How do I create an Album?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Stryder, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

This question has been asked a lot and well, it's about time someone points it out. So "How do I create an Album?"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Firstly make sure you are logged in, then move your cursor over the Community link to bring up the dropdown list. Within the dropdown list will be the option Pictures & Albums

You'll be greeted by a page that contains all the current available albums and you can pick either link shown in the image to create an album.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

so Sciforums actually hosts those images?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

When creating an Album, you'll be asked to fill out certain information like a simple name for the group and a simple description. The option of Public and Private should be easy enough for most to understand, just remember if you post images publicly, you'll need the consent of the copyright holder (otherwise us moderator's might have to remove things in the future) My example Description is actually misleading, Albums are User created (One Member access) if you want to share images that's where Social Groups comes in, which is mentioned further down.

With the album created, your next screen will be pretty unimaginative. So it's time to liven it up and upload an image. You'll just have to click one of the Upload Image links to do so.

This page will contain a form that allows you to pick which images you would like to upload. I would suggest you upload the correct size to begin with, otherwise the Sciforums servers will be busy trying to squeeze your images to the right size rather than coughing up page and page of the usual rhetorical arguments.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

On the next page after selecting what images, you'll have the option to give your image a caption. This is just to let people know what is in the image. You can be a little more descriptive than my example, I'll leave that up to you.

Once you're done you should see your image in your album. If you look at this image though down the bottom gives you a handy dandy way of using your image in a Social Group. If you click Add Picture to group you'll be greeted by the next page.

That page will show you all the images you have in albums, you'll be able to tick the corner of the image you want to share with a social group and if you already belong to a group/have created a group you'll be able to pick from the dropbox which group you want to share the image with. Just click the Add Pictures button to share the image(s) with the group.

Hope that will clear up how to use the Albums. I haven't covered everything but feel free to check the FAQ for more details.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.