9/11 Poll

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by scott3x, Feb 7, 2009.

?

Who was responsible for 9/11?

1. 1- The official story regarding 9/11 is the sacred truth. Questioning it is blasphemous.

2.2%
  2. 2- The official story regarding 9/11 is more or less right. No need to investigate further.

43.3%
  3. 3- The official story regarding 9/11 is questionable in some areas.

20.0%
  4. 4- EoG (Elements of the Government) let 9/11 happen.

2.2%
  5. 5- EoG let 9/11 happen. EoG prevented the investigation of certain individuals before 9/11.

6.7%
  6. 6- EoG, perhaps in the form of a secret society, made 9/11 happen.

17.8%
  7. 7- Other

7.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

These are photographs of avalanches. A snow avalanche is also a dense cloud of particles. It is ground hugging and exhibits the cauliflower look of dense fluids in motion.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So when you state:
    You are in fact not using even common terms such as a debris avalanche, but instead use a loaded word improperly.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

Oops I seem to b e limited 1 photo link per post.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Agreed. The most convenient method to curtail intellectual debate is personal attacks. Something which the posters on this forum are masters in, something which the moderators allow (provided its done by acceptable groups).

Interesting that foul language, sexual content, and at times nudity is perfectly acceptable. Yet if you espouse an unpopular view, your posts will be deleted, the moderators will issue personal attacks against you and mock you, and more than likely you will be banned.

Its up the sole discretion of the moderators. Personal attacks are completely acceptable if done by the acceptable groups. If someone on the defensive responds in even a mildly offensive way, he will be banned forever. No questions asked. If someone attempts to ask about whether this banning is acceptable, he will be informed vaguely that this member deserved it.

You should check the posting history from two posters: Kadark and Lord_Voldemort. Both were banned for their political views.

I can tell you are well-informed. Now it is unacceptable for Non-Muslims to question 9/11, usually they are personally attacked and discredited, but Muslims who deny 9/11, they can be jailed for having sympathy to terrorism, even if they condemn the attack. This shows just to what extent double standards are practiced and thoughtcrime (as you put it, 1984) can be punished.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

8. shaman_ Registered Senior Member

He doesn’t represent NIST, nor was he part of the investigation. What is the point of posting his views? Oh so you can actually seem to be ‘winning’ on one (irrelevant) point. Truther tactics....

.. and everything after that point becomes irrelevant speculation. The fires most certainly could have done it.

We'll see how long this thread lasts before it is shut down. So far Scott is just rehashing the same old manure which has been addressed numerous times.

9. scott3x Banned Banned

The point is not irrelevant; before FEMA's report, by which time Kevin Ryan had made it abundantly clear that the fires couldn't have melted the steel (and was fired shortly thereafter), many people believed that the fires did just that.

No, they couldn't have. But feel free to point out any evidence that suggests that they had even the slightest chance of doing so. I certainly have plenty of evidence pointing to the fact that NIST had to imagine heat and use tweaked computer models in order to get the towers even to the point of "collapse initiation". Here's a good link to see their imagined heat:
    http://911research.wtc7.net/essays/nist/index.html#exaggeration

Here's the same link at a part where it's showing how their model ignored conduction:
    http://911research.wtc7.net/essays/nist/index.html#conduction

The same link again, this time critiquing NIST's "Global Analysis":
    http://911research.wtc7.net/essays/nist/index.html#analysis

You may be right that it will be shut down soon. I would argue that this speaks more of the moderation then of the validity of the arguments I and others have made here in favour of the inside job theories, however.

10. scott3x Banned Banned

Look, perhaps you're some great techy on pyroclastic flows. But for most people, the fact that it acts like a pyroclastic flow is enough to describe it as such. Another good point concerning the dust is made on 9/11 Research's short article titled Vast Volumes of Dust:

Dust From Collapses Expanded to Many Times The Towers' Volumes

Both Towers exploded into vast dust clouds, which photographs show to be several times the volumes of the intact buildings by the time the destruction reached the ground. The dust clouds continued to expand rapidly thereafter, growing to easily five times the buildings' original volume by 30 seconds after the initiation of each collapse.

The dust clouds rapidly invaded the surrounding city, filling the cavernous spaces between nearby skyscrapers in seconds. Eyewitness reports were consistent that it was impossible to outrun the dust clouds. Photographs can be used to calculate the speed at which the dust cloud from the North Tower grew. There is a photograph of the North Tower dust showing the spire and showing dust 700 feet in front of the nearest part of the building's footprint. That distance is calculated using buildings as reference points. Since it is known from real-time movies that the spire fell about 30 seconds after the initiation of the collapse, and that it took about 10 seconds for the bottom of the dust cloud to reach the ground, the average speed of advance on the ground in that direction was approximately 35 feet per second.

Another feature of the dust clouds was that they upwelled in immense columns, climbing to over the height of Building 7 (over 600 feet) in the seconds immediately after each collapse.

Such behavior clearly indicates the input of huge quantities of heat far in excess of what the friction of a gravity-driven collapse could produce. ​

11. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

This did not act like a pyroclastic flow. It acted like a debris avalanche. Speed has nothing to do with it. That's just a smokescreen, no pun intended, to misrepresent the facts.

This too is wrong and misleading. This is the behavior fluids of various densities.

12. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

I forgot to mention this claim. I'm sorry but that deserves a Homer 'doh'. Dust occupies more volume that solids.

Now here is a link to a debris avalanche albeit a small one.

http://geology.com/articles/yosemite-rockfall.shtml

Look at the photos and listen to your narrative. I made small adjustments to your statements.

Dust From Collapses Expanded to Many Times The Rock's Volume

The rock exploded into vast dust clouds, which photographs show to be several times the volumes of the intact rocks by the time the destruction reached the valley. The dust clouds continued to expand rapidly thereafter, growing to easily 20 times the rock's original volume by 30 seconds after the initiation of the collapse.

The dust clouds rapidly invaded the surrounding talus slope, filling the valley space in seconds. Eyewitness reports that it was impossible to outrun the dust clouds. Photographs can be used to calculate the speed at which the dust cloud from the collapse grew. The average speed of advance on the ground in that direction was approximately 35 feet per second (likely that this was moving significantly faster).

13. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

This is less than 20 miles per hour. Pyroclastic flows move hundreds of miles per hour.

14. scott3x Banned Banned

Look, I'm fine with the possibility that what happened on 9/11 isn't technically a pyroclastic flow, but is simply the behaviour of fluids of various densities as you say. The point above is that the heat was "far in excess of what the friction of a gravity-driven collapse could produce".

15. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

This isn't technically different. It is completely different. This doesn't act like a pyroclastic flow in terms of heat or speed. It was a debris avalanche, a completely different event.

It is becoming shamefully clear that the reason for using the term pyroclastic flow is to mislead people about the amount of heat. To show a volcanic eruption side by side with the WTC is also misleading. The dimensions, speeds, temperatures, and origins of the materials are so incomparable.

Although large, the building is small compared to a volcano. The dust clouds moved at less than 1/10 the speed of a pyroclastic flow. People and buildings overcome by the dust clouds were not incinerated as a pyroclastic flow would have done.

Finally, a building is an empty volume. There is very little matter in a building. The debris avalanche I showed you was a solid block without substantial internal voids and yet it produced a typical cauliflower look by crushing the rock into small fragments that became airborne. The relatively thin sheet like structures in a building are easily broken into small fragments producing a dense cloud of debris.

16. scott3x Banned Banned

Alright, I admit I'm no expert on pyroclastic flows. So why don't we just put that one aside for now. Can you address the other issue I mentioned? That is, the "huge quantities of heat, far in excess of what the friction of a gravity-driven collapse could produce"?

17. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

Here is another type of event marked by cauliflower patterns in the debris cloud. It is a density current in water.

This image is from an experimental tank.

This more like the dust clouds of WTC. These move slowly, and are cold.

I'll take a look at "huge quantities of heat" claim now. The one issue that is clear is that the dust clouds were not hot.

18. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

I'm sorry I'm already done with that page. It assumes that the expansion has to be heat induced. Why? There are other mechanisms to spread dust.

19. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Didn't you know Stereo? When you apply a thin coat of nano-thermite paint to structural steel, it has the amazing quality of being able to super-heat clouds of dust. It also burns for months afterward in the debris pile.

20. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

Wow!

I have provided photographs of 3 distinct types of events, none of which require the use of explosives or heat to reproduce. All of them produce cauliflower patterns, yet the term used is pyrotechnic flow. There is a weak excuse that they needed a term and borrowed. I can come up with many terms that are more accurate with no effort: avalanche, debris avalanche, and dust clouds.

It is my belief that the term is being misused to support the claim that large amounts of heat were involved and I want to know why. Why is there need for a lot of heat?

The photos of destruction at street level do not show the signs of a rapidly moving, very hot dense fluid (which are some of the properties of a pyroclastic flow). For example, the cars in one scene show most of their paint and are arranged in a regular fashion.

21. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

They need heat...because the general truther theory is that thermite was used to bring down the building. Don't be confused..we aren't talking about regular thermite. This is MAGIC nanothermite...that has amazing qualities..because it has a "nano" in front of the name.

The expanding clouds due to heat is a tell-tale sign of nanothermite use.

Oh...and give up on using logic, reason and common sense in this thread. It has no place in 9/11 truth threads, and, as a general rule, goes completely ignored.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  22. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

If nanothermite is suspected of use in the WTC tragedy why not say, "a nanthermite cloud" was involved. Why say pyroclastic cloud instead?

23. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Irrelevant.
    It's still a misappropriation of a loaded term.
    Call it what it is - a base surge, or debris flow.
    I still haven't managed to come up with a suitably ridiculous analogy to demonstrate just how ridiculous this claim is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.