1635 online - 10 members, 1625 lurkers

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by rodereve, Jan 17, 2013.

1. rodereve Registered Member

decided I'm not going to be a lurker. I've never really went out of my way to participate in intelligent discourse, usually just perused my university forums or game forums for random discussions. The closest I've been is YA Answers (Religion), and that's just a cluster of hard conservatives on either side lol

Googled a few ambiguous terms and came to this site, not sure if its the most popular/active forum since there's only a few amount of members compared to guests, but I'll give it a shot.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

there also people who give it a shot and people who gave it a shot. Which one are you?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Welcome to the forum rodereve. I am on several science forums and will show only as a 'guest' save when I log in to post. It can be rather difficult to determine how many of the numbers showing are actually human posters and how many may be 'bots' gathering data for the search engines. It is quite amazing how quickly anything posted on a forum will show up on a topic search.

Under 'Quick links' above, you can also view 'Who's Online.'

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

:soapbox: don't open that can of worms.
    :wave: now get posting.

8. rodereve Registered Member

Good point. I'm guessing the bots/afk would just idle on the mainpage, so I tallied up all the actual "viewing" within each category, found around ~300. I thought that was a reasonable amount. What other forums are you subscribed to