Galactic Republic VS United Federation of Planets

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by SkywalkerJedi, Mar 22, 2008.

?

Which one is better

1. Galactic Republic(Star Wars)

48.5%
  2. Unite Federation of Planets(Star Trek)

51.5%
  1. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Here is a fair forum which is better Republic or Federation, i dont just mean their military i also mean the Senate vs The Federation goverment. And the beauty of their capitals( coruscant vs san fransisco ).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

The republic is a country the federation is an alliance, so the republic is more organized and stronger than the federation.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

I simply think San Fransisco is more beautiful than Coruscant will ever be, Star Fleet Headquarters, wildlife, the gardens.

I still think Coruscant is pretty neat.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

no, the Senate hall, the four moons, the giant spacecrapers, senate dome, Jedi temple, Imperial palace, prophets of the dark side headquarters, and many more artifacts that Federation's San Fransisco can never build. Do Earth have four moons? no! do Earth have giant star destoryers flying around during wars? no! do earth have double sun? no! do earth have busy air traffic ? no! do earth have giant buildings? no! do earth have alot of Jedi knights, and clone troopers policing around to take care of surcuity? do earth have LATT gunships and V Wings flying around? no do earth have a giant military base? no!

8. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

San Fransisco is in harmony with nature (and is has Cafés, so there argument over).

True about Courscant, but there's more than just buildings to a location. (ISD are beautiful? :bugeye

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

nope Star Wars have Cafes too " i used to have lunch there" Mara Jade Skywalker in New Jedi Order, and it attack of the clones Obi-Wan went in a Cafe. Federation is not a contry, it is simply an ALLIANCE not a COUNTRY. do federation have giant senate halls like the Galactic Republic? no! the federation is simply more curropt than the Republic!
    don't get me wrong San Frasisco is very beautiful, but Coruscant is better

10. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

This is what San Fransisco should look like
    Empire takeing over Earth

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

[/IMG]

11. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

actualy Paris is the federation capitol, San Fransisco is just starfleet headquaters

**edit** well it's a little more complicated than that, the federation presidents office is in paris, the federation council (the legeslature) meets in San Fransisco, so it's sort of a dual capital deal
    http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Federation_Counciledit>
    http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Paris

Federation is about equal to the galactic republic in it's approach to state hood.
    The United Federation of Planets (commonly referred to as The Federation) was an interstellar federal republic, composed of planetary governments that agreed to exist semi-autonomously under a single central government, and to share their knowledge and resources in peaceful cooperation and space exploration.
    http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/United_Federation_of_Planets

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

okay but do the federation have a giant Senate hall? no! Do the federation have many planets as the Republic? no! by the way Coruscant is bigger than Paris and San Fransisco. The Republic's Senate is larger and better than the Federation Concil.And the buildings look awfully short to me

13. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

i don't know about you but i'd hate to live on a planet that was 100% urban sprawl... might be a cool place to visit, but... i like trees

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

there is trees, when the Vongforming begun there is ALOT of trees. and if you like trees you would like Kashyyyk

15. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

I find this image very offending! :bugeye: And Wong made this piece of shit just to piss ST fans off! Has he no pride in the planet on which he lives on!?! Why do you blindly support the galactic empire anyway? I've got news for you, the empire is and should be considered evil.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  16. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I don't support the empire, i hate it! i like the jedi, and the Republic. if there is a war it's more likey that the federation is gonna start it not the Republic. Republic never invaded anyone, they simpily defend themselves.

17. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I made my intensions clear that, i hate the empire, so next time don't tell me i am supporting evil, i support the republic, democracy, and the jedi order!!!! i am only using the empire as an example it can be replaced with the flying fortess form Ace Combat, or borg ships, even federation patrol ships.

18. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I have a Darth Vader avantar doesn't mean i like the empire, i like Anakin SKywalker, because he is the chosen one, the sith'ari and the most powerful jedi/Sith evere

19. Cody Registered Member

Umm, I support the Empire. In fact, I wish Luke would've stayed on his little planet of Tatooine and Obi-Wan should have died in Episode 3.

I think Coruscant is much more beautiful than San Fran. Nature, feh.

20. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Me too, cafe(haha) what a pointless argument, who want a cafe when they have huge resturants and the Imperial palace.

21. Cody Registered Member

I also have another example of a cafe. In Republic Commando: Triple Zero, the Commandos make their base of operations in a three-floor cafe.

22. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Republic don't need cafes. they have good restraunts.

23. Cody Registered Member

Like the one that Kal went to in Triple Zero. I'll find the name when I have time. He liked to eat nerf or something there.