Far Cry 2!!

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by lucifers angel, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

What a total let down, i bought it on saturday and finished it yesterday, has anyone else here played it yet, and what did they think of the lame ending?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You.. gamer !

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i finished it by accident, it has 3 endings and they all suck!

and yeah i like to game

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I have only seen Far Cry 1, and played a little. It looked nice, bit weird though. Not my type of game I guess.

8. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i just guess i like weird

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Nothing wrong with weird I always said!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Fallout three sounds more my type. I loved Freelancer, And while thats a totally different genre, the set up is the same.
    RPG+ shooter.

11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I figured FC2 would be garbo considering it is not actually made by the people who made Far Cry and Crysis. Crysis is the real sequel. FC2 is no good.

12. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

yeah i agree

13. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i found crysis to be quite shit actually. after pumping an entire magazine into one soldier(just a regular old scout, nothing special) and having him still standing there, i pretty much gave up on it. the only way you can actually kill people it seems is to get within hand-to-hand range and shoot them in the face with a shotgun, which makes stealth near impossible.

14. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

You should take off the silencer and try to surprise them with a headshot.

15. Joaquin Sleuth Registered Senior Member

Farcry 2 is nothing like the first Farcry, but it's okay, just nothing special as all the places feel the same and the ai could be a whole lot better too.

Fable 2 was only 6 hours long, and the stuff and grandeur promised never came to fruition.

Crysis Warhead was a very short game, but an enjoyable game nonetheless.

Fallout 3 is the best game of this year easily, just awesome and way better than oblivion.

I just appreciate a good game.

16. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

Is it any good multiplayer?
    I wouldn't normally bother with the one player game.

17. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

What about Forged Alliance? I was thinking of downloading that. How does that compare to warcraft or starcraft?

18. Joaquin Sleuth Registered Senior Member

If you mean Supreme Commander:Forged Alliance, which came out in 2007, well that was a good expansion, nothing more.

19. Joaquin Sleuth Registered Senior Member

Farcry 2 has a great map editor for multiplayer, but the multiplayer is just nowhere near as fun as Call of Duty 4.

20. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Does anybody know if Crysis Warhead includes Crysis? They say it is a standalone exapnsion, but does that mean it includes the entire original Crysis game with expanded features and content?

21. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Never mind. It's not an expansion. It's a sequel. Why do games do that? Especially Grand Theft Auto. They came out with GTA3, and shocked everybody when they claimed Vice City wasn't GTA4.

They aren't expansions. Expansions which I first saw in Warcraft are supposed to be content/feature additions to the original games. That, Warhead is not.

22. Joaquin Sleuth Registered Senior Member

Crysis Warhead is much more optimized than Crysis, which is great really, but still has it's hangups even with tri sli gtx 280s. It was a good game for what it was, but it could've been longer.

23. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Sounds good. I'm getting Warhead right now. I just want to play it for the graphics/physics/effects. A shorter game that is more enhanced is preferable to me. I did notice some sites where people said Warhead uses more enhanced graphics, but the scenery is better in Crysis. Does Warhead have an editor as well?

Does DX10 really make a difference? I use XP32-bit, and have not found any way to install DX10 on it. Is it really that necessary?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.