Anti-Abortion Bill Passes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sandy, May 25, 2007.

1. sandy Banned Banned

Thank God. Now maybe people will stop murdering our own American babies. The 1.5 million murdered every year are being replaced with babies of illegal aliens.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

A bill prohibiting public funds from being used for most abortions has become law in Oklahoma after a deadline passed for the state's governor to veto the measure.

A good start. I pray all states follow. I never wanted my taxes to go toward killing babies.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN2436956720070524?feedType=RSS&rpc=22

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

OMG thank god that only god can kill babies now!!!

Let's outlaw guns now so we can end the killing of people by people and give god room again to kill people.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sandy Banned Banned

Outlawing guns won't stop the killing of people. It will give criminals a better chance to escape from police. Many people are killed by cars. Many are killed with knives. Many are killed by drugs. Evil people will kill innocent people with or without guns.

I'm just glad that at least in one state, murderers can no longer destroy babies using taxpayer money.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

I hope this type of thing won't continue.

8. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Cheers rights. I love having Bush in control of the US, its giving us 3rd world countries a lot of opportunity to catch up

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Americans murder their babies! Shock, horror! It must stop.

10. Balerion Banned Banned

I'm not for abortion, either. As liberal as I am on so many things, abortion just doesn't sit right with me. I know that people talk about a woman's right to choose, but nobody who says that lives in the real world. Girls use abortion as a form of birth control. Rather than using protection, they just hope for the best, and when the best doesn't happen, they run to the doctor and get the thing terminated.

But, at the same time...I'm in no position to tell anyone that they can't get an abortion. I'm not a woman, thus I've never been pregnant, and don't know what it's like to go through that. I think it's a bad sign when governments make these very personal decisions for people. It should not be up to some fat, rich white guy in Congress to make such a choice for a 17-year-old girl in the projects.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

So they'll go to another state.

12. Bells Staff Member

But you'd be happy using the same tax payer money to kill babies as they cross the border "illegally". Didn't you say they should use landmines? Imagine how many babies would die then.

Controlled breeding..

And yes I am joking.

That's exactly the point. You've hit the nail right on the head.

Abortion should never be used as a form of birth control. Educating teenagers from an early age about sex and contraception would probably go a lot further in reducing the numbers of abortions. However many schools in the US refuse to allow sex education and the use of birth control to be taught.

This law opens up the issue of backyard abortions and as someone already said, they'll just go interstate to do it. Abortion is a personal issue. No one is in a position to tell someone to have one or not. The only person who can make that decision is the girl/woman who is pregnant and does not want to be.

13. Balerion Banned Banned

Well, yes and no. Young teens (and even people in their early 20s) have misconceptions about when and how a girl can get pregnant. I've been with women, and have heard some of the ridiculous theories these girls have had...it's almost laughable.

It would have been laughable, actually, except for the fact that my last girlfriend had already had an abortion before she met me. And while we were together, her two best friends got pregnant and had abortions.

So yes, I think an even more important issue that preaching protection is teaching just how the reproductive system works. Most people don't know, believe it or not. I mean, it's obvious that the Sex = Pregnancy idea hasn't sunk in...it's time to get specific.

I wish I could say this was a religious issue...but I don't think it is. It's really about parents who are scared that sexual knowledge will lead to promiscuity. Rather that facing the fact that their kids are going to have sex regardless of what they do or don't know about, they just hope that putting blinders on them will prevent it.

Unfortunately, it's this mentality that is contributing to unwanted pregnancies.

Well, there's an interesting problem with this: the only way to truly lower the amount of abortions is to make it illegal...but...as much as I think abortions are wrong, I find government dictating the legality of matters like that just as wrong--maybe more so. Abortion isn't a criminal issue; it's a moral issue, and moral values should not be decided by government, in my opinion.

Let me just clarify my stance on abortion...

Like I said before, I will never be in the position of the pregnant teen, or the victim of rape, who absolutely cannot afford (financially, or emotionally, depending on the circumstance) to raise the child. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. There is always an alternative to abortion...like adoption! My mother gave birth to me when she was 17, and needless to say that I'm pretty damn thankful she chose not to abort me, choosing instead to put me up for adoption. Perhaps that clouds my judgment on this issue, but whatever the case, I think that abortion is needless.

It's not about killing babies, because it's still just a fetus when it's aborted. For me, it's about accountability; the kid that could potentially have a wonderful life, maybe even positively contribute to the world, getting robbed of that chance because the mother isn't willing to deal with the pregnancy. There's nothing that says you have to keep the child. There are alternatives.

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

No. You see. Those babies are not american, therefore, they are not human. So it's ok to mutilate them.

She's soooooo Christian....

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

JDawg,

You are one of those rare good american citizens.....

16. Balerion Banned Banned

There are plenty of us, Truth. Don't be fooled by people like ...they aren't as prevalent as you might think.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2007
  17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I pray to God. LOL!

(That is, I pray to God you are right!)

18. Exploradora Registered Senior Member

Firstly, we use the term embryo and fetus for a reason- it is not a baby until it gets OUT of the womb.

I support abortion rights. And it angers me that these people are have restricted access to abortion so severely that people with legitimate health concerns cannot receive abortions in parts of this country. It also angers me that the same people that want to ban abortions also want to restrict birth control access, especially the morning after pill (high dose birth control). Why should my government be able to dictate what health procedures I elect to have? Why aren't these same people trying to make a law saying my insurance HAS to pay for legitimate birth control methods, like an IUD for instance? These are EMBRYO'S and fetuses that cannot survive outside of the uterus- they have no more consciousness than a tadpole. You can choose not to have an abortion and I totally support that, as long as you don't take away my options.

19. Balerion Banned Banned

That's a great point that I didn't even think of. There are plenty of women who can't have a baby due to the health concerns. They shouldn't be given a death sentence simply because some religious guy or gal in Congress or the House has decided that abortion is wrong.

Exactly. You have to wonder what they're trying to promote here...

Because lawmakers live in a box. These people are career politicians, and haven't had to live in the real world in years.

Also, I think that our government reaches beyond their rights by trying to turn moral issues into legal issues. Again, I think most abortions are done as a form of birth control, and are not done for health reasons, so I think that largely, abortion is wrong. But at the same time, I would NEVER protest, or tell you that you can't have one, because it's not my place. It's not government's place, either.

20. sandy Banned Banned

Killing babies is wrong. Research 'baby development'. It will horrify you how people kill babies in the name of 'abortion'.

By 6 weeks a babies' arms, legs, heart, jaw, and eyes have already started developing. If people actually knew they were killing this adorable little baby, maybe they'd do it less. Some would still do it. We call them liberals.

http://www.babycenter.com/general/1498210

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Looks like a parasite to me.

22. sandy Banned Banned

23. Exploradora Registered Senior Member

I know what a fetus looks like during the various stages of development. I think most well educated people, especially women, do. At that stage, and within the first trimester and even in parts of the second trimester the fetus shows no signs of consciousness. Yes, if nothing goes wrong and the pregnancy is carried close to term, ideally the baby will eventually have consciousness. But when abortions happen there is no consciousness, thus in my humble opinion there is no personhood.

Baby development focuses on the development between birth and when the baby starts walking. You are thinking of fetal development. My brother, who s 11 months old, is in a stage of infant, or baby, development. He weighs about 18 pounds and can stand, play, pick up a ball and put it in a crate, and can say things like "mama" and "nana". He would resent being compared to a fetus at this stage