Sterilization for Abortion, a fair compromise ?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Cazzo, Oct 1, 2008.

?

Do you think the parent(s) wanting an abortion should be sterilized afterwards ?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  3. Other

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Cazzo Registered Senior Member

There's a lot of people dead against abortion in the U.S., and likewise a lot of people dead for abortions in the U.S.

How about this for a compromise.......
    For women getting abortions NOT because of rape, incest, or her life's at stake :
    Abortions are legal BUT, the woman getting the abortion must also be sterilized during the same procedure.

By the same token, if it's the father that insists upon an abortion, both the mother and father should be sterilized.

Anotherwords, if a woman or father is so personally irresponsible as to need to kill her/his baby because of a mistake she/he made, she/he loses the right to have an abortion or baby in the future.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

Why.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. vslayer Registered Senior Member

the stance of most who support abortion is that it is your body to do with as you wish, how is mandatory sterilisation any different to banning abortion in that sense?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Possibly the dumbest thing I've read on the forums today. Congratulations. That's one hell of an achievement.

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Actually it isn't a bad idea; after all they ARE irresponsible right? And that lack of responsibility costs the life of a poor baby.

9. Roman Banned Banned

Haha.
    It's just a baby.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I don't get it....but ok, haha

12. Cazzo Registered Senior Member

This thread isn't about making abortion illegal....

But it is about people taking responsibility for their irresponsible actions.

13. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I disagree. It's the dumbest thing I've read in a week at least. And that's quite an accomplishment when OilIsMastery is active.

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I've got a better idea: if some man who does not think abortion is OK has sex with a woman who does think abortion is OK, we should sterilize the man.

Consider the enormity of the evil he is willing to enable, in his own eyes. Clearly, he should be prevented from taking such a risk.

15. superstring01 Moderator

Was the quiz a joke?

~String

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My sister-in-law got pregnant while on the pill. She was taking other meds and it negated the effect of the birth control. Not everyone who gets pregnant is an irresponsible twit.
    My other sister-in-law got pregnant after my brother had a vasectomy (it didn't take). They already had more kids than they could afford.

Which one of them should be sterilized Cazzo?

17. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what a fucking stupid idea

I will point out that if PB got pregant right now, with me still at uni and her as the houses only form of finatial surport we have already decided that she would have an abortion

HOWEVER we both despratly want kids as well we are just intelligent enough to know we cant aford them right now

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

umm orleander

im sure your brother would have liked to have been sterilised at the tax payers expence if he had already had one vasectamy

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My sister-in-law got sterilized after having the twins. She was NOT happy.

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

did she sue the doc who performed the vasectomy?

21. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Okay, so you want to sterilize people becuase they are making a rational decision when against all odds they end up pregnant?Damn, that has got to be the stupidest thing I have heard all year, and that is saying something in an election year.

22. Cazzo Registered Senior Member

I have a feeling people getting abortion for the convenience of it (at the expense of the baby's life) did it after being sexually irresponsible much more often than some 1/1000000 chance that the condom broke AND her pill didn't work......

23. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

But making a law like that is just as bad as making abortions illegal. You just wouldn't go to a professional. You'd do it yourself, which is oh so dangerous. Or you'd be like my friend and force a miscarriage. Also not wise, albeit safer than poking yourself with a hanger.