212 Workers Test Positive for TB

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by sandy, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

That's only part of the story. The biggest factor is the administration of antibotics when they aren't needed in the first place.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Max isn't xenophobic or any of the things he pretends to be. He just likes to be the devil's advocate. Whichever moderator gave him the warning needs to have his or her sarcasm detector repaired. Max makes it his duty to represent all the assholes out there who don't hang out in places like SciForums, so our members don't forget that they exist.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Hes doing a fine job.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sniffy Banned Banned

It would be much cheaper to vaccinate people in countries where none is available than to drop nuclear bombs on them, I'll wager.

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

some of us would find the second more scary

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The warning was just to keep the extremism toned down.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. sandy Banned Banned

I like Baron Max. He's smart. And funny.

11. maxg Registered Senior Member

Aren't you glad you never have to leave your house? Of course, as pointed out already, you're more likely to come in contact with an American with TB than you are with someone born outside the US who has the disease. Best to just shoot anyone who comes near the house.

12. sandy Banned Banned

Not true. TB is back because of all the criminal aliens. So are other eradicated diseases like whooping cough, leprosy, etc... The criminal alien invasion of the USA is devestating medically, financially, socially, physically, emotionally, mentally....

13. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

well if they were eradicated they wouldn't be able to come back. and this invasion you speak of is all in your head

14. maxg Registered Senior Member

Sorry but the CDC data doesn't support that claim.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2007
  15. maxg Registered Senior Member

Interesting choice. The TB rate in Tahiti is the same as it is in Mexico, about 6x higher than in the US.

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/tbpc-latb/itir_e.html

16. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Sandy, in light of what has already been presented on this thread, your statement qualifes as an extraordinary assertion. In accordance with the scientific method which guides all discussions on SciForums except those under Religion and Psuedoscience, you are hereby obligated to provide extraordinary substantiation for your assertion, before proceeding any further with this line of argument. I personally posted data from the Wikipedia article on tuberculosis showing that Latin America--the source of most undocumented immigrants--is not a primary source of infection. China, whose immigrants all come here legally, are welcomed with open arms as science and engineering students, computer programmers and other highly-paid professional knowledge workers, and in fact are treated by most of the racists here on the border of the Confederacy as "honorary white people," is a hotbed of tuberculosis.

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I don't know why you'd say that, Fraggle? On post #22 you practically gave the stats to almost prove what Sandy has said. Yet here, you're making it as if Sandy is making it all up. What's the deal, Fraggle, can't keep track of your own information? ..got "old timer's disease"?

Baron Max

18. sandy Banned Banned

The last I read criminal aliens were costing us 2 trillion dollars/year. I would be glad to discuss all their ill effects on my country in another thread. This one is about TB and I have already proven they brought it back here.

19. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The stats show that TB is an epidemic among Chinese and Indians, two nationalities whose immigrants are for the most part documented. It's worst of all in sub-Saharan Africa, and even those immigrants have a very low rate of illegal entry.

20. maxg Registered Senior Member

No you haven't. You've offered nothing but a couple ancectodal reports from a biased news sources. Nor have you addressed others' objections to your claim. :bugeye:

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So it's okay if the TB infected Mexicans and South Americans invade us ....as long as TB is greater in some other nations of the world????

Baron Max

22. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

We're talking about public health. With any disease, a certain level of incoming infection can be withstood without creating an epidemic because of the multiplier effect. For example, the circumcision campaign in sub-Saharan Africa, without curing a single AIDS victim, is predicted to prevent such a huge majority of already-infected people from transmitting it that the multiplier effect will cause it to cease to be an epidemic.

We could turn our borders into a Redneck's Dream of barbed wire and machine-gun turrets that keep every Latino immigrant out, and TB will still be an epidemic because of the influx of people from Africa, not to mention China and India. The reverse is not true.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'm sure your sources are exaggerated, but anyway, how much would it cost to get rid of 12-15 million people? Do you have any idea? How much more will vegetables cost if there were no more illegal workers to exploit? How much more will a new house, or landscaping cost? Did you make a cost benefit analysis>