5 separate ufos caught on NASA shuttle video

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by John99, Aug 28, 2006.

1. John99 Banned Banned

This may have come up here before but here is the link to the video:

YouTube link

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And those aren't satellites? There also appeared to be something tumbling during the last few seconds in the upper left hand corner - chunk of ice?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

Hmmm. Too blurry to tell WHICH satellites those are, so I guess, technically, they are UFO's. Though, doesn't "flying" imply an atmosphere? Shouldn't these be Unidentified Orbiting Objects?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

my youtube video is broken so i can't watch it, but unless it shows a UFO landing and little green men getting out it's probably a hoax or MFO (misidentified flying object).

8. Possibly an adjutant to an otherwise doomed post I freely admit, but did anyone who isn't actually a UFO nut in the first place happen to catch a resent series of documentaries on Chanel 5? Hopefully not being to Brit-centric here, I'm sure something similar has been screened elsewhere in Canada and the States...

It was basically a documentary chronicling the exact balls up the first Apollo landing was - the cock up concerning the air-surface radar on final approach, the fact that Armstrong had to resort to the use a ball point pen to initialise the launch booster on the landing module to get them back into orbit, that sort of kidney.

I've often heard the stories concerning the alleged "UFO" which the astronauts on the way out have supposedly alleged to have made veiled references to over open RT transmissions "Father Christmas" or some such, but I'd've never expected to have seen a chap such as Buzz Aldridge, as well as that waistcoated chap running the show down on the ground, not only confirming the rumours on camera but actually showing camera footage of the object itself shot out of the capsule window.

I was wondering, should there be anyone amongst us who isn't simply just a one-sided lunatic that happened to catch the show, what did y'make of it?

9. Carcano Valued Senior Member

I would have been more impressed if the objects made turns. Maybe its just space junk?

10. eburacum45 Valued Senior Member

The objects in the space shuttle video are ice particles dislodged from and propelled by the vernier attitude rockets. Space shuttle videos are full of such icy objects- they are not alien spacecraft.

Mr Anonymous, that documentary was slightly disingenuous as it omitted the most likely explanation for Buzz ‘Aldridge’s’ UFO, which he is quite aware of.
    The Saturn IV-B booster was following a few thousand kilometers behind Apollo 11, but the farings which connected the Service Module to the IV-B were following their own trajectory, and one of those semi-conical farings is the most likely candidate for this object.

11. Novacane Registered Senior Member

It's just some flying saucers from another solar system cruising around looking for good time. That's all they are.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. John99 Banned Banned

Thats what i was hoping to see when i watched it. Space junk or ice would be only slight possibilty because they are completely straight and thin.

I recorded "rod's" on digital video once. I shoot alot of video (local news) and i captured what looked very similar but were about 1 to 3 inch's long and close to my lens. The only real diffeence was that they were smaller.

It took a linear path and lasted about 2 frames (you wouldnt notice it at normal frame rate), this was no bug and cannot think of any reasonable explanation.

13. orcot Valued Senior Member

1/3 inches long isn't that like 5 centimeters.
    I can't say I know much abouth fotography but it could be a partial reflection of the sun

14. Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

... Well, quite. Also fits the description of the shape of object in the film footage after the camera shake was removed: roughly conical, slightly bell shaped. Indeed, I noticed the twinkle in Aldridge's eye as he was relaying that bit.

It just surprises me is all. The smallest fleck of ice captured on exterior camera from a shuttle mission gets "Stop The World - Prove Positive - UFO are REAL!" splashed all over it, but a bit of a story told in an "The One That Got Away" sort of vein relayed on an otherwise straight, non-UFO related documentary, seems to elude any notice at all, entirely...

Makes one wounder what short of television it is people of a sort generally tend to watch....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. John99 Banned Banned

What I captured was exectly like what is seen on the NASA video (which is why i found the video so interesting) but smaller and very fast...not organic.
    Same color, same trajectory, same shape...exactly.

Judging the distance fr. my lens it was 1 to 3 inches long, I dont have the footage anyway (wasnt mine) just describing what I saw.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  16. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Why would NASA release a video where tons of UFOs could be seen if they could not explain them as MUNDANE PHENOMENA?

Let's be reasonable here.

17. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

How did you judge its distance from your lens?

18. heliocentric Registered Senior Member

That speculation has no basis in fact, and i think its rather irresponsible to put it forward as such. The trajectories and distances of the objects involved would make it impossible for these to be ice particles from the rocket, the idea that they even *might* be is absurd. You can see some of the objects partially obscured by the cloud/upper atmosphere, which clearly shows that these objects in flight are so far away from the shuttle the ice particle theory just doesnt hold up.
    Its amazing what people will convince themselves they can see in the quest to find a prosaic explaination. The ice particle explaination has been debunked time and time again.
    Heres a paper on the ice particle theory in relation to one of the earlier shuttle missions, alot of the same reasoning can be applied to this same video.
    http://www.newfrontiersinscience.com/Papers/v03n01a/v03n01a.pdf#search="nasa ice particles ufo pdf"

19. heliocentric Registered Senior Member

there are craft using esoteric forms of propulsion in our skies and around our planet, seriously just get over it. Anyone still labouring over whether there actually are or not is living in la-la land.

20. Facial Valued Senior Member

The slower ones are satellites. The faster ones are meteors. End of discussion.

21. John99 Banned Banned

Hi Pete,

I estimated from where i was standing to a building in the foreground, which was approx. 6 feet away.

I have edited fotage (much of it frame by frame) from DVCam and Panasonic Varicam, i know the possibilities of what can be present and what should not be or cannot be explained...but I am willing to listen and consider explanations.

22. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

OK... but how did you estimate where the rods where in relation to the building?

23. John99 Banned Banned

The distance is not really an issue, but to answer you question-

By relying on depth of field principles, focal plane etc. I would be able to estimate within inch's which is also how i estimated it's size.

The object btw was somewhat translucent- @ 30fps was present for three frame's.