a number of individual items, is also shared by a collection of those items; or that a property of the parts of an object, must also be a property of the whole thing."

You said:
    You basically bring human properties and assign them to nature - which is not necessarily true.

There's also some Equivocation on the word "nature":
    "Equivocation occurs when a key word is used with two or more different meanings in the same argument."

There's some confusion on what is "artificial", also, specially when you compare it to one of the definitions of "nature"...

There might be other fallacies. This is a hard one to ponder about.....
    But I certainly understand your reasoning...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. caffeine_fubar Dark Dementia is my name... Registered Senior Member

Computers are a creation of a creation of nature... not a direct cause by nature considering that we are not in.... wait... holy shit...!! Nice =D

No more to say.. Nature wins

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

wow, my simple daydream actually started a good forum.. imagine that

and saying that nature is not aware of the possible future sounds kinda ludicrous seeing as we're an integral part of nature and we seem to figure out what's going on.
    sure all the advanced thought is contained in our heads, but our conection to nature is where those thoughts manifest themselves. If we make a settlement outside Earth, we're bringing plants, maybe animals with us. Nature will have succesfully produced a group of species that can get themselves on other planets and moons. Gaia theory or not, that's what it'll be.

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Yes, that's right. But Gaia theory can still be true. It's just that it needs a whole lot more work then that. I mean... really... even writting a book....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!