8 year old shoots himself with UZI

Discussion in 'World Events' started by wsionynw, Oct 28, 2008.

1. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

What is the minimum age to use a gun in the USA?
    And what is the minimum age to own one?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Chalk up another one.

Keep it up, and no one will have to invade you, you'll be busy killing yourselves.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

There is no minimum age for gun ownership or usage. This has been traditionally the responsibility of parents. I grew up around a lot of guns. But my father was always careful to make sure he instructed me in the use of guns and always supervised me when I was around guns. I was always taught that the most dangerous gun is the unloaded gun.

A better question would be, how do you make a law ensuring that children have good parents? Another question, how do make ensure parents exercise good judgement and common sense? Realisticly you cannot do any of these things. All you can do is educate people. The answer to every social ill is not another law. You should want to prevent accidents like this, not punish people.

8. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

At least they can't go around shooting people with alcohol until they're 21 eh.

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Alcohol and drugs are other examples of trying to fix a social problem with a law. It has not worked in the nearly a century that these laws have been in place. It is not likely they are going to work in the future either. Those predisposed to breaking these laws still do so. The solution is education and cultural changes not law.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The best question would be: "Why aren't gun still not outlawed ?".

11. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure why the most dangerous gun is the unloaded gun, perhaps you can explain?

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't submachine guns designed to kill people (as opposed to use in hunting or markmanship competition), so why the fuck encourage kids to spray bullets from an Uzi???

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

There is nothing wrong with gun ownership. If you grow up in rural areas it is very common for folks to have guns. They live in remote areas away from the protection of law enforcement. And they use guns to supplement their food supply.

And I repeat, laws do not solve social problems...people do!

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

We don't have such incidents over here because guns are outlawed.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

The most dangerous gun is the unloaded gun because sometimes they are not unloaded and they are expected to be unloaded. I was taught to treat all guns as if they were loaded. Sometimes a gun can have an empty clip but there is a bullet in the firing chamber. Someone treats the gun as if it were unloaded and someone dies.

The point is you treat all guns as if they were loaded all the time.

There are a lot of things that are dangerous in our societies. If we are going to make everything that is dangerous illegal we are headed for some rough times. Driving a car is far more dangerous than shooting guns. More people, especially young people, die in car accidents every year than in gun accidents. So are you proposing that we make cars illegal? Where does it stop?

15. dazzlepecs Registered Senior Member

with parents like that the kid would have died in some way or another anyway.. If he didnt shoot himself he would drive himself off a cliff, blow himself up while dynamite juggling, choke trying to eat an airplane

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Oh come on, that's weak and you know it

17. amark317 game developer-in-training Registered Senior Member

so you can go to war at 18, but you can't fire an automatic weapon until your 21?

do they just send kids into Iraq with a pistol and expect them to come back?!?!?

yes, it probably has little recoil if you shoot only one round, but stacked up I'm not surprised that the kid couldn't handle it. I doubt I could handle it.

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

No it is not weak. Individuals have to bear some responsibility for their own well being. The state cannot and should not be the solution to all social problems. We need to take on some responsiblity for our lives and those of our children.

19. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

People are required to pass a test before they are allowed to drive unsupervised, and cars are not specifically designed to kill people.

Hand guns are banned in the UK because they serve no purpose other than to kill people. Tennis rackets are also dangerous but are not designed to kill people, hence they are not banned.

Look, if you guys in the US are happy to play with guns then go for it, good luck to you. I'm glad I don't have to worry too much about having my head blown off by a disgruntled gun owner or some kid that got hold of his parent's gun. I'm just a pussy that doesn't like guns unless they're in movies, books and video games (I went clay pigeon shooting once but it did nothing for me).

20. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

That's not even a scentence, lol.

Yeah this sucks. But like Joe said, it's a matter of common sense. You have to teach a child to use their brain which is easier provided you have one yourself.
    Kids die on ATVs all the time. Should they be outlawed?
    How many kids a paralyzed diving into the shallow end of a pool?
    Should we ban swimming?

There was a child in our school district that just hung himself because his parents took away his cellphone. Perhaps we should outlaw rope for anyone under 18.

This UZI thing is stupidity of the parent and instructor on so many levels. Fully auto guns have a tendency to "climb" when firing. UZIs are short barreled guns making them FAR more dangerous. Common sense tells me that if it were a long barreled the recoil would have caused the gun to fire high and possibly bopped the child in the face with the bolt, yet the "business end" would 've remained safely beyond the distance required to shoot himself as it's quite difficult to shoot yourself with a long barreled gun unless you're trying.

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

One day they will be playing with cannons and then they will be in deep do do.

22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Guns have other purposes than killing people. Guns are used for hunting. Guns are used for sport. We have rules limiting the types of weapons individuals can own. But guns in general are not illegal to own...some guns must be registered and permits obtained. So gun ownership is not totally unregulated in The United States.

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Well, it's your country..