10 top tips to look after your mental wellbeing from the Mental health Foundation

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by common_sense_seeker, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Thank you for each and every uplifting tip, css. I wasn't feeling crazy enough to benefit, until you posted this thread in the wrong subfora (only because the discussion would get too political to stay on topic in World Events). hunh? yeah... Even though I might know what you mean and you me. I'm going to get back to work on some of those tips.

Right now I can only offer one humble tip in grateful return: I know that you haven't been here long, but you are already keenly aware that mental health is on the line whenever good people seriously discuss whirled events. So I'll try and leave a lasting "thread moved" breadcrumb in WE as I move this thread, and I promise to refer to it now and then for first aid / triage purposes.

It would be nice if we had people in white coats to take us away when we're too nutty or naughty in Sci. All they issued me was this black trenchcoat, still warm, and a little large. But now, I am girded in The Tenfold Path too. And most of all I just try to keep the Golden Rule in happy mind.

:cheers:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

World Events Moderator Note: Forwarded from WEs to yous for your consideration here- à votre sanité!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

Great, a guy with mental health issues started a thread giving advice about mental health.

I guess the irony is lost on him.

8. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

No it wasn't..

9. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

:cheers:

10. River Ape Valued Senior Member

Pretty decent list.
    I note omission of sex -- but this can be included as a subset of #4.
    (Though I am not sure how far you want to do it "socially"!)
    I would add the recommendation that one live ones life in a spirit of Thanksgiving. I am not offering this as a piece of religious advice; in fact, I would counsel against trying to figure out to whom or to what thanks are due. But COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

Well, see, if it wasn't, and those tips worked, we should see some improvement in your mental state.

I can't wait.

Oh yes I can, because it isn't going to happen, because you need professional help, not ten tips from the internet.

12. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Oh dear, poor phlog...You never notice that you only criticise without giving constructive advice via empathy and understanding do you? Nay mind.

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

Constructive advice, I've given plenty, like telling you to realise your opinion on many matters, from cosmology to cryptozoology, to your delusions about your career are a product of your mental illness, and to seek professional help.

But instead, you keep on posting your delusions here.

Do you understand and accept that you suffer from delusions?

Saying no means you do not understand your own problem.

14. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I hope you will accept some humble constructive advice, phlogistician: PM your advice when it's particularly personal.

I would have offered this advice in a PM, but I recognize that others are also often guilty of this. We all suffer with our own delusions to some extent, but when we get real specific about them, I think that they are best exorcised in private.

15. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Here's something more topical, that I can internalize:

Your Brain on Computers -Matt Richtel

16. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Bah! They don't mention music, dogs and chocolate. How could we survive without them?

17. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Cost money for one? Downloading of music should be free without fear of prosecution imo. Music was free for the people down the millenia, and offers intant wellbeing. It should be a human right to have access to the latest sounds.

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

Ah, but CSS posts his delusions in public. I doubt anybody is naive enough to take him seriously, but just in case, I think the rebuttals, and root cause analysis of him posting them, need to be public also.

He's admitted on another forum to suffer from Aspergers, and indeed it was mentioned in his profile here for a while. I hope he is seeking professional help, because he's not going to become a productive member of society without it, if his contributions here are anything to go by.

19. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

lol. Thanks for the concern phlog. I didn't know you cared..

20. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Apparently he does. He also knows more about you than I, all to his credit.

21. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

He's obsessed with discrediting anything I say ever since I took the p*ss about his boasts of having a "genuis IQ which is undeniable". I followed up his assertion with a link to a report from Ragay Omah which concluded that IQ tests were simple indications of how successful a white person would be in a western society and NOT a direct measure of 'intelligence'. He can't handle the truth of course. I wish him every success in the forthcoming new world view though.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

.. show that you can improve IQ score by studying and practice, so that the score is not a judgment on overall intelligence, but on intelligence on an IQ test.

23. common_sense_seeker Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador Valued Senior Member

Try telling that to phlogistician

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. He's so proud of his white supremacist IQ score he's probably got it on his T-shirt!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.