De-Modding SAM?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Balerion, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balerion Banned Banned

Is there any chance of it?

I thought it was commonly accepted that a moderator should be objective and reasonable in their arguments...and yet here we have SAM, who constantly belittles the other person, never listens to reason, and rolls her eyes at us when we provide truth.

It's my opinion she should not be a MOD.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Ah, you see, these kinds of threads will be locked:
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=79023

You are not allowed to speak.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

S.A.M. is a moderator in Biology & Genetics and Science & Society. What instance of her moderation in those two subforums do you judge as not objective and unreasonable?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I think she/he can't be at all objective about anything related to the USA. Nor can she/he be objective on the Israeli/Palestinian issue.

If she/he can't be objection on those issues, can she/he be objective on other issues?

Nope, SAM should NOT be a moderator.

Baron Max

8. lightgigantic Banned Banned

objective and reasonable arguments ..... listen to reason .... the provision of truth ????

..... perhaps these issues could warrant a mention on forum guidelines .....

:xctd:

9. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Should she be a Mod? NO

Will they ever take her job away? NO and it doesn't matter what she does, or how many complaints or reports are made.

When a Mod lies, and tries to "Trick" members monitoring their every moves and making accusations with no proof....It is time to take that power away.

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=86579

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2048414&postcount=239

Avatar did NOTHING compared to what SAM does, yet he was ripped of his Modship over 1 incident. I have never even seen the members complaining about him, like they are consistently about SAM....It's BS!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

So Plazma, quick question, if you don't mind.

Why do you demote one of your better behaved moderators, Avatar, yet you allow Sam to troll and destroy almost every thread she touches, and with so many members complaining about her?

What say you?

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

May I remind your words you said just yesterday:

13. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

What's sad is I think SAM is deep down probably a decent person, she's just unfortunately not the type to let ethics get in the way of order (or science or anything cold and sterile.... shit, the more I think about it I guess she probably isn't a decent person deep down... bummer...).

14. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I guess I gotta eat those words in your case. I really didn't think they would do what they did to you. I was not hoping YOU would get banned for doing what you did. I don't see why the hell they would ban you over 1 incident, especially since most of the members here don't have a problem with you. It is complete BS. I think they are just really pissed off that you revealed first hand what we all have been thinking all along. There is alot of BS going on behind the scenes.

Maybe you can answer this then. Why do you think they tossed you out so quickly? when your mod ship hasn't been questioned before (or has it) Why do they keep SAM on who gets report after report, complaint after complaint about her behaviour and abuse of power but they DO NOTHING about it? I think a lot of us really would like an answer to that one.

As for this thread, we will see how long it lasts, and what happens to JDawg for starting it.

15. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

I'd like to ask again:

16. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

You are just SAM's # 1 fan aren't you?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I am not going into it all again, you see the links read them.
    You were actually in those threads if you don't know what is going on, I can't help you.

17. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I don't know for sure, but Plazma was concerned that I might "breach the privacy of mod forum" once more.
    I also didn't act against any member, which is sometimes tolerated, but my actions could be seen as an act against the modship.

For my part I really was just trying to be a good science mod for my subforum so there had been no mass complaints against me before, just a few trolls and preachers as usual.

Can't help you with your question about SAM, I don't know anything about that, and even if I did, it would have been private info, but I assure you I don't, otherwise I would have said that I know, but can not disclose due to privacy.

18. superstring01 Moderator

Oh, lord... this again?

~String

19. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

That's the primary kernel of interest. Fast dramatic action against avatar without a warning, and for what?
    Generally there's a lot of leniency on mods, he could have broken any number of "member rules" without anything happening. But to the powers that be what he did was earth shatteringly unacceptable- he, as a mod, found something not right with the way the modship was operating, and he alerted the people to make sure it didn't play out as he feared.
    Bang, he's gone.
    Think about what this indicates the modship really is. I jokingly say "dark legion of doom" or whatever, but it's not really a joke, that's exactly how they operate, to the letter- like a shifty shady underground organisation that's up to no good.
    There's nothing ambiguous about it anymore. It's a really dodgey setup. Time for a change.

20. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

You really think that if you are not objective about political issues you can't be objective about scientific ones?

Also, you need to back this up. Where in her forums was she a poor moderator.

We don't need to use deductive logic.

Well she must be a bad moderator cause of things she said in forums where she isn't moderator.

If this is true, then you can directly link to places where she was a bad moderator.

Examples are always better than 'proofs'.

21. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Oh please, I disagree with her plenty of times. That doesn't mean I can't disagree with you too. So your biggest complaint is that you were tricked? That you automatically jumped to the false conclusion that moderators can track PMs? That barely sounds like grounds for de-modding.

22. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

Exactly.

23. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

I think the best way to approach a thread like this is to tell people that SAM likes these threads. She likes the anti-SAM threads. Research will show this. And her no doubt soon gleeful participation will show this also.

So if you don't like SAM, don't give her presents like this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.