Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by RubiksMaster, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

Does anyone here play TF2? I just bought the orange box, and I can't get enough of this game!

I am th3juggl3r if anyone wants to play with me.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Same.. I'm new and addicted.
    I'll add you (flam******)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dr Mabuse Percipient Thaumaturgist Registered Senior Member

you guys on PS3?...

right now i'm working on prestige mode again on COD4, and i just opened Unreal Tournament 3, so my Orange Box is sitting on the shelf unopened...

i have wanted to play team fortress ever since i saw the first one... but it's only now i have TF2 on the PS3 game...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

Cool. I'll probably playing a lot over the weekend.

PC.

8. Dr Mabuse Percipient Thaumaturgist Registered Senior Member

Newman!!!

9. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

Got the Orange Box for PC, TF2's the best! I kinda wish Valve would get around to making new gameplay modes like they supposedly will, but it's pretty amazing how fast player-made maps come up, it pretty much makes up for it! It's kinda neat how each class will utterly dominate certain situations while pale hopelessly in others, and how simply having some people on voice chat will unify everyone enough to crush an un-coordinated team, best player class setups I think i've ever known.

Portal was great too, but second or third time through and i can beat the game in just a bit over an hour, it's short as hell... Cute song at the end though, makes the game kinda worth it really, lol.

The half-life episodes... I dunno... felt lacking. Like it felt like alot of the same level design elements and thought processes, just amped up to be longer, more intricate, or just more things to kill. The real kicker was episode one when you run back and fourth from the train to the house like, five or so freaking times... way to squeeze every ounce of playtime out of a single level... maybe there's something I'm missing and that part was alot of fun for some people, but to me it just felt kinda cheap. But, considering it was half-life 2, it was still fun as hell, I guess I just expected a bit more from it

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Did you feel the same way with Deus Ex? Utilising Maps for more than just one pass make sense, although I liked the way Deus Ex handled it in it's day where depending on what events were triggered would decide on what parts of the map would no longer be accessible and which parts of the map had opened up.

I haven't looked into it but there is currently a T.B.A. for Deus Ex 3 on the XBOX. Let's hope they manage to get back to what made the original so attractive and why the second felt poor in comparison.

As for Team fortress 2, It's also available on the XBOX I haven't really played it though as I didn't have any noob's to get use to the game with. Pretty much getting chucked straight into a lobby of veterans isn't the way to go, especially when the controller layout is different to other Multiplayer shooters.

11. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

I got the game a few days after it came out but even then, alot of people that are CS vets and such had enough intuition to figure everything out quickly enough to pwn us noobs. The thing I did to get used to the game mechanics early on was to just go into empty levels and try things out, see how to be an engineer or other classes, learn the levels and all their neat little nooks and cranies, and evaluate kinda on-the-fly what certain situations might unfold at those spots and what would be the best way to use the terrain to one's advantage. Then you go in and just have fun, heck, I still average a 1:1 kill ratio but it's fun as hell though

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Portal was one of the best games I've played in the last 5 years. Short but sweet. I wasn't expecting it to be so funny, but the end credits really sealed the deal for me. There'll be more Portal I'm sure, maybe as another standalone game, maybe as part of the Half Life franchise.

The cake is a lie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.