2016 Republican Presidential Clown Car Begins!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Jan 30, 2015.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

While not fully conversant with American politics, He has always reminded me of her.
    We also have a own Palin protege in Australia...she goes by the name of Pauline Hanson, who ran a fish and chip shop before entering politics.
    She has the similar racist type outlook on life and was once asked by a Media reporter if she was Xenophobic....The reply the reporter got back was, Please explain?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This was her maiden speech.......

http://australianpolitics.com/1996/09/10/pauline-hanson-maiden-speech.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

If too many Trump opponents underestimate him, he wins.

He's Ivy League educated, with a Bachelors degree in economics and a genius level IQ to go with hands-on contracting and real estate experience starting as a very young man. Of all the Republican candidates, he was the best pragmatically educated and the smartest. For straight up intelligence, his only rivals on the Dem side would be Bill Clinton, and maybe Barack (and Michelle?) Obama. He knows what he's doing.

He just doesn't know anything about governing a country.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

How do you know all that? He told someone all that and repeated it. It's not like The Donald would ever lie, right?

I guess you have never heard of the Gentlemen C a la Baby Bush? Money speaks in the American educational system. Trump's father was once the richest man in America. Trump had the best education money can buy. But that doesn't mean Trump is intelligent. His actions clearly tell another story. If Trump would have taken his inheritance and invested it in stocks, he would be a multimillionaire today.

http://gawker.com/how-the-rich-get-into-ivies-behind-the-scenes-of-elite-1699066450

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

Yep, and another big one today.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/

8. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

Don Lemon, on CNN, just read a statement that allegedly goes all the way up to Paul Manifort. The staff is growing increasingly frustrated and fear they are wasting their time.

9. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

Today, Trump called a crying baby a crybaby and kicked it out of the rally.

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

It's on record here and there. None of it is from Trump himself.

Overestimate Clinton, and underestimate Trump - especially as a campaigner, when he isn't getting bored by stuff - and watch out.

11. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

There is no evidence that Trump has ever taken an official IQ test. His IQ has been estimated based on his academic career but it was based on false information.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...cead16-c46e-11e5-9693-933a4d31bcc8_story.html

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    cluelusshusbund and joepistole like this.
  12. iceaura Valued Senior Member

It was also based on his professional career, and other evidence. Con men are very often very bright guys.

I'm a bit puzzled at the movement to declare Trump an unintelligent man. Does he look stupid to you?

More to the point: Do you think that making fun of his grammar, say when he uses "good" for "well" in a tweet (I've been seeing that lately) is a good idea during this campaign? I think those people are playing into his hand.

Takehome: underestimate the guy at your peril.
    Fred Trump was never the richest man in New York, let alone America.
    He would have lost that much money on the stock market? How do you know?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  13. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

I think the motivation here is his unsupported claim of being a genius. Is he stupid? No, probably not. More likely he's a psychopath. Or maybe he is just plain evil [however you care to define that]. I have doubts the man is sane. What seems to be a lack of conscience could be him out of touch with reality.

He is a highly disturbed individual, in any case.

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

It's not just his claim, and it's not unsupported.

The technical cutoff is an IQ of 145, apparently, and of course actual accomplishment can weigh in as well - however determined, the ascription seems quite likely, to me. I see no reason to doubt it.

Again: I don't understand the attempts to deny his intelligence, and I think they're dangerous. One of his advantages in the Republican debates was simply his quicker and clearer thinking on his feet, under pressure, with the cameras rolling - he came off as the smartest guy on the stage, and are you sure he wasn't?

If the criticisms of his debate performances with Clinton focus on things like his grammatical errors, such as using "good" where "well" is indicated, he's going to be President.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Trump announced today his secret state strategy. He claims he will win blue states that no other Republican can win, but he won't say what those states are. ☺

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Maybe he thinks Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA05) can deliver him Yakima and the Tri-Cities.

17. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

'ey, Donny! How you doin'?

Now there's a story out about the GOP planning a tough-love intervention meeting, with their candidate from Hell. Oh yeah, that's gonna do it.

18. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

Yes it is. Post factual evidence to support your claim with respectable links or admit to being out of touch with reality.

joepistole likes this.
  19. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

That's among the least of The Donald's transgressions. Has anyone mentioned The Donald's mob and drug connections?

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/05/donald-trump-2016-mob-organized-crime-213910

And then there is Trump's charity which he didn't donate to for more than 10 years and has used as a political slush fund.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ng-his-charity-as-a-political-slush-fund.html

And then there is the issue of his tax returns. He claims to be under audit and therefore cannot release his tax returns. It's a bogus excuse. First, we have no evidence he is under audit. But even if he were, he can still release his tax returns. It's not like the IRS doesn't know what is on his tax returns. Disclosing them wouldn't disclose anything the IRS doesn't already know. If The Donald is under IRS audit, not all of his prior year returns are under audit. The only reason why The Donald would not want to disclose his tax returns would be to hide something that would adversely affect his public image.

I strongly suspect The Donald isn't as rich has he claims to be and is in all likelihood living on someone else's dimes. In spite of his life style, I suspect The Donald is deeply in debt and dodging debt collectors.

That suspicion is supported by the fact that Trump has repeatedly received a Star tax credit which is based on income. In order to qualify for the credit, combined income must be less than 500,000 dollars. For a man who claims to be worth 10 billion dollars, that's not much income. Combined with his apparent desperate and questionable business schemes e.g Trump University, and what is known of his finances, it just reeks of a cash strapped and desperate man. One of my first jobs out of college was to analyze financials and establish credit lines for folks like The Donald. Obviously, I haven't seen the Donald's financials, but from what I see, from what is known, there is ample cause for concern. Becoming POTUS might be Trump's very novel Hail Mary pass to mitigate his financial woes while satisfying his egomaniacal needs and desires.

21. Ivan Seeking Registered Senior Member

22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

That it's not just his claim is, I hope, obvious. There are lots of people, of varying respectabilities and agendas, making the case that the Donald is a very bright guy. You aren't saying these claims don't exist, I presume - that Donald is the only guy saying Donald is smart - so let's set that aside.

As to the claim that I am out of touch with reality when I point out that Trump has given us many indications of having an unusually sharp, perceptive intelligence - really?

Look, the guy has no visible friends, no mentors, no longstanding personal support for his political ambitions. His father's been dead for decades. He's done this, whatever he's done, on his own. His biographer claims, as do others, that his attention span is extremely short, and that he reads essentially nothing and never has - that, coupled with his biographical record of temper tantrums and behavioral problems, has learning disability and/or ADHD written all over it. So a BA from Wharton is an indication of serious brainpower, and his record - starting at an easier entry and cheaper school but with a core curriculum imposed, he was successful enough to enter Wharton as a transfer student - indicates that he did prove himself academically. If you can't or won't read, you have to be a very bright guy to put up Wharton transfer stats at a liberal arts college with a core curriculum. It's not like Trump's dad was a legacy guy, or old money, or a large benefactor of a school that produced rich alumni by the carload.

So Trump is not dangerously intelligent? You guys go right ahead and think that - nobody can stop you. Especially, make fun of the grade level of his vocabulary and his simple syntax and his direct, simplistic descriptions of stuff. In public. Where other people can hear you. While wearing an "I'm With Her" T-shirt. And good luck to y'all.

23. Beaconator Valued Senior Member

Noone know anything about anything until they do.