6 billion and counting

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by sly1, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Myles Registered Senior Member

Why not do a tour of drought-stricken African and explain to them where they are going wrong ? How about a bit of Vatican rain dancing ?

South East England has constant water shortages owing to a greaer concentration in the area. I'm sure they would welcome your advice.

On the other hand, if it rained for 40 days and 40 nights who knows. Do you knowe of a cheap source of timber which I can buy by the cubit ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Breathing might become a bit difficult if we get rid of all the plants that aren't doing their part by paying taxes or voting. I don't know what part of India people commonly visit, but I went to visit a friend and his betrothed (or whatever I'm not sure what the actual term is) but nothing about the surrounding areas made me consider buying a home there. It was terrible and the children were so frail and sickly looking. There were people sleeping in the streets and there was no space to move anywhere, it was awful. There are few times I have ever been that depressed.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You are either an idiot, extremely ignorant, or trolling..
    Which is it ?

:wallbang:
    Well ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

The resources on earth are pretty much renewable and the earth itself is not a confined system, or?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Pinocchio's Hoof Pay the Devil, or else.......£ Registered Senior Member

That's a bit harsh,have you read the thread...lol I had to look up pronatalist to see what it meant and was warned in post 82..lol he IS 'Pronatalist the unmovable,impossible to topple no condom can hold him Pronatalist'

. Good luck......:bravo:

9. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

We aren't living inside the globe, but on the surface of the globe, and hence, an
    open system, or a non-confined system. Hard to say where is the limit :shrug:

10. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Also, what forms the food? At the end of the food chain, the producers are the
    plantation. In a photosynthesis, the substrate to make the food and hence to
    create plantation are CO2 + water + light. The place where the plantation grow
    are basically on soils. Soils are basically broken rock particles. Earth is made up
    mainly from them. I don't think there can be enough human in the sense of there
    are 'unlimited' resource. Soon enough human will build layers of life on earth

11. Pronatalist Registered Senior Member

Yeah, the earth is nowhere near full, and so we should welcome the world to naturally grow "fuller" of people.

Finally somebody understands my pro-life focus!

As somebody said, either was find space for more families, or we curtail birthrates. Now which do we think the parents ahem breeders would prefer? Well since we are going to have to find or more place for even more families, and perhaps even huger and denser human generations to come, why don't explore how we might do that better?

Yes, sewage could potentially be "recycled," nature already does this, but humans find ways already to make nature do this natural renewal, even more efficiently. They frankly admit to "recycling" sewage on an episode of the last installment of the Star Trek franchise, "Enterprise." On one episode, they have some linkup from the spaceship to some school on the planet, and some kid asks, when you flush the toilet (on a spaceship) where does it go? It goes into a "biomatter resequencer" and it's used to make boots, or whatever stuff people may need. Currently, I think waste-water treatment plants filter off the sludge and bury it or use it for fertilizer. It's processed sufficiently to prevent spread of disease.

Naturally-rising world population density, of course could be a valid concern, but a concern to make sure we are making whatever needed adaptations so that people may go on enjoying having their precious darling babies. By "scooting over" a bit, room enough can be found for everybody, and everybody's progeny too. It's counterproductive to needlessly worry and fret about it, but rather to make the best of the situation. I don't believe that all of nature was meant to be "controlled" by humans, but that humans are commanded to alter nature to better meet their needs. That's why God gave humans dominion over nature and other creatures, as stated in Genesis 1. We are supposed to "tend the Garden," not at all to "worship nature," but to honor God and multiply the people God created, ourselves, in the image of God.

Nature is resilient. The planet can much more easily bear the rising human population "pressure," than humans can be expected to go against nature and struggle needlessly to more "regulate" their fertility. There can simply come to be more places with lots of people and fewer places far from lots of people. So many people like to go on breeding. That's obviously quite possible, but then, on the global scale at least, we shall have to learn and adapt to live and breed in closer proxity to other people, so that everybody can somehow fit upon the planet. So I have long advocated that the various nations all populate themselves up denser and denser with their own people, as it helps the planet to hold so many people people, all the more people to experience life. There's far too many better options, that don't require fewer babies to be born. So why needlessly discriminate against the future generations?, who really would prefer to be welcome to be and become all the more populous. Why not respect the natural flow of human life to flow naturally unhindered, as nature or God would have meant or much prefers?

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It is not pro-life, it is extremely pro-human almost to the point of being anti-life.

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Harsh ? I thought I contained myself pretty well..

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

How much people do you think the Earth can provide with food ?
    10 billion ?
    20 billion ?
    Virtually all plant and animal life will be long gone by the time we reach 20 billion, if we ever get there.

People need oxygen, water, food.
    No animals and plants and we would pretty much run out of two of those.

15. Pronatalist Registered Senior Member

Isn't Africa still about the fastest-population-growing area of the world?

Even AIDS seems to be falling fall short of "controlling" the population growth, as much as some radical population phobics would have liked, it seems. Maybe more people are figuring out that sex is supposed to be monogamous? And/or, humans are getting better at treating diseases and somehow allowing more poor people to participate?

And why should I do a tour, when the gasoline prices are way too high, due to us still irrationally refusing to drill our own oil.

Drill Here. Drill Now. Pay Less.
    americansolutions.com

Sign the petition to lowers gasoline prices.

All you have to do, is go read at overpopulation.com, if the article(s) is still there, about how the "third world" is shrinking, that it now largely consists of a few backward African Marxist dictatorships. That's largely what they are doing wrong. Too much tribal warfare, too much uncivilized behavior, not enough free markets activity.

England is surrounded by ocean, and certainly England would have access to ocean water desalination technology, should it ever become cost-effective to obtain water in such a manner. Doesn't Saudi Arabia already do this?

As I said, allowing water "shortages" to creep up upon people, does not at all decrease their reproductive urges. Babies may still come REGARDLESS. People are going to find water, one way or another, even if they have to buy questionable bottle water, or soda, on the black (or street) market. If adapting is one of humanity's huge strengths, why don't we use it a bit more?

16. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Perhaps I have become crazy or twisted, but I believe that we need more and
    more human.

The output that human can produce, I believe, outweigh the input that they take,
    provided that they utilize their potential until full extent.
    Input = food, water, oxygen,...
    Output = work, energy, technology, ideas,...

Soon enough human will be able to make bridge from earth to mars

They will
    be able to condition mars into becoming a habitable planet. You need more resources
    (human) for that purpose.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Exactly, we are analogous to cancerous cells.
    Extremely hard to kill off but in the end they die by their own success.

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Inzomnia !

19. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Enmos!

How are you, new bf? How are our kittens? Do you take care of them well?

j/k

20. Pronatalist Registered Senior Member

The confining Earth, isn't really so confining after all.

True, the earth isn't really "confined" any more than the human womb is "confined." Yeah, we are stuck in this gravity well, but that isn't at all our eternal destiny.

A baby in the womb may feel quite "confined," but they actually like it that way, at first, even after birth. And such "confinement" doesn't at all stop them from growing. Actually, I think babies trigger their own birth, by naturally "outgrowing" the womb. Why do I say that babies like being "confined?" Because shortly after birth, wrapping them up tight, with their head outside the blanket or cloth, so that they can't wave their arms around, comforts them and helps them relax and sleep. Probably because it more mimics the condition to which they are accustomed, having been for 9 months in the "confining" womb.

Most of the "resources" of nature, are still largely wasted, and not even harvested or tapped by humans.

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I'm serious though, we should be working to decrease the Earths population of humans, not to increase it.

The kittens are well

22. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

There is no need to decrease the human population, they manage themselves.
    Education are getting expensive, housing as well, not to mention insurance and
    health care system. People no longer started to reproduce at 20 or 25. What to
    worry? :shrug:

I went to Paris early this month, most houses are built 7 floors, they are looking
    just ok. Rigid and stable. People worry about this 2.5% freshwater on earth.
    Meanwhile, the 97.5% remain untouchable. Human will find a way to reuse
    and recycle everything in sustainable way.

I am glad that the kittens are well.

23. Pronatalist Registered Senior Member

Look up "pronatalist?" You don't have to go far to look it up. Take your pick. dictionary.com or urbandictionary.com. The latter is my definition that I submitted. BTW, notice all the thumbs up.

Another objection I have to unnatural awkward shoddy contraceptive potions and poisons, is its connection to Big Pharma. Want to know more of that angle? Check out this funny YouTube video:

YouTube - Big Pharma Ultimate Commerical

I much detest them trying to exploit us and turn us into experimental lab rats, for their nasty shoddy anti-life contraceptives.