8 year old shoots himself with UZI

Discussion in 'World Events' started by wsionynw, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Mostly because of mamby-pamby, doo-gooder liberals wanted those restrictions ....AND... no one actually fought against those restrictions.

And it's unfortunate, too, because now those same mamby-pamby, doo-gooder liberals think they can keep extending those laws to include anything and everything. Pretty soon it's gonna' be something that YOU like or want, but it'll become illegal.

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So what you are actually saying is that you think it would be a good thing if hand grenades were as easily obtainable as handguns are now ?
    Also, you don't think it has anything to do with the danger they pose ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Sure, why not?

Cars are far, far more dangerous than guns or hand grenades, yet we allow 16 year kids to drive the fuckin' things. What'chu think about them apples?

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Yep, yep and yep.

Guns are meant to be shot yes, but unless used against a person are not actually killing devices as much a recreational toys. Remember it is not what the device does, but in how it is (mis)used.

8. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Well I am sure that Nazi germany did not feel oppressed much weither when Hitler banned firearms. I'll be they thought gun-owning citizen were more dangerous to society than their government.

9. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

You can't protect people from that, not completely. All you can do is have harsh consequences to try to deter them. Risk is a part of life.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol sure, I wonder if you'll sing the same tune when it's your kid.
    We can't protect people completely from it, but we can do a hell of a lot to reduce the risks. One thing would be to outlaw private gunownership. Easy..

11. distantcube Registered Member

No. In fact, that sounds like collective punishment!

12. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So you'd punish one group of citizens for something that only a few would ever do? You'd take the fun toys from everyone, just because it might be a "risk" to a very, very few?

And yet you'd allow people to drive cars? Which is hundreds of times more risky than all the guns in the world.

Baron Max

13. distantcube Registered Member

Why not bring in legislation that requires citizens remain confined to a 2 by 4 padded cell, in order to avoid harm?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. distantcube Registered Member

When citizens engage in homosexual activity, some catch HIV. So according to the logic being displayed on this thread, the government should bring in legislation to prohibit all public and private homosexual activity!

15. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I would, because it's a principle that's very important to me. Shit happens, people die, it's a fact of life. The sooner we can all accept that the better off we'll be as a people. Mitigating risks is fine, but there comes a point when you have to draw the line and say we've done all we can. Preferably before rights are taken away in the name of public safety.
    Great idea, then only criminals will have guns. That'll stop em for sure.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Ok fine Xelios. We don't agree. This same discussion goes around these forums time and time again.. I've had enough

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

liar liar plants for hire