Analyze my dream please

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by draqon, Sep 3, 2009.

1. draqon Banned Banned

I recently met with my parents past week, flew to D.C to meet them. A week has gone past and I have had a dream unlike no other. That is because I discovered a relative I never knew who is as close to me as my parents. But my dreams have become ecstatic. In one of the dreams I am flying up a mountain and she is flying right beside me, down from below a man is shooting arrows at her but I shield her with my body and catch the arrows in my hands that start bleeding, some arrows come very close to her, so we both escape up into the mountain above into the sky.

The second dream today I had was remembering the meeting with my parents that past week, however my mother is holding pictures in her hands, and is telling me not to look as she sees something horrific there. Incidentally one of the pictures slides out of her hands and I see it, there in the picture I see me and my mother standing on an edge of cliff smiling as though we don't know it is there.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

You are longing to take that trip to Mars.

Now my turn....

Last night I had a dream that instead of having Bruce (dog) we had a chimpanzee as a pet.
    He was running around the house and Nietzsche was chasing him. He kept taunting Nietzsche and would stop, squat down and smile at him saying I am going to take a crap right here. The Chimp was laughing
    but didn't actually do it. Then he would start running around and doing it over and over and Nietzsche couldn't catch him. I was laughing the whole time and actually woke myself up because I was actually laughing out loud in my dream.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

could it be that you are very happy, and your dreams show it, shorty.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

I am longing for her, not Mars.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. swarm Registered Senior Member

Dragon invokes the symptoms of hysteria on the supposition that they are the substitutes - the transcriptions as it were - for a series of emotionally accentuated psychic processes, wishes, and desires, to which a passage for their discharge through the conscious psychic activities has been cut off by a special process.

These thought formations which are restrained in the state of the unconscious strive for expression, that is, for discharge, in conformity to their affective value, and find such in hysteria through a process of conversion into somatic phenomena.

If, lege artis, and with the aid of a special technique, retrogressive transformations of the symptoms into the affectful and conscious thoughts can be effected, it then becomes possible to get the most accurate information about the nature and origin of these previously unconscious psychic formations.

In this manner it has been discovered that the symptoms represent the equivalent for the strivings which received their strength from the source of the sexual impulse. This fully concurs with what we know of the character of Dragon, which we have taken as models for psycho-neurotics, as they have become diseased, and with what we know concerning the causes of the disease.

The hysterical character evinces a part of sexual repression which reaches beyond the normal limits, an exaggeration of the resistances against the sexual impulse which we know as shame and loathing. It is an instinctive flight from intellectual occupation with the sexual problem, the consequence of which in pronounced cases is a complete sexual ignorance.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I was the chimp..

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You are longing to take that trip to Venus.

Speaking of which, what the hell is your fascination with Mars? Is it a latent gay thing?

11. draqon Banned Banned

good lord Enmos are you sure you are not a stand-up comedian at a local bar?

12. draqon Banned Banned

Perhaps you are correct. But I fear of loosing my innocence. Its no longer that I do not believe in myself, I just dont want to let go of ...

13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I couldn't resist

Edit: Oh crap.. that's what you get for not reading the OP. I thought you were talking about some girl. Sorry.. lol

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I had one where:

I was out in some woodlands at night, it was about midnight and the sky was pitch black and there was no moon. I suddenly realized I had to get home, but I didn't want to walk home by myself in case I got attacked.

Then I noticed the shadows made by the trees seemed to be moving and morphing. They looked like wolves. Then I felt safe, I thought, it's okay, the wolves will protect me.

Go figure. O_O

15. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Actually,:scratchin: now that I think about it there was a striking resemblance!

Especially those hairy legs of yours....LOL

16. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

As close to you as your parents?
    What does that mean?
    A long-lost sister?

My guess is that you are in love with this person and you believe that acting on this desire wil harm your relationship with your mother.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Perhaps he meant to say "I discovered a relative I never knew I had, who is as close to me as to my parents. "

18. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Some guidelines on dream analysis: Jung says that all of the people in your dream are you, possibly different components of your personality or "spirit" that are trying to get your attention or just negotiating with each other. The only exceptions are the handful of people who have been significant figures throughout your life. Your parents, probably your siblings, your spouse if you've been married for a major fraction of your lifespan, possibly your children.

There are whole books on what specific images usually mean in a dream, from fire to flying to various animals. Freud also has older theories on dream interpretation but Freud is not taught anywhere these days except in medical schools.

In general it may not be so important to actually solve a dream as if it were a puzzle, but rather simply to work through the thoughts it generates as you examine it. It's like a novel: you don't have to understand it completely for it to enrich your life.

How does it make you feel? Why?

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I'm wondering if all women or just some women dream of being the outside of a sausage roll?

20. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure I fully adhere to the rules on interpreting dreams. Your own symbolism and interests surely decide what your dreams mean. For example, if some random person had a dream about a wolf it may have meant they had something to be afraid of. For me it would be a good thing, I like wolves.

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Huh? :huh:

22. draqon Banned Banned

YES

YES

:bawl::bawl::bawl:

23. draqon Banned Banned

I want to meet my sister, she is so much like me. I cant keep the happiness inside me anymore.