5 year old falls through crack of system

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by *stRgrL*, May 10, 2002.

1. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

MIAMI (AP) - DNA tests have ruled out the possibility that a body found in Missouri is that of 5-year-old Rilya Wilson, whose disappearance went unnoticed by Florida child welfare workers for more than a year.

Miami police also said Friday that the two women who were caring for Rilya had failed lie detector tests, though they would not disclose the questions.

Full story

This case has just turned my stomach. Is pisses me off so much, I didnt want to comment on it before - too mad. But now there are more and more twists popping up. Regardless of took the child, the case worker should be charged. She was falsifying reports that the child was fine for months, then the child turns up missing. I think she should be charged with neglect. That poor child had it fu**ed up from the jump - didnt deserve anything that happened to her - and now - gone without a trace.

Take care

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: May 10, 2002
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Yep, that definitely sucks in a big way. I know a girl who had a terrible beginning to life, worse than you might imagine, and she turned out to be about the most amazing kid I've ever known. Luckily she fell into the hands of good people who allowed her to develop this way. It really sucks when people and groups just let kids go to the crapper like that.

People suck. I hate people.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

I think everyone should just go through the gom jobbar test from Dune. The humans live and the "animals" die.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Squid Vicious Banned Banned

Except that going through a Gom Jabbar might mean that an animal with human instincts would survive, and by the laws of evolution would survive to create chaos due to superior intellect and survival capacity.

How unfortunate that human animals often have exactly those instincts.

8. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

But who in their right mind would test a dog or a gerbil?!?