Threads seem to be getting locked for no reason.

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by WillNever, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillNever Valued Senior Member

I think they are not even reading them before locking them for no reason.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. skaught The field its covered in blood Valued Senior Member

Yeah I agree. I understand if the mods want to close a thread for whatever reason, but it would be nice if they gave some explanation...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fellowtraveler Banned Banned

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Will never, you have a serious point. Please don't let it get derailed by fellowtraveller aka Dr. syntax who is smarting from being banned on The Science Forum by someone who also moderates here. (One suspects he is doubly peeved that the admin has thrown it open to the members to request he be reinstated.)

I saw no reason to close the thread you linked to in your op. I have complained for years that action without explanation is rude and it is dumb. Since my previous observations have established that superstring is both of these things I am not surprised by his actions.

Presumably calling for the breakup of the US is a treasonable action.

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I can't see any reason for locking that thread. I will take it up with the moderator concerned.

Perhaps if you read the message posted in the thread by the moderator.

Do we know you? You don't appear to have been banned from sciforums before.

I agree. I always post an explanation when I close a thread.

9. fellowtraveler Banned Banned

REPLY: Well you certainly are good at confusing things. First, I am a loyal American WAR VETERAN who would gladly give my life to preserve the USA. Gladly. We are the last best hope for mankind. And you seem to be part of this CABAL that follows me around trying to make a fool of me. Skinwalker banned me from that other forum after another forum member called me an ASSHOLE and I responded in kind and told him to take a flier. Because YOU CHOSE to bring this up I will gladly go into detail about it all and what happened in the other forum and such. Be sure you want to want to do that and check in with MR.SPOOKY HAND: Skinwalker. You people and your avatars are pathetic. You and all your pals will never bully or intimidate me. The thought, that you think you can amuses me. I am not the OLD FART you think I am. That PRIMAL THERAPY STUFF actuallly does work and you age much slower than NEUROTICS for one thing and my family does live as long as I said they did, into thier 90s and 100s even when they are totally neurotic. You people do not intimidate me at all. You and the rest of the CABAL CAN TAKE A FLIER as far as I am concerned. You can go for a plane ride where ever you desire. That is what I mean. ...fellowtraveler

10. TFL ʞǝǝƃ ɐ ʇsnɾ Registered Senior Member

I can see why you've been banned if you react like this to small statements. I suggest you calm down, the administration around here is strict.

11. fellowtraveler Banned Banned

These people have followed me around the different science forums seeing to it that my posts get locked and I get banned. That is was WHAT this thread is about. You know nothing about what they have done to me. It took ophiolite 13 minutes to respond to my posting here in a new forum under a new name. How would you feel if this was happening to you ? Her words are a testimony to the fact that they have their ways of knowing who I am and that they do follow me about. Thirteen minutes from my posting to this person`s response. Explain that to me or anyone else here in this forum how I with a new name, and in a new forum, and everything can be tracked down so rapidly. I do not know how they do it, only that they do. I can not get away from them. And HOW you or ANYONE ELSE IN THIS FORUM WOULD FEEL ABOUT IT IF IT WAS HAPPENING TO YOU. THE PROOF IS THERE IN THE TIME RECORD OF THIS THREAD. Scroll back and see for your self and tell me I am a liar. ...fellowtraveler

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  12. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

There are some people who just can't seem to handle that bit of power, especially those who asked for it.

13. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Hmm, a bit paranoid? But you know, when you use the internet you should also know that there is no anonymity. Sorry to break it to you.

14. fellowtraveler Banned Banned

REPLY: When it is real it is not paranoia. I was a new poster in this forum using a different forum name. Read what she says. She informs I everyone I am AKA dr.syntax and all the rest and in 13 minutes of my posting. I never said I was dr.syntax and yet she knew I was. I am a new member to this forum. How does she manage to track me down and respond in 13 minutes and WHY ? I did not start this thread in case you did not notice. I was a responder on topic. How would you like it if people followed you around the web ridiculing you ? Why is it OK for people to ridicule me ? ...fellowtraveller

15. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

But you have yet to prove that it is real.

Wouldn't that indicate that you're the one doing the "stalking"? After all Ophiolite has been here ages.

Because cranks become easy to spot and recognise?
    Maybe the invisible squirrels that carry internet messages from one PC to the other blabbed.

She?
    You seem to attach some dire significance to 13 minutes. Would you have felt better if it had been 12? Or 15?

Because you're ridiculous.
    It's that simple.

Communist?

16. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Wow, you really need to cool your jets and get a grip. For one thing, you're clearly confused because it was YOU who openly said you were dr.syntax in the email address you provided YOURSELF!!!

Sheesh! What a disturbed grouch you are!

17. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

LOL, he's making himself crazy. Dr. syntax..tsk tsk.

18. fellowtraveler Banned Banned

REPLY: I FOUGHT THE NVA FOR 2 YEARS , DOES THAT MAKE ME A COMMUNIST LITTLE MAN. I am ridiculous ? What are you with that pathetic avatar. A PUNK. ...fellowtraveler

19. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Banned for your own safety.

20. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It says:
    So it's hardly a secret why it's closed and who closed it. On top of that it's probably temporary; until it's cleaned up.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Clean up what? Which post is against the rules?

22. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Hmm, I was wondering what happened to the Bah bah black sheep thread..it's been under review for like a week now. :bugeye:

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I can understand why that one was locked. string is helping me to focus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.