WTC Building 7 on 9/11

Discussion in 'World Events' started by battig1370, Jun 23, 2007.

1. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

Larry Silverstein said, "they made that decision to pull, and we watched the building collapse".

WTC Building 7 was a planned demolition. Why?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

It's simple, really. It WASN'T a planned demolition.

"Pull" doesn't mean to demolish a building, despite what those ignorant conspiracy-theorists would have you believe. When he said that, he meant "evacuate" or "pull the remaining firefighters out of the building" because it had so much structural damage.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

On the video clip Silverstein said, "they made that decision to pull", and from the info that's available Silverstein got paid very well. Also he got rewarded very well for the other WTC buildings.

What's interesting is in the way the buildings came down. A person that does controled demolitions of high rises would know if these buildings were pulled down with wired explosive.

Since 9/11, I became interested in watching video footage on controled demolitions of high rises. The key word here is 'controled'.

Just watch WTC Building 7 being pulled down.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I think it was demo'd, the damage done to that building, for sure would not have made it collapse that way. It sure casts doubt on the whole "accepted" 9/11 conspiracy.

8. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

"they made that decision to pull"

Who is "they"? and also why?

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Do you have any idea the amount of prep work that goes into a controlled demolition? The walls are stripped. Key structural girders exposed. Explosives planted and connected together with miles of wire.

The WTC was not a controlled demolition. Not unless thousands of people were in on it.

10. leopold Valued Senior Member

i can't vouch for building 7 but you can bet your sweet ass that WTC 1 and 2 WAS NOT a controlled demolition.

11. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

A question to be asked, Was there any electrical renovations done in WTC Building 7 before 9/11? Somebody may know that.

Larry Silverstein said, "they made that decision to pull, and we watched the building collapse".

12. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

No.
    You don't understand.
    An 'electrical repair' wouldn't consist of tearing off the concrete walls to get to the girders to cover them in explosives. Nor would it consist of miles of thick detonation cord connecting said explosives.

You have no idea what prep work is involved for a controlled explosion.
    You seem to think that you can just sprinkle the building with pixie dust and voila.
    Wrong.

The WTC was not a controlled demolition unless thousands of people were in on the conspiracy.
    Period.

14. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

For what little it's worth, that was my recollection of the day (and I worked in 2 WTC back then and had many friends and acquaintances in American Express and Smith Barney in building 7). I'm sure my memory may be faulty, as it was obviously a rough day, but I thought I heard a news report saying that they were afraid building 7 was going to collapse, so they were evacuating everyone (firefighters and the like) out of it, then were going to collapse it themselves in a controlled way, rather that wait for it topple over uncontrolled.

I'm not one who buys the conspiracy argument, but I could have sworn that's what was being reported. Perhaps they had intended to knock it down and it did fall over on its own, perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me, I don't know.

15. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

16. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

i think the people who initiated all those conspiracy theories are the terrorists themselves. the problem with such theories is you dont need real hard evidence, only to spread just a little doubt in people minds, and there you have it, a full scale conspiracy.

17. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

When it comes to governments, doubt always exists. Their actions have caused us to always question them. It wouldn't be abnormal for any government to do something such as what some conspiracy theorists claim on 9/11. Our people have been sacrificed before and even continue to do so to this day.

"Patriotism is loving your country all of the time and your government only when they deserve it." - Mark Twain

- N

18. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

conspiracy theories thrive on doubt and weakness not on evidence, exactly what i have said.

19. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Exactly! And the more gullible minds soak it up like a sponge does water.

Besides, so many people live such plain, ordinary lives that they WANT to hear something exciting and "insider-ish."

20. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

It is on evidence: History always repeats itself.

Would you like me to tell you some very interesting "insider" information?

- N

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

If they were gonna hit the WTC, why bother with building #7 and all the preliminary work that would need to be done? What's so special about building #7 that they would need to do that?

22. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

He got a shitload of insurance money. He(silverstein) setup some extra insurance just before 9/11.

Silverstein and his partner, Frank Lowy, obtained 99-year leases on the rental and retail spaces of the World Trade Center shortly before the catastrophe of Sept. 11.

Silverstein engaged in a lawsuit to double his insurance pay-off and may win as much as $7.1 billion from the insurance companies by arguing that the destruction of the towers was two insured events instead of one.

The property was insured for $3.55 billion. Silverstein Properties Inc. asked the judge to rule on the one-loss-or-two issue in a lawsuit against 20 of the 22 insurers on the property.

23. battig1370 Registered Senior Member

Is there any thorough official investigation on how WTC Building 7 was pulled down?