2 psychiaric questions

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Mr. Hamtastic, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Gustav Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sputnik Banned Banned

1) have you considered sex ???? .... OK, just joking ........ so do you cut yourself to escape the feeling of emptiness (having no feelings and trying to feel alive by cutting yourself ) .... or to get attention ???

2) Bipolar 2 do NOT normally qualify for getting ECT ...... and ECT will have NO effect on borderline ............
    ECT is for severe manic episodes , episodes of delirium , episodes of severe depressed episodes .... people not eating/ drinking / being psychotic and suicidal (without effect of medical treatment ) ..........

:m:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

I didnt think they did that in U.S. I think he is FOS, about everything.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sputnik Banned Banned

8. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

As always John, you are ever so helpful in these matters.

Sputnik, and everyone else, my psychiatrist has agreed to send me for ECT. Now I just have to coordinate the various documents between the various offices, sign a million or so pieces of paper, and then they will contact me to make my first ECT appointment.

9. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Sputnik-I cut myself to feel a release similar to orgasm, just not centered on my genitalia. Kind of like doing a whippet, but one that clears your head instead of fogging it up. It helps with racing/intrusive thoughts, mostly.

10. Sputnik Banned Banned

LOL .........

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You must be joking, right .........??????
    ECT is for severe and acute cases only ..... for patients admitted at a hospital ..... not for you to sign a million pieces of papers first and delay the matter ......... and wait for people to contact you for making an appointment ......

Exceptionally rare, you can get ECT to prevent severe recurrent depression ...... but only if you were treated with it during an admission at a hospital .........

Hamtastic ....... you must be a joker ......

11. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I am not joking. It is possible that my psychiatrist has not informed me correctly. But from doing research and speaking with my psychiatrist, ECT is an outpatient procedure, and becoming increasingly common as an alternative for those who have trouble with medication. Just out of curiosity, from whence does your knowledge of ECT and psychiatry in general come?

12. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Being a teenager does not make you an asshole, you know.

13. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

No. being a teenager makes you under the age of twenty. Being an asshole makes one an asshole, as many are quick to prove.

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Thank you! It makes me sick how people assume that if you're young you're automatically not worth hearing, regardless of what you might have learned or reflected from life.

15. Sputnik Banned Banned

LOL ......... outpatient procedure .... it is performed during admission at a hospital and during full/general anesthesia , so you need 2 teams .... a team from the psychiatrists and a team from the anesthesiologists .........

You are a joker .... curiosity is good ..... please go on being curious .....

:m:

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i do have to agree with Sputnik, there is no way they would do this just under madaz like the ambos do shocking a heart. futher more there is no way in HELL they would let you go straight home after it

17. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Well duh, that's what happens to the market for any product or service when consumers are not required to pay full price for it. In full-blown communist economies, the entire country is underfunded and after it dissipates the surplus left behind by the system it overthrew, it collapses.
    I would probably not go so far as to suggest that because there's still a bleeding-heart hippie inside of me. Nonetheless, market-based health care could easily be justified by the high (albeit not 100%) correlation between a person's prosperity and his productivity. If you let the people die who are educated and responsible enough to have an income that can pay for their medical care, and save only the ones who can't pay for it, you're going to end up killing off the people that keep your economy functioning and your country will go down the toilet.

Nonetheless, it doesn't have to come to this. The whole purpose of the insurance industry is to spread risk so no one has to pay the full price for his extraordinary medical care.

The real health care crisis in America is actually the combination of an insurance crisis coupled with a crisis of unreasonable expectations.

1. Merely adequate medical insurance has become unaffordable for a large segment of the population. There are a variety of reasons for this. One is that insurance is optional, so young healthy people often take the gamble of not buying it, which increases the price to the older and less healthy people who need it. Even in a libertarian paradise I can't escape the conclusion that insurance must be compulsory. Another reason is that the medical industry has been taken over by accountants and attorneys, so overhead has become a significant component of medical bills, while medical decisions are made by bureaucrats instead of doctors and nurses. My opinion of corporate business is well known on SciForums, as is my prediction that that economic model will die off in the Post-Industrial Era.

2. Science has delivered astounding advances in medicine. Treatments, medications and surgery are available for maladies that were invariably fatal in the early years of my own lifetime. Yet the fact that these remedies are available does not make them affordable. Every American assumes that if some day he needs a hip replacement, heart surgery, or cancer treatments, that it will be no problem to provide him with it. Whereas in fact these miracles use up a lot of labor, energy and other resources that somebody has to pay for. The cost can easily be a significant fraction of the patient's lifetime income. We cannot expect these services to be routinely provided unless we're willing to pay perhaps ten percent of our annual income for medical insurance--either directly via a free market or indirectly via taxes in a socialized economy. The fact is that most people simply can't afford to insure themselves against this type of risk, and simple math says that the country as a whole can't afford to insure the entire population either.

I think that insurance has to be mandatory, and I think that we have to educate people to understand that only the most prosperous citizens who can pay for miracle surgeries can have miracle surgeries.

18. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/electroconvulsive-therapy/MY00129/DSECTION=what-you-can-expect

At least google "ect what to expect" before making an ass of yourself.

19. sniffy Banned Banned

oh oh oh sputnik not just any ass....
    Him very knowledgeable ass.

20. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

I don't care haw smart an ass that smartass is. He is making himself out to be a ver stupid smartass with his inability to research something, just to declare someone is lying out of hand.