clusteringflux: THANKS SCIFORUMS!

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by clusteringflux, Nov 14, 2008.

1. clusteringflux Version 1. OH! Valued Senior Member

I just want to say thanks to all the folks here at sciforums. I joined just over a year ago during a tough time. Regardless of the talk of the sciforums of great and of late, many here have taken the time to address my comments with nothing but a will to help me and little to gain, otherwise.

When I joined it was so exciting to me. I've never really been anywhere and I'd never seen an international message board.. Suddenly, I'm talking and comparing models with people all over the globe. It is amazing to me, still.
    Now, I can understand that I add to the unscientific practices around this place. I have no education and base my opinions on experience. Thanks to those that have pointed out the limitations to this approach.

And I wasn't always the conservative type and the decision walk away from heavymetal music and drugs to have a large family left me with few people to talk to.Though I really didn't come here to find "friends" I certainly found some friendly people.
    Also, thanks to all you "crazy liberals" in politics. I really do enjoy reading you guys. In my attempt to exorcize my own demons, I'd forgotten many of the things that make the american left great and powerful and you helped me put them back into perspective.

Lastly, thanks to the administrators an mods. You guys don't get enough credit for your efforts. It's a thankless job, but even though most of you can't relate to people like me, know that I appreciate your time and would hope you to stick with it long enough so that even one more person could have the experience, here, that I have.

I don't know how much I'll be posting in the future but I'm sure I won't be able to resist the occasional "smart" remark. But the fact is, I don't belong here.
    I'm not sure if I belong anywhere, but I will take this forum experience into the future with me, and though I don't have anyone ITRW to tell about it, I will think of it with admiration, inspiration and gratitude.

Thanks, guys, for the laughs,lessons and conversation.

Until later,
    -clusteringflux

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Damn, we made somebody happy and improved their life.
    Where did we go wrong?

Take care CF, see you around.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

Let us pray for clusteringflux, he is no longer with us...departed, but never forgotten, always in our memories will be the joyfull years with clusteringflux. Sciforums will once and forever cast a legacy of a member who truly made the life an epic of today that it is, a miracle indeed.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Thank you for your input to this forum as well clusteringflux. :cheers:

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Many thanks Clustering, it has been great having you in the forum and reading your posts. I hope to read more of them in the future.

And it is true the mods are the unsung heros of the forums. They take a lot of grief but still put in the time to make this a better forum fof all. I want to again add my thanks to the mods.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You don't belong here ? Why not ?
    Anyway, good luck in your adventures in the outside world and come back some time

So long Uncle Matt

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I disagree. You participate in discussions intelligently and have a POV. Thats all that is needed

11. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Maybe you can convince SAM to be my third wife before you leave?

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So long, clusteringflux! Thanks for your gracious comments, it will be our loss.

-SG

13. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

We've just lost Spud Emperor and now you also go ;_: I am sorry to see you go.. Take care CF, I hope you'll be back sometimes.

14. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Later Clusteringflux!

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

this is one of the great redeeming qualities of sciforums.
    no matter what your education level, from practically zero to Ph.d., you can find someone here to relate to and we have the moderation team to thank for that.

this is why i said all of the "the mods are shitting on me" threads needed to be shit canned.

16. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Your welcome.

17. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

Thanks for bucking the trend of whiney posts my friend

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Good luck, clusteringflux.

19. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

No, thank you for the contribution.

20. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

You always came off as an asshole in my opinion

21. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Who? Me?

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Goodbye and happy trails CF. I always enjoyed your comments and your repartee. You will be missed, always.

(...see you tomorrow? :shrug

Best regards,

Geoff

23. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

By all rights, I don't belong here, among the elite-thinking we have here. Sometimes I feel that education seperates me from those I respect the most. I have tried to make my mind more malleable, for that reason, to be molded a bit by the expert hands that lie here. It's too bad that you are leaving. Good luck to you, and may your loins be fruitful.