9/11 Poll

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by scott3x, Feb 7, 2009.

?

Who was responsible for 9/11?

1. 1- The official story regarding 9/11 is the sacred truth. Questioning it is blasphemous.

2.2%
  2. 2- The official story regarding 9/11 is more or less right. No need to investigate further.

43.3%
  3. 3- The official story regarding 9/11 is questionable in some areas.

20.0%
  4. 4- EoG (Elements of the Government) let 9/11 happen.

2.2%
  5. 5- EoG let 9/11 happen. EoG prevented the investigation of certain individuals before 9/11.

6.7%
  6. 6- EoG, perhaps in the form of a secret society, made 9/11 happen.

17.8%
  7. 7- Other

7.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

The pyroclastic comes from pyro, fire, and clastic, broken.

The problem I see here is that a clastic event is being called a pyroclastic event. Simply misleading.

There are few words on that chart. I'm not picking on a word in a tome. A summary such as the one provided concerns me when a word is used that to me is so misleading.

You sent me to a page to see some pics of destruction. On that page it says:
    Anyone engulfed by a pyroclastic flow is killed. They are burned to death. Some cars show most of their external paint intact. This does not look like a pyroclastic event. It looks like some vehicles burned. This does not mean it was pyroclastic in nature.

Why be misleading?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. scott3x Banned Banned

Dictionary.com states that they're synonymous:
    1. to derive by reasoning; conclude or judge from premises or evidence: They inferred his displeasure from his cool tone of voice.
    2. (of facts, circumstances, statements, etc.) to indicate or involve as a conclusion; lead to.
    3. to guess; speculate; surmise.
    4. to hint; imply; suggest.​

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. scott3x Banned Banned

In attempting to describe a phenomena that has never occurred before, we attempt to use terms that are close to it; pyroclastic flows are what most closely resembles what happened on 9/11. This was clearly demonstrated in one of the videoclips from 911 Eyewitness that I linked to before:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1381525012075538113

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Then you may also have noticed that there have been several 911 threads none of which resolved anything, and also that this does happen to be a moderated forum.
    You don't like the rules you go elsewhere.

Anyone with an incorrect "opinion" and claims they can't justify deserves pulling up. Banning is to the mods.

If you had actually researched it you'd have found that it's quite possible: it depends on where (or if) the steel can shed the heat...

Discuss like adults?
    You start with a false claim and then go on to state that you are the proof?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yeah, go ahead...

8. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Did I, or did I not implicitly aknowledge this in the very next paragraph?

Right, moving along.

I'm also calling bullshit on this paper.
    For starters, the same caveat applies for aluminium as it does for lead, and ccording to NIST, temperatures in localized areas reached 1000°C
    Secondly, he completely ignores babbit metal.
    Thirdly, he spends the first 5 pages advertising his work in cold fusion.
    Finally, his presentation is as biased as any truther website i've come across.

Yes, i've deliberately cut the quote short.

Why does he exclude this - the possibility that there was some mechanism, probably relating to rubble distribution, or something along the lines of a gouge in the concrete (concrete damaged in the impact? Perish the thought).

The simple fact is that there is no good reason to exclude this possibility - a pan of opportunity, so to speak, however he does so simply because he can't imagine it happening. That is an argument from personal incredulity, a logical fallacy. In fact, much of his paper smacks of that particular fallacy.

You say that like i'm the only person to ever consider lead.

9. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Yes, because when something is implied, it is also infered.

The difference between them is in the person performing the action.

And for the record, nothing I said, when taken in context says anything any different from what I saud, in fact, if you like, they're saying the SAME DAM THING AS I AM.

They inferred his displeasure from his cool tone of voice.
    He implied his displeasure with his cool toone of voice.

Get it yet?

Oi vey.

10. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

I see you've already made up your mind. It is either imperative to your world view, please wiki: cognitive dissonance, or you are an operative for the NWO. Either way I do not wish to continue generating negative energy with you, or wasting my time. The information is out there, you know where to look if you wish to open your mind and find out why so many people have stopped believing corporate media driven myths. Allowance good man, allowance.

eace:

no. . . I was typing my post, sorry 'bout that. damn newbies, eh? lol

oh, I know, I'll shall remove myself from that behavior as well when I come across it. I will hope that I will receive only the attitude which I put out eventually. The seeds of wisdom can only find purchase upon fertile ground good sir. Remember, there is a very big difference between knowledge and wisdom, please don't confuse the two.

What the Internationalists within our government, in Europe, and the (hmmm. . . I had better not mention them, it looks like that is a quick way to get censored. The ******** in Israel or the "Mossad") have done to the international world political scene and economy is unconscionable. What does this have to do with my ego?

11. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

If people are claiming that then their science is equally bad:Star Trek (and 90% of TV/ movie SF) is a joke as far as science goes. The language is used and the tropes, but the reality, sadly, isn't.

Hardly: the main science advisor for the show has complained that he gets over-ridden due to plot requirements.

Written SF, yes.
    TV/movie SF is entertainment.

Except that YOU yourself used it as an example of "science in TV", and the show was incorrect, merely so that the good guys could have a clue...

The point being that people assume these shows (due to the basic premise) are factual, when they aren't.
    There was a study published some years ago stating that something on the order of 60% of the US public got all of their science from shows like Star Trek.
    Does that bode well for science?
    I think not.

A grammarian, most especially an Oxford graduate (and a stickler for precision as the character was supposed to be), would know that the word required was "imply".
    Anything else is sloppy and ambiguous.
    Lack of care by the script writers - like Trek etc, if the writers don't care enough to get it correct why should I care enough to watch?

12. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

To demonstrate my point further, the difference between Imply and Infer is the same as the difference between borrow and lend.

You understand that right?

13. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Oh right.
    So because i've examined the same events as you, and come to a different conclusion, then obviously i'm either a government operative, or being closed minded.

Right...

Because there's no other possible explanation, like I just don't happen to believe the evidence supports the conclusions you're trying to draw from it.

Ugh.

Again, ugh - you're the one that bought ego into it in the first place.

14. scott3x Banned Banned

Using caps lock doesn't actually do anything for your argument; to the contrary, it only shows that you have a short fuse. I think the dictionary definition I quoted actually contradicts you, so no, I don't think that it's saying the same thing. However, I've probably seen the terms used in the way you are mentioning it, because when you made the statement below, it clicked:

This leads me to conclude that the dictionary messed up. To give an example: I believe you inferred something from the dictionary definition I gave that wasn't implied- namely that it was supporting your statement concerning the difference between inferance and implication. Conversely, either of us may imply things the other may never infer.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  15. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Yes, something that is infered is also implied.

Actually, the dictionary.com perfectly agrees with me, I think the problem may be in what you understand synonym to mean.

It doesn't mean identically the same as.
    It does mean that the words have similar meanings, they have to do with guessing what people mean.

When someone says that a meaning was implied, they're saying that you should have guessed, speculated, or surmised that that meaning is hinted at, implied or suggested.

When someone infers a meaning from what someone else has said, they are guessing, speculating, or surmising that that meaning is hinted at, implied or suggested.

And yeah, sometimes my fuse is a little short, but you don't get to judge it until you know me, and know my personal circumstance.

The difference is the participant.

16. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Yeah, while we're on that subject, I CAN'T FIND the rules. I mean, in the sign up, it said it was moderated for things like language, sexual content, and nudity, but no where did it mention anything about IDEAS or RADICAL THOUGHT, or even OFFENSIVE IDEAS or THOUGHT. So I just want to read the rules on censorship and thought-crime if someone can provide the link for me, I would very much appreciate it. I have read the postings of several Muslims who seemed to want to express their views concerning Zionism, but apparently they are continually censored? I want to know if there is freedom of speech on this board, or if it is a place where group think must be maintained. If it is the latter, than yes, Oli, perhaps I should not waste my time here. Like cable and satellite TV in America, it would be nothing more than another brainwashing tool. I got rid of my TV because all it told were lies, why would I want to participate in something I can't speak the truth in?

O.K. lol. Are you being "cheeky" with me? Or are you just uninformed as to the definition of, "OPINION?" Let's see; dictionary.com do?
    "OPINION
    –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
    4. Law. the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
    5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.
    6. a favorable estimate; esteem: "I haven't much of an opinion of him."​

Hence, NOBODIES opinion is ever "incorrect." No matter if you accept their proof or evidence or what ever. Kapisch?

"However, I do have lots of new stuff if you are interested that might blow your minds"
    Actually, I must post 20 times first. I think this is a good policy really. I am not really sure yet about this board. Like I said, there seems to be some REAL censorship issues of IDEAS as opposed to language or images, etc. I find that troubling.

There was a time when I was a kid, you could pretty much say and think what ever you wanted to, not anymore. Now, if it isn't approved by people in control, then you can't. Well sir, I have read 1984, and I have read "A Brave New World." Haven't You? You should. In fact, Aldous Huxley was among the powerful elites, and he even knew what was going on, you can listen to it from his own lips on Youtube if you care to do a search and find out. That's why I'm The Esotericist, I know things you aren't supposed to know, you don't want to know, you will fight to deny, because it isn't convenient to your world view. Hence, I need to know before hand if I am allowed to speak. :scratchin:

Whether or not you listen? I don't care, that's your choice.

17. John99 Banned Banned

go ahead...speek

18. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Oh you're quite mistaken.
    You can THINK whatever you like.
    Saying it is another thing altogether

So you don't think a professional judgement could ever be incorrect?
    Or an estimate of someone's character?
    Or even a belief based on insufficient evidence?
    Interesting... "I don't know much at all about this, but I'm definitely not incorrect in my opinion".:shrug:

Of course I have.

Yep, you and a million others.
    Including me.

Depends upon its veracity doesn't it?

19. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

But. . . back to my ORIGINAL point. At the time of this post, 52.63% of the people in this poll accept the official story, no questions asked. The others? Smell a rat.

So. . . What gives a moderator in that 52.63% of the people the right to continually stifle the discussions of the other 47.37%? Where is the appeals process here? I have been informed that numerous people have left this forum in disgust because of the shutting down of dissent. Seems to me, one person is making this place unfriendly to the many. I don't know much about Star Trek, but what do they say about the needs of the many over the needs of the one?

I am not really concerned at this point with the nuts and bolts of the discussion. What concerns me is the shutting down of dissent. That speaks volumes more to me about the truth of what occurred on that sad day in September, than any other disagreement about science or "the facts." The simple unwillingness to discuss the issue from the citizens that support the official myth, should tell those that are unsure of what happened to take a closer look at everything that is available out there.

20. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

So you've taken "questionable in some areas" as being, for want of a better term, pro-conspiracy?

Do tell.

Just one person?
    Tut, shame.
    And you've got Scott's penchant for using fictional characters to back up your point, too.

Or maybe the fact that the entire 911 thing has been done to death with nothing new added since it started, the same tired arguments and "data" presented the same tired way...

Yep, or maybe it's just the fact that every thing's been gone through so many times without a conclusion so why re-hash it?

21. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Falsehood - only 2.63% of posters accept the Nist report unquestioningly.
    68.42% of people believe the NIST report is correct, or basically correct, but with some areas that may need further exploration.

Falsehood.
    Only 31.57% of people believe that elements of the government were involved (thus constituting a government conspiracy or coverup).

You don't think that Moderators should moderate discussions?

Interesting. Pray tell, what do you think that Moderators should do?

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Aha!
    You're right - the moderators of SciForums did it.
    How blind we've been.

Ooh and an assumption thrown in for good measure, perhaps.
    Citizens of where?

23. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

This is becoming quite disturbing at this point Scott3x.

You are describing an avalanche of material as a pyroclastic flow. That is misleading, purposely misleading. The video makes the same misleading statements.

The only thing that the video has in common with a pyroclastic flow is that the dust cloud is acting as a dense fluid. That does not mean it is even close to the density of a pyroclastic flow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.