8 Million Americans have Near Death Experiences according to Gallup Poll

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Mazulu, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Cheezle Hab SoSlI' Quch! Registered Senior Member

No you missed a few options. #1 on the list should be hallucinations. Obviously the NDE (near death experience) is a result of ND (near death) which is a type of trauma. Other explanations include drugs. Many people that have NDEs on the operating table are under the influence of drugs. And many of those drugs are hallucinogenic. And for some reason, all of these experiences are very culturally distinct. While you might dismiss this as some kind of cultural sensitivity, like government informational handouts in multiple languages, the fact remains that there is no objective experience. It is fully subjective. And that fact is problematic.

[video=youtube;kwJsNTZFdcU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwJsNTZFdcU[/video]

You should watch all the videos in this series. You could learn a lot.

Psychology of Belief, Part 1: Informational Influence
    Psychology of Belief, Part 2: Insufficient Justification
    Psychology of Belief, Part 3: Confirmation Bias
    Psychology of Belief, Part 4: Misinformation Effect
    Psychology of Belief, Part 5: Compliance Techniques
    Psychology of Belief, Part 6: Hallucinations
    Psychology of Belief, Part 7: Projection
    Psychology of Belief Part 8: Need for Closure

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Uh no, you're just ignoring what anyone says to you and continue to cling to your magical beliefs.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Once again, and hopefully for the last time, souls have never been shown to exist.

No, it doesn't. It is irrelevant because it's bullshit..

YOU are the one throwing out the data on how the brain works and replacing it with magical beliefs.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You start from a false premise and make false conclusions, that is not a strong argument, that is what is called pure bullshit.

8. Cheezle Hab SoSlI' Quch! Registered Senior Member

Logic and rhetoric are not Mazulu's strong points. For instance his comparison of the brain with common electronic devices. He likes to throw around words and concepts that he does not understand. He is childlike. He believes in stuff that is equivalent of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. He believes stuff that grown men don't even think about. Is that what they call a Peter Pan Syndrome? All I know is that I don't know any grown men (or women) that believe this kind of childish crap. Strangely enough that includes some Christians I know. Aliens, spirits, angels, telepathy, it is the equivalent of leprechauns, unicorns and elves.

9. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

People have dreams where they interact/converse with deceased relatives/friends and even fictional/imaginary/non-existent beings when they are just sleeping normally. Those dreams can be set in different places, in different times, and even different worlds/universes/realities.
    Would you say that when people dream, that they are " "away from the body", be back soon. "?
    When you sleep, are you considered conscious or unconscious? If you pass out or get knocked out, are you considered conscious or unconscious?

Mazulu, why do you equate emotions with "pain/pleasure"?
    Why would an emotional computer "hate you, want to kill or destroy you, and will do anything in its power to hurt you...your computer knows you have important files, it might delete them just to spite you."
    Mazulu, how do you "make" another person "really feel that way"?
    Mazulu, why do you equate emotions with malicious intent?

Mazulu, that statement only serves to prove what little you know about computers. Why, pray tell, did you include it?

Mazulu, I know other people feel pain and pleasure, because they relate that information to me.
    Mazulu, you prefer to "guess"!? Again, why, pray tell, are "motives" involved in any way with cognitive awareness?

Mazulu, would you be so kind as to cite the Peer Reviewed Scientific Journal that you got the above from?

Or...Mazulu, did you just make that up? Remember...honest...open...conversation!

Mazulu, do you have a picture of this "model"? Where is it located? Has anyone else "seen" it? If so, would you be kind enough to have them describe it for all of us here at SciForums?

Mazulu, could you possibly cite a few of those scientists/experts/laymen that have proof that "the brain is not the source of consciousness"?
    And Mazulu, if(big IF) "If there is something like a "consciousness field", then it most definitely is beyond the natural world.".
    Mazulu, are you saying that it is not manifested in this "natural world" - and that "IF" it exists at all - anything in this "natural world" could never be cognitively aware of it?

Mazulu, epic fail. If YOU make a statement, the burden of proof is on YOU to prove YOUR statement.
    Mazulu, if I told you that "Zeus" and his buddy "Mickey Mouse" told me that that Mazulu was a 6-year old Gnat Posting from an iPad on top of Mt.McKinley - would you not ask Me to prove it? Or would the onus be on you to prove it yourself?

Mazulu, that is your definition of "consciousness"? With your awesome ability to "copy and paste", you should have been able to do better!

Try this, From : http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consciousness

con·scious·ness noun \-nəs\

: the condition of being conscious : the normal state of being awake and able to understand what is happening around you

: a person's mind and thoughts

: knowledge that is shared by a group of people

Mazulu, how often have you done this? Again, Mazulu, YOU made the statement - so the onus is on YOU to prove it.

10. Mazulu Banned Banned

Can science build a machine that can feel emotionally hurt by all of the insults and ad hominem attacks? The answer is no. You cannot get emotional feelings out of a transistor. If you have to use an organic molecule to create "feelings" then the spirit/soul is most likely coming in through the quantum vacuum.

Prove to me that you can make a machine that has a consciousness that can be made to suffer. If you cannot, then I have to assume that 8 million reports of near death experiences are most likely correct.

11. Mazulu Banned Banned

The fact that 99% of your comments are insults and 1% are flawed assumptions, the fact that you have to throw out 8 million data points to defend your position probably means your position is wrong. We do have a soul that leaves the body when we die.

12. Mazulu Banned Banned

The funny thing is, some of you are scared that you are going to suffer in hell for all eternity, long after you are physically dead. Man made machines don't suffer. The ability to experience suffering requires a soul.

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I just finished watching those, thanks for posting them. I guarantee Mazulu will not learn a thing, if indeed, he actually watches them.

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Creating false scenarios to support false conclusion is not only childish, but very dishonest. Can we therefore conclude your religion has taught you to be dishonest?

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Yes, souls have never been shown to exist. More dishonesty from Mazulu.

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Humans are not man made machines. Souls have never been shown to exist. More dishonesty from Mazulu.

17. Mazulu Banned Banned

How certain can you be there is no soul? The answer is, not very certain at all. Let me explain why. The Heisenberg uncertainty principle applies to all quantum systems. Each molecule of the brain is a quantum system and therefore has a certain amount of uncertainty about it. How ever much uncertainty scientists have about each atom in the brain, there are 457 trillion atoms in the brain. So how much uncertainty is that?

There are 457 trillion places for a soul to exist. How can anyone be sure it's not there?

http://education.jlab.org/qa/mathatom_03.html

Actually, the amount of uncertainty is a trillion times that.

18. Mazulu Banned Banned

8 million Americans have witnessed their souls leave their body. So who am I gonna believe? You? Or 8 million Americans?

19. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Mazulu, since you obviously do not understand the definition of "ad hominem", :

From ; http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad hominem

1ad ho·mi·nem adjective \(ˈ)ad-ˈhä-mə-ˌnem, -nəm\
    Definition of AD HOMINEM
    1.) : appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect
    2.) : marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made

Mazulu, you use these words "If...have to...use...organic molecule...create...then...spirit/soul...most likely...through...quantum vacuum"!!
    Mazulu, do you have any idea at all how science works? If you do not, how do you know that it is wrong?
    Again, Mazulu, I honestly and openly ask that you cite proof of your above statements.

Mazulu, the onus is on YOU to supply proof of YOUR statements.

Mazulu, have you ever heard of : Negative Proof Fallacy?

From : http://logical-critical-thinking.com/logical-fallacy/negative-proof-fallacy/

- quote - : " The negative proof fallacy is where one assumes something is true if it cannot be proven false. It can also happen when one assumes that something is false if it cannot be proven true.

An infinite amount of silly statements might be declared and be completely unprovable, hence we cannot assume validity in the face of unprovability. This is what is known as burden of proof.
    Negative Proof Fallacy Example
    Ambiguous Negative Proof Fallacy

Argument: “X is true and you can’t prove that X is false, therefore it’s true”

Reality: X might be false and simply because one cannot prove a thing false does not mean it is true.
    Specific Negative Proof Fallacy Example

Person 1: “How do you justify your belief in god?”

Person 2: “Can you prove me wrong?”

Person 1: “I don’t have to prove you wrong, you are the one with the claim”

Person 2: “Your just making that rule up, you have to prove me wrong!”

Person 1: “No, for you see living with this type of ideology is ignorant and stupid, anyone making a positive claim or assertion has the burden to prove the claim. Otherwise, any and every idiot claim and false statement would have to be disproven in order to even live a somewhat normal existence. Allow me to demonstrate ‘there is a purple dragon behind the moon that created the earth…now prove me wrong’. It would be sheer lunacy and outright madness to expect you to have to prove me wrong, but it is logical to have to have me back up my claim”

Person 2: “B-b-b-but…”

Person 1: “There there now, let’s go get some iced cream” " - unquote -

******* Mazulu, since the chances of you actually reading the above, and the chances of you actually understanding (being conscious of what it is actually explaining!), I only plead that you DO READ IT and ACTUALLY TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT!! *******

Mazulu, what you Posted ^^above^^ is another example of a Negative Proof Fallacy.

Mazulu, there is really no need for anyone, anywhere to "...have to assume..." anything at any time. Any competent human being has the ability to research, investigate and draw sound logical conclusions about anything and everything!
    Mazulu, when you "assume" you only belittle and ignore what cognitive abilities you possess - if you constantly "belittle and ignore" anything - like your friends, pets, spouses - you may find yourself without any of those things!
    Mazulu, do you want to be without any cognitive abilities?

20. Mazulu Banned Banned

dmoe,
    Did you write anything worth reading?

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Since it has never been shown to exist, nor has anything ever been found in the human body resembling a soul, the probability of souls existing is almost nil.

The question should be posed at the person making the claim, which is YOU. How certain can you be there is a soul? You haven't got a shred of evidence to support you.

Please do not try to invoke things you have no understanding such as Heisenberg. You only manage to look a much bigger fool.

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Bold faced lies are not an argument, they are just lies you made up.

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

No, humans are a result of evolution. That is fact.

False premises leading to false, idiotic conclusions.