3 clock problem

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by ryans, May 12, 2003.

1. MacM Registered Senior Member

Get your head fixed

ryans,

Get your head fixed. Anybody reading this string will tell you you have just flipped arguement as soon as James agreed with what I had been trying to tell you.

Your assinine slanders are only making you look more stupid every minute. These posts are a good record of who said what and when. If you believe yourself then print it out. Make a book and read the book.

Your are screwed up man and don't try to disguise it by throwing around a bunch of unrelated crap.

You have run out of rope bubba.

Last edited: May 16, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hi, I'm a new member. I was perturbed by Ryan, but mostly by the fact that he's still allowed here after repeatedly calling people fags, motherfuckers, fucks, and assholes.

I reported him. If you all do the same he'll certainly be removed. Do your part to make this place better, and just click report, and then report again.

Being new here, I won't be here much if this continues.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MacM Registered Senior Member

Thanks

LogicalAtheist,

Thanks. James R., has given warnings and has been editing his (and some of my earlier replies to ryan). I rarely lower myself to his level but he seems to think trying to smear somebody enhances his arguements.

It is unfortunate that he now finds I have been right and all his big mouth has accomplished is make him look ______.

He keeps tring to find wiggle room but like I said this string (and others) lay it out. He has been totally all wet.

That is not to say he doesn't know better but he has let his assumptions and smart mouth out run his scientific responses.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ryans Come to see me about a dog hey Registered Senior Member

How have I changed my view Mac you ****.

I haven't changed anything.

Take any elementary course in differential geometry and you will see just how right I am. You have no concept of what relativity is on about. Can you understand that it is called relative for a reason, it's all relative.

Moderator edit: Personal insults removed.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2003
  8. MacM Registered Senior Member

Poetry

ryans,

You are not even a good poet

You just don't know it.

Back in a flash with a series of your flip-flop statements cowboy.

***************** Back ************************

Ryans's Response:"

Yes, but I interpret in a totally different way that you do.
    Do the calculation, it will take about 2 minutes.

From this measurement of Pi, the observer will be able to determine that he is an accelerated frame of reference. When the merry-go-round is travelling clockwise, Pi would be smaller than if the merry go round was at rest. Likewise for the anti-clockwise case.

It can be seen by drawing larger circles on a sphere and taking the ratio of C to d such that d is confined to surface of the sphere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ryans:

Then little Mac whips out his ruler and measures the diameter and circumference of the merry-go round, finding it ratio is not equal to Pi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mac: Interesting:

Considering my point was just the opposite. Pi doesn't change. It was you and Mr Greene that said it would.

the problem does not involve the contraction of the circumference relative to the observer on the m-g-r.

Mac: I post the link and remind you that Brian Greene did and that you agreed.

Attachment: pi1.gif

pi2.gif

Since this is not possible, the observer on the m-g-r MUST measure Pi to be smaller.

(((Now he measures it smaller)))

However he will see the radius change due to radial acceleration.

(((No he won't!!! Any affect on the ruler also affects the m-g-r)))

Pi the variable changes,

The space is changing, the length of the ruler does not change with it.

((((Now space changes the ruler doesn't change, upto now the ruler changed and showed a change in the mearurement)))

The ratio of the circumference to the radius changes.

(((No it doesn't. Whatever affect the ruler at the circumference also affects the circumference. Whatever affect the radius affects the ruler along the radius. There is no measurable change in Pi by the observer measuring along the m-g-r)))

Who said anything about the circumference shrinking?

[by Mac:
    "How else do you propose to verify the Pi ratio between the circumference and the radius (d/2)?"

ryans
    280 posts
    The diameter changes do to the observer being in an accelerated frame of reference.

(((BTW it is "due" not "do". Ask for english the next time you go to school, assuming you can pass the entrance exam)))

the length of the rim of the merry-go-round does not change.Again, know one said that this is the case. The diameter changes.

And stop using the ruler as your measurement instrument. Use a laser or something.

****************** Moons ago I posted this REMINDER about what the subject was really about ********************************

Mac:"chroot,

Good writting as usual but there are several things wrong with your post.

1 - Although you (and others here) like to make assumptions which are baseless; such as Old Mac doesn't know anything. The fact is I know Einstiens equivelence principle and I had already considered the affect of its "gravity" on bending time-space.

2 - You still have to subject the ruler to the same time-space however, bent, if bent and therefore the measurement remains the same. Hence the same Pi.

3 - I have said it several times here. My arguement is not with Lorentz Contraction perse but the examples being given and claims being made.

4 - Further the affect of velocity at the rim (in the direction of motion) is being ignored here. The rim should contract due to velocity and the strut could contract by "gravity" (acceleration) and again there is still no "Measureable" change or change therefore in Pi.

5 - Common guys. Read the posts. I said in the beginning I accept Lorentz Contraction. Stop saying I don't know or don't accept what I have already told you I accept and therefore must know.

Look at what you are saying and why it is simply wrong. We are not in disagreement as to what theory says about contraction we are in disagreement about what relavist say in support of that concept.
    *****************************************************************************
    There is not a damn thing wrong here with what I have said, said before and continue to say.

What is wrong here is you and some others that like to twist what has been said and argue side issues and cast enuendo and pat yourself on the back rather than carry on a factual and useful conversation.
    ****************************************************************************

Last edited: May 16, 2003
  9. Rest assured, he'll be banned soon.

Moderator edit: Remainder of post deleted. Personal insults add nothing to the discussion.

10. chroot Crackpot killer Registered Senior Member

It is proper netiquette to lurk in a forum for a while, to get the hang of the crowd and how the group functions, before posting.

- Warren

11. Chroot - I've been here forever.

MODERATOR: I said absolutely nothing objectional, what's with removing my completel uncontroversial post?

Please explain, I said nothing that could be objectional at all.

Moderator note: Reply sent by pm.