19-year old girl in Egypt patents new propulsion technique

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Kittamaru, Sep 12, 2014.

1. OnlyMe Valued Senior Member

Maybe it is not I that is the optimist? From what I can tell any short term application of an EmDrive or Plasma Drive, would be limited to satellites and or longer range space missions. Thus the only military application would be as station keeping thrusters on military satellites and in that case the Satellites, the thrusters would likely out last the technology they are serving. Didn't the DOD give NASA two brand new state of the art space telescopes not long ago? You think they did that because they had too many? More likely they gave the. Away because they had developed better technology before putting them into service.

No, I cannot see this kind of technology having any practical military application, in the near term. Most if any military application potential will come long after initial development... You know from perhaps second, third and fourth generation implementation when a great deal more is known and understood about how it functions.., IF IT FUNCTIONS IN VACUUM AT ALL.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kx000 Valued Senior Member

A better explanation is that energy is born. It's virtuous like energy is. What ever equates to life.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. forrest noble Registered Senior Member

Shawyer has claimed to have a device with components compatible with vacuum testing and that he has already made such test. There are no "certified" test to date since prior prototypes had components that are not compatible with vacuum testing. I expect within the coming months that we will hear of such certified testing.

Yes, there is no consensus explanation how the device could work.

Yes but such components cannot be inside the device as they would be microwave "fried." They just need to change some external components and fill the internal resonance chamber with a more more compatible gas for vacuum testing, or possibly add a pressure escape valve for the resonance chamber.

Presently they are looking at the device as being serious competition for satellite ion drive. This does not require very much thrust or competition with gravity. A much larger heavy-lift device, if it would work, would require supercooling and superconductivity, according to Shawyer and other sources.

Me too

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

-- Looking forward to a full-scale prototype. My own theory of it is closer to NASA's explanation than any other, which involves the Zero Point Field. If GR and QM are both wrong then their compatibility would have no meaning to it. This would not necessary discount the equations of either, or their application.

I am more of a blazing optimist concerning the future of devices based upon this design in general

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.