Fannie May , Freddie Mac greased the top Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buffalo Roam, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Fannie May , Freddie Mac greased the top Democrats

1. Dodd, Christopher J
    S
    D-CT
    $133,900

2. Kerry, John
    S
    D-MA
    $111,000

3. Obama, Barack
    S
    D-IL
    $105,849

4. Clinton, Hillary
    S
    D-NY
    $75,550

I wonder if this had any influence on Chris Dodd,chairman of the Senate banking committee? What were these fine Democrats doing besides nothing?

Obama?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Invest in Democrats
    Published by Lindsay Renick Mayer on July 16, 2008 5:27 PM | Permalink | Comments (9)
    (For an updated chart that includes contributions from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae's PACs and employees to ALL lawmakers back to 1989, including to their leadership PACs, go here.) and data The federal government recently announced that it will come to the rescue of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, two embattled mortgage buyers that for years have pursued a lobbying strategy to get lawmakers on their side. Both companies have poured money into lobbying and campaign contributions to federal candidates, parties and committees as a general tactic, but they've also directed those contributions strategically. In the 2006 election cycle, Fannie Mae was giving 53 percent of its total $1.3 million in contributions to Republicans, who controlled Congress at that time.

This cycle, with Democrats in control, they've reversed course, giving the party 56 percent of their total $1.1 million in contributions. Similarly, Freddie Mac has given 53 percent of its $555,700 in contributions to Democrats this cycle, compared to the 44 percent it gave during 2006.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

There are 6 Republicans in the comities and 19 Democrats

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have also strategically given more contributions to lawmakers currently sitting on committees that primarily regulate their industry. Fifteen of the 25 lawmakers who have received the most from the two companies combined since the 1990 election sit on either the House Financial Services Committee; the Senate Banking, Housing & Urban Affairs Committee; or the Senate Finance Committee. The others have seats on the powerful Appropriations or Ways & Means committees, are members of the congressional leadership or have run for president.

Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.), chairman of the Senate banking committee, has received the most from Fannie and Freddie's PACs and employees ($133,900 since 1989). Rep. Paul Kanjorski (D-Pa.) has received $65,500. Kanjorski chairs the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Insurance and Government-Sponsored Enterprises, and Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are government-sponsored enterprises, or GSEs.

Top Recipients of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
    Campaign Contributions, 1989-2008

Name
    Office
    Party/State
    Total

1. Dodd, Christopher J
    S
    D-CT
    $133,900

2. Kerry, John
    S
    D-MA
    $111,000

3. Obama, Barack
    S
    D-IL
    $105,849

4. Clinton, Hillary
    S
    D-NY
    $75,550

5. Kanjorski, Paul E
    H
    D-PA
    $65,500

6. Bennett, Robert F
    S
    R-UT
    $61,499

7. Johnson, Tim
    S
    D-SD
    $61,000

8. Conrad, Kent
    S
    D-ND
    $58,991

9. Davis, Tom
    H
    R-VA
    $55,499

10. Bond, Christopher S 'Kit'
    S
    R-MO
    $55,400

11. Bachus, Spencer
    H
    R-AL
    $55,300

12. Shelby, Richard C
    S
    R-AL
    $55,000

13. Emanuel, Rahm
    H
    D-IL
    $51,750

14. Reed, Jack
    S
    D-RI
    $50,750

15. Carper, Tom
    S
    D-DE
    $44,389

16. Frank, Barney
    H
    D-MA
    $40,100

17. Maloney, Carolyn B
    H
    D-NY
    $38,750

18. Bean, Melissa
    H
    D-IL
    $37,249

19. Blunt, Roy
    H
    R-MO
    $36,500

20. Pryce, Deborah
    H
    R-OH
    $34,750

21. Miller, Gary
    H
    R-CA
    $33,000

22. Pelosi, Nancy
    H
    D-CA
    $32,750

23. Reynolds, Tom
    H
    R-NY
    $32,700

24. Hoyer, Steny H
    H
    D-MD
    $30,500

25. Hooley, Darlene
    H
    D-OR
    $28,750

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Let's bring some truth to yet another thread by Buff that does not tell the whole truth.

This is a link to a site disclosing the fannie mae and freddie contributions:

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2008/09/update-fannie-mae-and-freddie.html

PAC contributions to Democrats and Republicans are basically the same about 1.5 million for each party. Where they differ is in employee contributions. Employee political donations favor the Demorcats by two two to one.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

But to individuals, 19 Democrats, to 6 Republicans, and those Democrats are on the Committee's that regulate Fannie May , Freddie Mac, not general campaign contributions.

The real story on corruption of the Democrats.

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes and Obama recieved, the third largest campaign contrubition, from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, only behind, Christopher J Dodd S, D-Ct, and John Kerry, S D-MA.

Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.), chairman of the Senate banking committee.

Sen. John Kerry, Long-term Growth and Debt Reduction committee.

1. Dodd, Christopher J
    S
    D-CT
    $133,900

2. Kerry, John
    S
    D-MA
    $111,000

3. Obama, Barack
    S
    D-IL
    $105,849

9. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Gee, I thought it was the Republican GOVERNMENT that bailed out Freddie and Fannie...

Let's strike another one of Buffie's "let's shot ourselves in the foot" threads!

P.S.: Or if you want to push it, then yes, there is not a dime difference between them.

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Obama received 6k from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mae. That is signficantly below the average Fannie Mae Freddie Mac donation of 8k. As previously pointed out, the worker bees at Fannie Mae and Freddit Mac, like fellow worker bees across the nation, gave Obama 120k. Equating what the worker bees donate to what management donates is just sheer nonsense!

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

6 k?

3. Obama, Barack
    S
    D-IL
    $105,849

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No it's not the Republican government that Bailed out Freddie and Fannie...it was the Democrats who wrote the Bill's, they are the one's who hold the chairmanships of the Committee's, and they are the ones who hold the majority in the House and the Senate, they just severed it up and the President signed it, and I don't agree with that.

The House holds the purse strings, and the Chairman of the Committee's have received 100K plus of donations from Freddie and Fannie...and seem to really be taking care of them, a cheep buy if you ask me, the integrity of Democrats doesn't command a very high price.

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Yea, Buff with the Dems hold the House and have a slim advantange (not a majority) in the Senate...it is their fault. Got news for you, The Federal Reserve is not funded by Congress. It is self funding. It does not require nor receive funding from Congress. It is technically owned by all member banks. Board governors are selected by member banks with the exception of the Chairman. The Chairman is appointed by the President.

And it takes both the House and Sentate to pass a funding bill plus the signature of the president.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The president has veto power, so the Republicans are in control.

"Bills" doesn't need an apostrophe, as it is plural not possessive.

15. Cazzo Registered Senior Member

I guess when a senator filibusters a bill then, they're in control too, huh ?
    Or how about when the party in control of the House of Reps or Senate prevents a bill from getting to the floor, they're in control too, huh ?

It takes 2 to tango....

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I love the, whirl wind spin, that they put on the truth about their own,

Obama's right hand caught in the cookie jar, and his left in the can of red paint.

17. superstring01 Moderator

I'm okay with the bail outs. The US government has a vested interest in protecting Americans, even those in inefficient corporations.

~String

18. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Especially as most of the people protected who are are stock holder's, are the average American, Worker, and Retired, and those trying to Retire, we are not the Fat Cat Stock Holder's, that Obama doesn't want to bail out, to not bail out the Stock holders hit us right in the retirement, and every hard working American right in the pocket book, and savings.

19. BlueMoose Guest

Isnt there other partys to choose from...

CĀ“mon, form a new party, its all set for certain victory, just ask Ron Paul to lead.

But seriously, its the same shit here, smaller nation where everybody knows each other
    is easier to keep in "check", our thruth/no nonsense movement PerusSuomalaiset
    has been gaining ground and "media" (those whom decide) did try to do to party leader Soini same treatment what Ron Paul had, but like I said smaller nation, easier to see who is bullshitting or acting shady and they didnt dare make him invisible, result relatively big win, and now he is keeping in check the greasier ones, thats why I never will vote with tactics like voting some else than your first choice because of some third candidate, it would kill real discussion in politics.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Over the last 10 year period Obama received 120K in donations from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Pac and employees. Only 6k came from the PAC. And in this election Obama has refused Pac donations from all sources.

When I send money to a candidate, my employer is also named. It does not mean in any way that my employer agrees with the candidate or supports the candidate. My employer does not influence my political opinions or donations.

I know this is hard for you Buffie. but let's try to stick with honesty here.

21. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I am being honest, and look at the information, Democratic Honor sell cheep.

There is a tactic called bundling, and the Democrats are very good at it, and it still comes down to the fact, that the money came from Freddie and Fannie, and was used to buy influence, yes the PAC gave only $6,000.00 but individual contributions are $2,100 per election and each step is considered a separate election, the People who ran Freddie and Fannie, the Cooperate Heads could each give $6,300 a year, how many sat on the Boards of Fannie and Freddie, and would benefit by their campaign contribution, plus the PAC donations,

($2,100 to a candidate per election (primary, runoff and general elections are considered separate elections)

Federal Campaign Finance Rules:

What's Legal?

Individuals May Give up to:

$2,100 to a candidate per election (primary, runoff and general elections are considered separate elections)
    $5,000 per calendar year to a Political Action Committee (PAC) or State Party Committee that supports federal candidates
    A maximum of $10,000 per calendar year to State, District or Local Party Committees that support federal candidates
    A maximum of $26,700 per calendar year to a National Party Committee for the support of federal candidates
    A maximum of $101,400 during the two-year election cycle (2005-2006)--this total can consist of a maximum of $40,000 to all candidates for federal office and a maximum of $61,400 to all PACs and Party Committees that support federal candidates
    There is no limit on individual independent expenditures made in support or opposition of a candidate. Such expenditures many not be coordinated with a candidate and they are subject to special reporting requirements

($6,000 to a candidate per election (primary, runoff and general elections are considered separate elections)

see table here: TABLE

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010