2nd Annual Sciforums Online get-together

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Pollux V, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

So now we have to figure out who'll host, and when, exactly. Avatar and Stryde, how's that dl coming??

This is what I propose:

Chat Room: sciforums (all underscores)

Game: Sciforums

Password: cheeze (all underscores

I propose Primeval Islands (under the Brood War section) because it has eight player capability and a huge amount of places to expand to.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I had problems with download. One file was corrupted ->BrooDat.mpq<- so now I have found and I'm downloading that exact file. I haven't been able to contact Stryder. He's off-line.

I hope tht our version will be playable over b.net, because it is a cracked one. Not so sure with what method though, it depends.

what map- any map- haven't played starcraft for 1.5 years, so I do not remember the names of thm.

cheerz

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Dude that is so newbish. Rushing is fair game, especially in team games.

yeah don't hack. But if you have hack give me a copy too

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I hate island maps because I like to attack nonstop from the beginning. I usually play money maps like BGH. I prefer team games like TVB. Speed in money map is important since you don't have to time to think

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Rushing is not for newbs, its just to give people a chance, like in a protoss vs zerg game. Rushing-wise, if the zerg player is quick enough he will finish off the protoss player if he has ~6 zerglings.

One of my friends gave me a burned cd after my original copy broke so it'll probably be okay, Blizzard is usually pretty good about tracking IP's and stuff but I wouldn't worry too much. If not like I said it's a really cheap game and a hellofa lotta fun.

Joeman, we have to play sometime, outside of sciforums, on a TVB map, like 3v3 zero clutter or something with other people. I'm fairly good, so tell me your name. There's a feature on b.net that most people aren't aware of:

You can have a buddy list. To add someone, type /f add namehere and to view it type /f list. So everyone, add god_emperor, because thatsa meeya! The feature is really, really cool, it'll tell you exactly where someone is if they're online.

So far the people that will hopefully be playing:

Pollux V
    Lesion42
    Joeman
    Stryde
    Azrael
    Clarentavious, but I'm not sure. Claren if you see this confirm that you want to play with us okee?

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

finally I did it. I had to replace files, fix a registry problem, get a crack. pheew. didn't know starcraft broodwar was so hard to get. anywayz I have a working version now. 125mb all. I'll send it to stryder as soon as I contact him. I don't know if I can upload files to his server i.e. i don't know if he needs that space.

I'll send him an e-mail

9. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

That is true for small maps like blood bath but not true for maps 128x128. In bloodbath I always do SCV rush against Zerg

It works. In maps like BGH, zerg can decide to rush, but probability of success is low against good players, and he always gets tag teamed wiped out later if he rushes.

I haven't played for a year and half. When I played I disc a lot even though my connection is perfect. I called technical support and they told me win2000 is incompatible with bnet. Winsock returns some kind of error so I stopped playing it. I don't know if they fixed that problem or not.

Another thing that turns me off is people cheating. I think at least half of people have maphacks. Some people like to cheat, and some people only cheat because others cheat. They don't want to have a competitive disavantage so they feel like they have to cheat as well.

I am good only in money maps. I am not very good with strategy. I am good with speed of thought. I don't know too many maps besides a few money maps.

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Joeman, I am a lot better with money maps but I think it would be more interesting if we did it in a ffa, and that's impossible with ones like zero clutter islands (my personal favorite). I heard that you could actually run duel OS's on machine's, I have windows 98 and I only hardly get disconnected because of my machine. Look into it, Windows 98 is probably fairly cheap and I'm sure that stryder knows something about duel OS's.

11. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Dood, FFA suck. What always happen is when one guy is about to win, everybody gangs up on the guy. I like doing a lot of really sneaky stuff. Usually people want me dead first

Also in FFA people don't attack in the beginning and wait for something to happen. I always wait after people kill each other and then wipe them out

Eventually people are afraid of attacking. In the end you always have a show down between BC's and carriers.

Team game like TVB is much better.

I don't think I have time to screw around with dual OS, but my game / drop ratio is about 10:1. That is a little high but if you can win with me, you can probably win without me also

12. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Dude, post all your user name on bnet.

My name is ExpertLoserTWN

I am an expert in losing. Check out my stats

Right now I am on.

13. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I don't know how long it's going to take me to pull the files back from the server, I know I've sent word out that I'm after my disk back off the person who has it.

So hopefully I will have it back in a few weeks.

Sorry for being Offline, but I was playing Seven Kingdoms II: The Fryhtan Wars, it's AI's aren't too smart, but it can get you if you cant remember what to click and what does what. (Not to mention the tons of bugs like the cultures having the wrong seats of power etc. But that would only be understood by anyone who's played it.)

14. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Hey, I just stumbled across a copy of Brood Wars, so count me in.

15. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Oh this is too awsome-Porfiry do you know how to play? Has it been installed?

Get on those cd's everyone!!!

16. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I haven't played any games in ages. My computer is too crappy, and can't play modern games.

17. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Starcraft isn't really a modern game, I think it was released in '99. If you want just go find where it's sold and check out the system requirements, I think they're fairly low.

18. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

Hey! I'm still playing my good 'ol 1995-96 games on Zsnes. They're still good!

Mmm... Chrono Trigger, Seiken Densetsu 3, Terranigma...

19. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I'm still suffering to get hold of my disk, I can't get it off my server as my download's clock just about enough speed to cover 21mb's in 2 hours, and then the ISP bombs me out every 2 hours (1 1/2 hours in peak time)

Which means my time is limited.

I have however been looking at the multiplayer for Alpha Centuri which could be worth considering, although it's not as action packed as Brood war. Strategy is still important.

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I have another problem. I CAN'T CONNECT TO B.NET

I duno what's wrong. Maybe the version is too old. I duno

So good online game. hmmmmmmmmmm
    as I understand requirements must be below average. Hard hard hard.

If we could get ourselves better computers this Summer we could have a great time at Eve Online . But for now. I really don't know.
    btw Stryder. When you will receive your starcraft cd , please make the disk image file (.iso) and place it on your server. I can not connect to b.net with this one.
    thanx and I really don't know what could we play

21. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Although I doubt any of you have it:

JEDI KNIGHT 2

Hmm, a perplexing question, anyone here have Tribes 2? I have to get my claws on Unreal Tournament, but my parents won't let me buy any M rated games, they're so messed up it's a major pain in the ass. DAMNIT.

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

you are screwed man. My parents don't even know what I am playing or doing on my pc. It's my territory (MUHAHAHAAAA). I've been playing M and 18+ games since I can remember. To be true - I have never sorted thm.

Get older sooner, but enjoy your teens while you can.
    cheers!

23. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Yeah they didn't even do it as a punishment, they just did it because of all the school shootings! They're crazy, and puppets of mass media! Arrrrrrrr! I am screwed! My internet connection sucks so I can't illegally download anything. F*CK!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.