Tropico 3

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Stryder, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

So there I am, humming and harring about getting hold of X3: Terran Conflict via Steam. I eventually decide to and while waiting for the download I decide to have a peak what other games are available.

Turns out there is a new Tropico on the way. For those of you that never played the original, you become the presidente of an island where you can try to maintain complete liberty for the islanders or go completely Totalitarian. The game itself was an RTS/building game and the developers diaries from the period gave a great insight into creating a game on a budget.

This new version however looks as if the license has passed hands from Poptop (if they still exist) and it looks as if the complexity of the game has come that much further. Obviously I've only had the same public access as anyone else to what's available on the subject (screenies etc) but it definitely looks like they've funded the development far further than original. It should be interesting to see if the gameplay has any similarities or if they have managed to capture the same music score (The music score for the original alone sold the game.)

Heres the teaser site, now repeat after me "I must not over hype, I must not over hype..."
    http://www.tropico3.com/en/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Wow! It looks great!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I remember the first versions... it's a tricky game...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Liked the first one not the second one. Maybe it will be more like the first one.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I agree with you on that. The First was definitely better than the second and by the looks of it all the models from the first have been remodelled for higher definition gameplay. With vehicles added to roads etc. It looks at face value as if it's moved from the RTS Sim to Sim, but we'll only know closer to the release date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.