Who Closed Nominations?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by lixluke, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

In reference to this year's award nominations: http://sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=67068

Who closed the thread? It appears some cheater locked the thread with no explaination. Somebody is trying to cheat by closing nominations to eliminate competition.

Please reopen the nomination thread. The nominations are scheduled to end on Sunday. Some members did not want to make a rash choice, and are waiting for the last minute to decide who they want to nominate. Now they cannot because somebody closed the nomination thread without explanation.

The first post in the thread is the most important. The rest of it is for people to post their nominations. Any nomination I find, I just edit it into the first post. Other than that, most of the discussion has been about people campaigning and partaking in precompetition discourse. The nominations will end Sunday night (Actually early Monday morning). Then the Awards will commence.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    You ain't got a chance in Hell, anyway...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

That would be me.

The "discussion" there was mindless.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Irrelevant.

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

yeah, what's next? close down sciforums?

9. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Yes mindless discussion in the thread. What should I do? How can I accommodate the people that still want to make nominations? I think somebody wanted to nominate you, but they still weren't sure who to choose. Can't you delete all the posts, and leave the first one so that people can continue posting nominations?

10. leopold Valued Senior Member

i didn't know plazma sanctioned the "bestest member awards".

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

He didn't did he?

12. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

So what ?

13. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Dear killjoy after careful consideration we have chosen rottie as the winner. Your campaign PR work made all the difference. I look forward to his victory speech with great anticipation (if possible could he appear at the podium with his decaying body in a cardboard box beside him?)

sincerely;
    your amigos
    The Official election commitee

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I nominate sock puppet path as key nominator in the bestest award nominations nominating.

15. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

*Ahem* I upgraded my signature

Edit: Pay NO attention to the unofficial election commitee (aka lixluke)

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I nominate sock puppet path as minister of truth and misinformation.

17. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Gee...

I dunno if Varda saved 'is body... (Rottie's 'umble origins)
    LoL

The obvious figurehead nature of the position of "bestest member" prompted me to reason a disembodied head would serve "bestestly" to carry out the required responsibilities of the post.

I know ~!
    There I go - thinking again...

Rest assured the Old Krupnik I've dosed my coffee with liberally will suspend that insidious activity in short order !

18. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

I humbly accept your nomination and use my new powers to dub thee "smiter of dragons that live in europe and asia minor according to historical records."

Arise sir Smiter

19. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Your logic is not to be trifled with, you are a campaign manager of epic proportions.

Anywho I'm sure a pile of old oily rags will do fine as a decaying corpse from a distance.

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Is rottie a true member though or merely an aspiring member? We now he is in varda's closet but he hasn't made an account yet, altough I am sure that he has been pulling the strings of many other members lately.

21. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

hmmm...

Well, he told me he was a member via the Canine Angelic Realms - supposedly his ISP - and furthermore, that Jesus loved him and assured him that "It's not ALL dogs that go to heaven, you know..."

I'm thinking (I know ~! Clearly more strong drink is in order !) that, while on the one hand, a nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat, on the other, you don't see the Son of God endorsing the scam-artist pizza delivery guy, do ya ?

22. Rottie Banned Banned

WOOF WOOF...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    *decompose*

23. Rottie Banned Banned

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.