Keep Disconnecting From Game

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Blake2, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blake2 Registered Member

I play this online game called Eudemons Online, been playing it for a year and a half now. This problem started 6 days ago or so when I will log onto the game I will be on it for a couple minutes and then it will disconnect me, I know its not the connection because I will still be online else where and I don't get interupted from other games I play. I have re-downloaded and re-installed the client at least 5 times but it still doesn't work. Any and all help will be appreciated.

P.S. I also re-formatted the computer and it still doesn't work lol

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

what kind of internet do you have? do you have a wireless router? firewall?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Blake2 Registered Member

I have a wired modem which hooks from the wall to the modem to the modem to the pc and I have disabled all firewalls because I thought that might have been the case.so no wireless and no firewall. This situation baffles me.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

you have no router?

8. Blake2 Registered Member

No I dont since I only use one computer/one thing that only needs to be connected to the internet I didn't think it was worth buying.

9. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

have you checked your network settings to see if the allow incomming connections option checked? If you have a windows security program you might want to see if the game is on the always allow connection list in the security options.

10. Blake2 Registered Member

hmmm *smacks head* How do I check that?

11. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

go to windows firewall in your network connections click the exceptions tab and check your game if its on the list, if its not hit add program.

Also i would run the game and then hit Ctrl Alt Delte and see if there are any other programs running that take your bandwidth in the task manager tab, if they arent vital close them, and if you dont need them remove them.

12. Blake2 Registered Member

It is already on there, but the firewall is turned off because after I added it, it still didn't work....I think I'm screwed

13. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

There can be all number of possible reasons and some of them aren't actually related to the computer you run it on.

For instance:
    The games most recent patch might be bugged either as-is or because of a corruption while downloading or installing. If it's the patch itself, then reinstalling it will just reload the bug each time. (At least it's not as bad as the EVE update that messed with people boot.ini file and stopped peoples OS's booting up)

If someone else is logging in via your account details it might cause a conflict where you get logged out. Obviously this eventually would be spotted by the games company in the logs and you'd probably find them contacting you. (Just remember that no employee of such companies that run games like that will ask for Credit details or your account password)

If you've installed any programs to calculate anything or 'cheat', then it's possible you might of undermined your systems security and the logging out is in fact a trojan controlling your machine.

If you are running other programs like Share networking software, VoIP or other media streaming software you could have a port confliction. If more than one service is trying to use the same port it nerfs the connection resulting in a loss of data. If a retransmission doesn't occur (as with UDP ports) then it will cause corrupted data and probably log you out.

I hope that helps, can't really tell you much more without more diagnostics on the system. But I would suggest you get in contact with the games Support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.