555 timers

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by philthemn, Dec 14, 2004.

1. philthemn Registered Senior Member

omg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. chroot Crackpot killer Registered Senior Member

The positions of the pins on the schematic are unrelated to the physical positions of the pins on the chip. The author of that schematic just put the pins where they would make the schematic most readable.

If you look at the top of the chip, you'll see one of two kinds of markings: either a dot near one corner, or a semicircular cut-out on one end. The dot, if present, marks pin one. If there's a cut-out instead, hold the chip so that the cut-out is on the left; pin one is at the bottom left. In either case, the remaining pins are counted counter-clockwise.

- Warren

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chroot Crackpot killer Registered Senior Member

Let's take an example.

The line between pins 4 and 8 on the schematic means nothing more than "connect pins 4 and 8 together." The position of pins 4 and 8 on the schematic has nothing to do with the physical positions of pins 4 and 8 on the device. The schematic is not a drawing of the layout of the physical circuit; it is just a description of how the components should be wired.

If you look at the actual chip, holding it so pin one is at the bottom-left, pin 4 is the pin on the bottom right, and pin 8 is the pin on the top-left. Wire those two pins together.

- Warren

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. philthemn Registered Senior Member

omg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  8. Maddad Time is a Weighty Problem Registered Senior Member

I havn't seen a 555 timer in 20 years!

9. Youngler Registered Member

There is not time in this world but the earth rotating . You might not believe there is not time . Let me to tell you , if there is time and time is a deeper thing , I say , if the time did not go in a constant velocity , then would the earth rotate in a constant velocity also ? In another sentance , reasonaly before the inertia principle there must be a time inertia principle . Do you fell it is too complex ? Then what is the time ? I think the time is a method of physics too such as the concept of energy or it is not an elementary thing for the world . The time is just a thought of the motion world . You think , which is the truer one , the time pushes the earth to move or the earth turns out the time ?