why do conservatives call those who disagree with them unamerican or not patriotic

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pjdude1219, Nov 17, 2007.

1. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

why do conservatives call those who disagree with them unamerican or not patriotic? i never understood this and would like a conservative to answer this for me. i rarely if ever here a liberal call some one unamerican or unpatriotic for disagreeing with them.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

What makes you think they do? On what evidence are you basing your belief or opinion?

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

these are the reasons talk radio, fox news, and conservatives who post on this forum like you

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So, ....how many people are we talking about? What percentage?

Or do you always base your opinions on such few numbers and/or insignificant results?

Baron Max

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

few numbers most conservatives people in the media do it i don't think that is a small number or insignifigant results

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's the last refuge of the scoundrel.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

That's why.

11. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

If you going to make broad, generalized statements like this...It's nice to post at least some examples to support your argument.

What policies are you referring to, or are you saying conservatives call people unamerican or unpatriotic concerning everything? Or are you just talking about the war in Iraq?

Are you just talking about conservatives in the media, such as Rush Limbaugh, or all conservatives, including Joe Sixpack?

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Well, there was the time Tucker Carlson called Mayor Newsome of San Francisco a Nazi. Strangely, though, this was in response to the city's decision to reaffirm its sanctuary status for immigrants. And there was the time Bill O'Reilly called Markos Moulitsas a Nazi because the Kos apparently has a sense of humor. And who could forget the President's "with us or against us" line? Or Karl Rove's smear of Max Cleland as unpatriotic and a terrorist sympathizer? Voters responded affirmatively, so it would seem at least some everyday conservatives feel the same.

While I recognize PJdude has inquired about a broad generalization, I think the response so far has demonstrated conservative insincerity. Some folks, apparently, haven't been paying attention to the last six years. And that's fine. It's good to know, in fact. There's no point in taking these folks' opinions seriously, since they're not based on anything.

And, of course, I will note that our esteemed associate PJdude does, in fact, need to learn that he does, in fact, need to comb years' worth of letters to the editors of various newspapers, however many hours of conservative radio and television programs, and, of course, the endless litany from conservative politicians because it seems that these folks are so ashamed of their behavior that they would rather forget it.

My advice is to pity these sad conservatives. The problem with checking their brains at the door is that they have a hard time getting them back, or even knowing when it's time to do so.

It's their party, and they can cry if they want to.

13. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I just wanted him to clarify his question, nothing else...It's just one of my pet peeves when people make generalized statements about an entire group of people, no matter if they are conservative, liberal, white, black, American, European, or whatever.

14. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

To answer your question, it is helpful to know what non-conservatives--such as yourself--agree amongst themselves is what it is to be "American" and what it is to be "Patriotic".

Can you be specific?

15. Gustav Banned Banned

its tradition

When anyone transgresses the taboos of a tribe, they can, and often are, ostracised or even expelled. An example? Say some people oppose a war. What happens? They are often called cowards and told to leave the country. Who hasn't heard the insult, "You're a coward! If you don't like it here, get out!" People who say such things think they're being patriotic; in reality they're acting like animals. Emotional, irrational, herd animals, prone to the fear and flight activated by propaganda. Individuals think; groups do not, and cannot.

Narcissism is our inborn tendency to see everything as grandiose or devalued, good or bad, with nothing in-between. It's why nearly every tribe in the world—and nations are just tribes writ large—called itself "the People," "the Humans," "the Chosen," "the Motherland," "the Fatherland," or "the greatest nation on earth," relegating everyone outside the tribe to a devalued non-people, non-human status (aka "collaterial damage"). No wonder it's so easy to kill the outsiders—they're just not quite human.

When you combine those three concepts, you have the basis for all propaganda. If a leader of a tribe tells the people their goodness is under attack by insane, evil people who want to destroy them, they will react just like animals and attack. The Nazi propagandist Herman Goering noticed all you had to do to get people to march off to war is for the leaders to tell them they were under attack, denounce protestors as traitors exposing the tribe to danger, and the people would slander, ostracize and expell the protestors, and then tramp straight off to be slaughtered. He said this technique worked in every country of the world.
    The State and its Lies

ja ja, hoary goering quote

You're a coward! If you don't like it here, get out!"

truth of which is borne out it in most complaints threads in sci.
    a mod troll

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  16. Gustav Banned Banned

ahh, masterful
    ja, mr g?

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

generally speaking of conservatives with influence

18. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

personally i view both in rather broad terms. i see being american as being a citezen and like the constition. for being patriotic for an american i believe is supporting our freedoms and trying to better the country while being tolerant.

19. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

So, how's that New Hampshire take-over thingy happening for you big-L folks?

Interesting that you folks and the Jehovah's Witnesses estimate just about the same number of early subsribers will just about fit perfectly into Heaven's available space.

20. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Broad and floosie are synonyms.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

just what in the holy hell does floosie mean?

22. Gustav Banned Banned

big l?
    fuck them
    i am a wild eyed left wing loon
    and i hate pansy assed dems

23. Gustav Banned Banned

what yer drinking, g?